Crawl! fanzine Digital Editions...! (pdf)

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

reverenddak

Crawl! fanzine Digital Editions...! (pdf)

Post by reverenddak »

...are going to start showing up soon:

at The d20pfsrd Shop:
http://shop.d20pfsrd.com/collections/du ... l-classics

and RPGnow:
http://www.rpgnow.com/index.php?manufacturers_id=4955

Number One (the first issue) is already up for a super introductory price of $1.75 (half off the printed edition.) , You can buy the Van den Danderclanden special, by itself, for only a buck. Note: if you want to support those d20 SRD sites, and purchase my zines from them (and until it is fixed) buy the Crawl fanzine "bundle", which includes No.1 and the Van den Danderclanden special. It's already bundled on the RPGnow site.

Each issue will be released one a day until Number 6: Classic Class Collection gets released this weekend!
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Crawl! fanzine Digital Editions...! (pdf)

Post by beermotor »

Cool is #6 shipping this week? Good deal.

Would be cool to get a digital copy with a print subscription, hint hint!
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

beermotor wrote:Cool is #6 shipping this week? Good deal.

YOU DO! I haven't figured out how to do that yet! (I haven't figured out how give away digital copies, yet.)

When you're as DIY as I am, you kind of get into the habit of "doing it yourself", so when it comes to working with other companies, like RPGnow and the d20pfsrd Shop, you have to do "their way"... and... yeah. It's all too confusing. I struggled trying to figure everything out the past few weeks, and converting the "print" version of the PDFs to "digital edition" PDFs was harder than I thought. Then setting up the "pages" for selling it, so it looks good and makes sense literally gave me a headache. My eyes still hurt, and I'm a guy that has sat in front of a computer as a job/career for over 13 years (and gained like 40 lbs... but I digress.) Takes a lot of time that I don't have, etc.

This is how I'm going to do it, I think, but it's going to be a slow and analog process:

If you have purchased a print edition, and you want a PDF edition, send me proof (a Google Wallet Invoice number, Paypal Reciept, or something like a pic of you holding a copy that's obviously not 'shopped, etc. if you bought it at a con or from me in person) and I'll send you a RPGnow coupon code thing.

If you have a subscription, I'll have your info on file, so you don't have to dig anything up, just make sure to let me know the name or email that I have on file for you, and your RPGnow email address, I'll also send you a coupon thingie.

Use this email: digitalandprint@straycouches.com, it'll help me and not lost.

But if you want to support a tiny, under-employed, small-time, publisher, buy it if you don't mind (I don't want to guilt anybody into paying for it.)

I'm just really stoked at the support and following I've been getting, and I'm happy to have them available now in a digital format.
Last edited by reverenddak on Tue Feb 05, 2013 12:55 pm, edited 1 time in total.

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Malovech
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Malovech »

You rock Dak!
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

reverenddak wrote:
beermotor wrote:Cool is #6 shipping this week? Good deal.

This is how I'm going to do it, I think, but it's going to be a slow and analog process:

If you have purchased a print edition, and you want a PDF edition, send me proof (a Google Wallet Invoice number, Paypal Reciept, or something like a pic of you holding a copy that's obviously not 'shopped, etc. if you bought it at a con or from me in person) and I'll send you a RPGnow coupon code thing.

Dude you should make people post photos of them holding up their print copies for verification. WHO CAN POST THE SILLIEST FANBOI PIC? I mean, full on LARPy lameness, engage. I may go shirtless with the hobbit-feet slippers and the CRAWL! mags covering my junk.

Or maybe the antibiotics/steroids are making me a little looooooopy tee hee
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

beermotor wrote:Dude you should make people post photos of them holding up their print copies for verification. WHO CAN POST THE SILLIEST FANBOI PIC? I mean, full on LARPy lameness, engage. I may go shirtless with the hobbit-feet slippers and the CRAWL! mags covering my junk.

Or maybe the antibiotics/steroids are making me a little looooooopy tee hee
AHahahahahaha! Lucky I wasn't drinking anything. I would have spit it all over my computer. But, yes, that would be funny.

