Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

Post by Pesky »

Congrats AD&BB Team! :D
Terry Olson
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Pesky wrote:Congrats AD&BB Team! :D

Thanks! Now I have to turn on the writing afterburners...
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

Raven_Crowking wrote:http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/2012/0 ... on-of.html

Logos is alive!
Awesome stuff. Thanks for the preview!
Terry Olson
theHunterD13
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by theHunterD13 »

Ladies and Gentlemen we have done it. With thirteen days to go we have reached our initial goal of $2,000. We want to take a moment and give a big thank you to all of our supporters out there, without you this project wouldn't have gone anywhere so thank you for your trust and faith in this project.

But we aren't through yet! $2,000 was just the tip of the iceberg now we have our sights set on our first stretch goal of $4,000. If we reach this goal you will receive Sean Connors CEO of Dragon's Hoard Publishings module, “The Tomb of Curses”, in addition to all the other goodies we have to offer! That means everyone who contributes $10 will receive the module and if you were already going to get it, your copy will instead be a deluxe version with unique art and signed by Sean himself. In addition to this module we will be adding 16 additional pages of patrons to the project if we attain this new goal!

Will we reach this new goal? Only time and your support will tell.

Thank you again for your continued support. Remember the Patrons are waiting.

Respectfully Yours,

The Dragon's Hoard Publishing Staff
sheriffharry
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by sheriffharry »

I will fund this project, but I'm still considering at which level...

Quick question: is the "special dm's screen" ($45+ level) the same thing as the goal #3 (if the the project reach 8000$+), "bonus 3-panel screen" and the "special detachable screen" ($50+ level) ?

If these are two (three?) different things, which one is drawn by Scott Ackerman??

Thanks!
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

If you fund at 45 you will receive the Scott Ackerman 3 panel screen.

We had stretch goals that included it but also hedged our bets to encourage people to bid high so the product would see the light of day.To a few or the many depending on what amount we hit.

Looking forward to your pledge.

Regards

Sean
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Please fix the typos on the Indiegogo page. It isn't much work & it could be the difference between someone deciding to pledge or not. The more professional you appear, the better.
Imnaha
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Imnaha »

I took the plunge and made a pledge based on the video showing the artwork, especially the DM screen, and Daniel Bishop's patron write-ups here and and at http://ravencrowking.blogspot.ca/

I'm pretty excited abut this, especially if we can get some more pages added
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thank you for your kind words.

Sean posted a new video on the Indiegogo site to sweeten the pot. I recommend checking it out if you are fence-sitting. Basically, he has consolidated stretch goals so that more material will be produced even if we only hit our first stretch goal target.

http://www.indiegogo.com/Unusualsuspects

BTW, unless I am completely mistaken, Lavarial, Angel of the Temple, makes an appearance in the video, as well as Hecate, Goddess of Witches, and the beautiful judge's screen you may have heard about earlier.

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

We're $300 away from the next patron preview, with a 50% chance of either Lavarial or Radu.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SoBH pbp:

Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

I really like the image but the cover design feels like it borrows too much from old DnD design.
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

I dig the potential cover! It's kind of Erol Otus like, and he is my favorite RPG artist ever. I have a question about the book. Will there be more Cthulhu mythos 'gods' like Dagon, Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth?
Primus
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Primus »

cthulhudarren wrote:I dig the potential cover! It's kind of
Erol Otus like
, and he is my favorite RPG artist ever. I have a question about the book. Will there be more Cthulhu mythos 'gods' like Dagon, Azathoth and Yog-Sothoth?

+1
THE ONE AND THE PRIME....NEVER FORGOTTEN
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

There is definitely more than one nod to HPL in the patrons I'm working on, although I have not used the traditional names.
SoBH pbp:

cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

Raven_Crowking wrote:There is definitely more than one nod to HPL in the patrons I'm working on, although I have not used the traditional names.
How come? DCC uses the name "Cthulhu". Are the other ones legal issues?

