Patron Sourcebook from Dragon's Hoard Publishing??

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

sedric the hero
Ill-Fated Peasant

Patron Sourcebook from Dragon's Hoard Publishing??

Post by sedric the hero »

I don't normally visit the forums on Goodman Games but here I am.

I am looking for an update status on the DCC Patron sourcebook by Dragon's Hoard Publishing (Angels, Daemons, and Beings Between) which I put money into on Indiegogo back in August. Is it going to be released anytime soon?
Gizrond
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Patron Sourcebook from Dragon's Hoard Publishing??

Post by Gizrond »

I didn't contribute to the Indiegogo, but I too am interested in the book.

Patrons are one of the areas where I'm just too lazy to create my own material.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Guys,

I'm one of the authors. I know they are currently in layout. Daniel and I were a little late with finished content, which may have thrown Sean's schedule off a bit -- we also had a delay on art, which I believe is resolved. I'll ping him and see if he can put an more detailed update in here.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Currently book is at layout stages.

We have a lot of the work done however there are still bits to complete and the final proof reading which will not be rushed.
my hope at this stage at the least is get the PDF into people hands by Christmas but of coarse all work must be approved by Joseph himself.

We will keep you updated at each step as its achieved.

Kind regards

Team leader

Sean connors.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Not everyone who contributed will read this thread. It would be cool if you could send an update via Indiegogo to your backers. There hasn't been an update since the last day of the funding 2 months ago.
dark cauliflower
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by dark cauliflower »

is this going to buyable in the future for people who missed out on the whole online funding thing?
Dark Cauliflower

--from deep night comes the cruciferiouz king!
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

I will totes be picking this book up!
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

dark cauliflower wrote:is this going to buyable in the future for people who missed out on the whole online funding thing?
Yep.
cthulhudarren wrote:I will totes be picking this book up!
Good! Hopefully lots of folks will.

As far as I know, the book is through editing and layout... I think it's getting ready to go to Goodman for approval, so... fingers crossed first of the year? I'll let Sean chime in since he's running the show.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I'm one of the writers on this project as well. It is my understanding that we are going through final layout and editing now, with the thought to trimming the tree with a little more art that the last layout version had. I hope that the wait will be worth it; I am pretty happy with how this has turned out.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

I can't wait for this. Of all the crowd funding projects I've backed, this may very well be the one that I most look forward to. (It's close with the Demons & Devils miniatures and Takes From the Fallen Empire.)
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Well, I certainly hope that it doesn't disappoint. I've put a lot of effort, personally, into it, and I am not alone!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The book is currently with Goodman Games for approval.

There is language in the book intended to make it friendly to other 3pp and Goodman Games as well, so that others can use the patrons therein for adventures, etc., without having to seek special permission. We considered that an important "value added" feature.

BTW, did you notice that Radaghast the Brown, in The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey, has taken Radu as his patron?
SoBH pbp:

Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Im a supporter. I have since moved, changed adddress. Will we be contacted when the book is ready to ship?

If this book goes well, maybe you can work on a second volume. There are plenty of player submissions here already, and maybe more can be requested. They would be great to have all in one book, instead of hitting links & looking all over.

Anyway, Im glad I could support this project & cant wait to see the book!
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

Blood Axe wrote:Anyway, Im glad I could support this project & cant wait to see the book!
Me too. This is on my short list of anticipated products.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”