Need help with what to submit for publishing.

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Devil Swine
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Need help with what to submit for publishing.

Post by Devil Swine »

I have a ton of stuff that might be of interest to others. Patrons,races,adventures,setting ideas ect..

Much of it are things I converted to DCCRPG. I do have a lot of stuff I made up 100% but many of our favorite things are based on the works of others.

The Egg of Coot,a patron from the land of Blackmoor.

Beatleguise, the imprisoned demon patron. The movie!

Donblas,The Lord of Law patron. Elric!

Miggea, the Mad Goddess of Law patron. Elric!

The Ghoul race from Lankhamar!

Several adventures set in places like Punjar.

I want to submit them to Crawl but am unsure of how to go about doing so and not get in trouble. In no way are any of those my creations to start with,I'm just converting them to DCCRPG.

Is that legal? If I make it clear in the article that its only a conversion is that enough? The Goodman games stuff I figure I'm ok as they will see everything up front and either kick it lose or be ok with it,the other things I'm just really unsure about.

I do see Dragon magazine did a lot of things like this but perhaps they obtained permission first.

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

If I can't use these things then I can live with that,I have a lot of my own works to submit but people would be a lot more interested in reading about conversions of Fafhrd and the Gray Mouser than my own Hyppa and The Duk. :D Though Hyppa and The Duk do rock!
Devil Swine
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Need help with what to submit for publishing.

Post by Devil Swine »

I also have a ton of business's in Punjar that would make nice articles for people's Punjar DCCRPG game. They are pretty specific to Punjar in attitude and feel though.

These are taken from my own game notes so most of them have gotten a workout in game.

Bloody Nut's used Weapons and Armor.

Smitty's Place.

The Scraped Copper Inn.

Swamburg's Sausages.

The Bloody Bucket (Tavern).

The Guild of Seekers (Adventurers guild with tons of attitude).
beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Need help with what to submit for publishing.

Post by beermotor »

If you're doing a conversion, you're PROBABLY okay so long as you aren't charging for it. So you as the author should be okay from a legal perspective, but I'm really not sure about the publisher, who is making money off of it. I dunno. CRAWL! rocks but it may not be the best vehicle for conversions of copyrighted material.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”