Also, are you doing any mythological pantheons? Norse? Greek?
funkaoshi
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by funkaoshi »

Some of Lovecraft's work is in the public domain, and some of it isn't, and it's apparently a bit confusing figuring out what's what? At least, that's how I understand things.
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

funkaoshi wrote:Some of Lovecraft's work is in the public domain, and some of it isn't, and it's apparently a bit confusing figuring out what's what? At least, that's how I understand things.

hopefully we can have patrons that are Cthulhian in everything but name. Nyarlathotep would be a great patron. Hastur too.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

cthulhudarren wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:There is definitely more than one nod to HPL in the patrons I'm working on, although I have not used the traditional names.
I feel it is likely that Joseph Goodman probably talked with an IP lawyer before doing so, and I didn't want to burden the development team with that sort of thing. Also....
Hecate, Goddess of Witches, has already been posted as a preview on the website. Ptah-Ungurath, the Opener of the Way, is a combination of Egyptian Ptah and Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep and Shub-Niggurath: "He has been known by many names, and always he has heralded the approach of Chaos. Some call him the Seeing Face. Some call him the Black Goat. Others yet call him Father and Mother of Monsters." Mulmo, He Who Whispers Forgotten Secrets, is partially Lovecraft and partially inspired by Michael Moorcock. Set-Utekh the Destroyer has his roots in Egyptian mythology, Robert E. Howard, and a certain British television programme that I shall not name.

Looking through the DCC rules, I enjoy the sudden discovery when I realize that something is a reference to one of the works of Appendix N, and I hope that others will have that same sense of joy when they realize that Logos, for example, is a direct nod to A. Merritt's The Metal Monster.

One of the problems with a work of this nature is that you want to include a wide variety of patrons that can be used in as many campaigns as possible. This is both to make sure that the work is as useful as possible to most judges, and to inspire additional creations by those judges through including the unexpected as well as the oft looked for.

Of course, at certain levels our contributors have a real say as to what will be included, so if there is a patron that you really need to see.......
SoBH pbp:

cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

Raven_Crowking wrote:
cthulhudarren wrote:
I feel it is likely that Joseph Goodman probably talked with an IP lawyer before doing so, and I didn't want to burden the development team with that sort of thing. Also....
Hecate, Goddess of Witches, has already been posted as a preview on the website. Ptah-Ungurath, the Opener of the Way, is a combination of Egyptian Ptah and Lovecraft's Nyarlathotep and Shub-Niggurath: "He has been known by many names, and always he has heralded the approach of Chaos. Some call him the Seeing Face. Some call him the Black Goat. Others yet call him Father and Mother of Monsters." Mulmo, He Who Whispers Forgotten Secrets, is partially Lovecraft and partially inspired by Michael Moorcock. Set-Utekh the Destroyer has his roots in Egyptian mythology, Robert E. Howard, and a certain British television programme that I shall not name.

Looking through the DCC rules, I enjoy the sudden discovery when I realize that something is a reference to one of the works of Appendix N, and I hope that others will have that same sense of joy when they realize that Logos, for example, is a direct nod to A. Merritt's The Metal Monster.

One of the problems with a work of this nature is that you want to include a wide variety of patrons that can be used in as many campaigns as possible. This is both to make sure that the work is as useful as possible to most judges, and to inspire additional creations by those judges through including the unexpected as well as the oft looked for.

Of course, at certain levels our contributors have a real say as to what will be included, so if there is a patron that you really need to see.......
Yeah, Fafhred and the Grey Mouser also have cool patrons.
cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by cthulhudarren »

Raven_Crowking wrote: Of course, at certain levels our contributors have a real say as to what will be included, so if there is a patron that you really need to see.......

Point taken! thanks.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

cthulhudarren wrote:Yeah, Fafhred and the Grey Mouser also have cool patrons.
I am working on a patron called "Belshar of the Five Eyes".
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

You know what? If we can get this thing to $3000 by the end of the day, I'll preview both Radu and Lavarial.
SoBH pbp:

bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by bholmes4 »

I am still trying to decide what funding level to jump in at. Some questions:

1. Does the base book come with magic items or only the $50 pledge?
2. Can we get an example of a magic item? Will they be basic items like in D&D, more complex like artifacts or something closer to what we have seen in the DCC modules?
3. Any idea what the T-shirt will look like (ie. black with the book cover printed on it)?
4. Will the detachable DM screen have artwork on it facing the players or will it have sleeves on the outside facing them? Will it have rules and such on the inside (DM side) or is that where we place our sheets?

Thanks.
Outsiders68
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Outsiders68 »

Hi there,

To answer your questions in order

1. $50 gets you the magic item section

2.its a range of items drawing from the roots of rpg game history for inspiration several of them I'm using in my tomb of curses module so dm's and players may recognise them or think they do.

One artefact I'm bringing back is the deck of many things now called the deck of pesh joomang naturally it's changed to fit dcc theme and tone more accurately.

3.black t-shirt with book cover is the plan.

4.for the screen I want to have sleeves on the inside to hold sheets you choose art facing players.

Hope that helps

6 days to go

Regards

Sean

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”