Dude, I'll extend subscriptions for good ones!

Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Bought the first Crawl! and I really like it. I hope you're going to upload the others soon too. This is how a fanzine should look like.
Vorpal Mace: a humble rpg blog with some DCC-related stuff.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

beermotor wrote:.....and the CRAWL! mags covering my junk....
The Crawl! mag is too.....short....to fully "cover" my junk.

How much will show? Just the tip.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Ogrepuppy wrote:
beermotor wrote:.....and the CRAWL! mags covering my junk....
The Crawl! mag is too.....short....to fully "cover" my junk.

How much will show? Just the tip.
Just don't hold it with the cover facing up at you -- face the cover away from your body...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

I'm not gonna post a picture of "Crawl! and the purple worm", but I am stoked you have the digital edition rockin and rollin'; Way to go Dak!
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Bought #2... Aw, cool tables! Four more to go! :)
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Skars wrote:I'm not gonna post a picture of "Crawl! and the purple worm"
Ha ha ha! That's awesome!

I wonder how many other inappropriate D&D-isms we can use for our genitals?!?
Ravenheart87
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ravenheart87 »

Ogrepuppy wrote:
Skars wrote:I'm not gonna post a picture of "Crawl! and the purple worm"
Ha ha ha! That's awesome!

I wonder how many other inappropriate D&D-isms we can use for our genitals?!?
Well, we do have a bunch of polearm names we can use...
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

PDFs are awesome but printcopy r00Lz!
shop.d20pfsrd.com
Gongfarmer

Post by shop.d20pfsrd.com »

Hey all! John here from d20pfsrd.com (the shop.)

Just wanted to say hey to everyone and welcome the Crawl Fanzine to the store. We're really glad to be able to offer DCC products in the store and will continue to try to add more as we can convince others to jump aboard the d20pfsrd renegade freight train. Oh, also, d20pfsrd.com will be releasing a new full color magazine (PDF only for now) that will be all about "open gaming" of any genre (OSR is a particular favorite so look for lots of it to come.) The mag will be called "d20pfsrd.com Presents: Open Gaming Monthly" and hopefully we can show off some awesome old school content in it.

Ok take care and good gaming all!
shop.d20pfsrd.com
Gongfarmer

Post by shop.d20pfsrd.com »

Hey all! Glad to be able to offer the Crawl! fanzine in the d20pfsrd estore (http://shop.d20pfsrd.com). Expect to see more DCC stuff added over time as we're big fans of OSR in general and DCC in particular!
TheRusty
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by TheRusty »

This news was so unexpected and so awesome, I bought all Five currently available on RPGnow today. I haven't even read them yet and I am waiting with baited breath for #6.

Way To Go!
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

shop.d20pfsrd.com wrote:Hey all! Glad to be able to offer the Crawl! fanzine in the d20pfsrd estore (http://shop.d20pfsrd.com). Expect to see more DCC stuff added over time as we're big fans of OSR in general and DCC in particular!
Thanks John!

So, I don't know if ya'll have noticed but I put the zines up on sale at http://shop.d20pfsrd.com/collections/du ... l-classics earlier than they appeared on RPGnow. One of the reasons I did that was because the d20pfsrd shop helped me out at ton. They responded quicker than OneBookshelf and I truly had the same personal service I get at a friendly neighborhood shop vs how I usually get treated at a big-box. So I hooked them up.

On that note, the digital version of number 6 should show up tonight or tomorrow morning at the d20pfsrd Shop site, while it's not going to show up at RPGnow until tomorrow night. (The print version goes on sale tomorrow morning at 10AM PST.)

So keep an eye on my website, http://www.crawlfanzine.com/, and when they go live, don't hesitate to post about it on your favorite social network. I'm probably going to be AFK for a bit this weekend.

btw, do people on Facebook know what's going on? Does anyone want to be a liaison of sorts over at Facebook?

Thoom
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Thoom »

I'm happy to learn about d20pfsrd. I bought all the Crawl zines I didn't have in print there in pdf format as well as the AL series for good measure. :)
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Cough *ahem* cough

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”