Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

cthulhudarren
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Patrons supplement Kickstarter live!

Post by cthulhudarren »

Outsiders68 wrote:Hi there, and sorry updates have been so sporadic. We've been very busy behind the scenes!

The main book has now been approved, and a pdf version will be sent to $10+ supporters this Friday. We'll announce when the print version is ready to ship, as well as when the pdf and print versions are available for general purchase, as soon as possible. Likewise, all the other goodies we listed for supporters!

Sean connors project leader Patrons supplement.
Sweet! I so want to buy a print version.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

I got my PDF. Looks great! :D
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Glad to hear it. Please let us know what you think when you've had a chance to digest it!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Ive only had time to skim through it, but im very happy. Ive seen one or two small typos, nothing major. I really like the book, im glad I was able to support it. I hope there are more products like this in the future.
When you guys are ready to ship print books, will you contact us first? I have since moved & want to make sure you have the correct address.
I dont want to miss it!
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

I'm enjoying reading it. Well done to all the Patrons team.

I also noticed several typos. I hope that it gets thoroughly proofread before going to the printers. There are words or letters missing from some sentences.

For example, 'Enzazza's patron taint is combination of three factors'. & 'she can pass through any open small enough to admit each crawling bee,' & 'appears as a young woman compose entirely of clear water'.

Or there are obvious typos.

For example 'but the caster does owe Enzazza a a, and'.

Page 5 for example has inconsistent spacing & capitalisation when talking about the core rulebook & caster level.

1d6+CL & 2d6 + CL

&

DCC RPG core rulebook & Core Rulebook.

I also noticed inconsistentuse of italics when talking about golden honey & honey in the 32+ listing of the honey spell.

Isn't this a bit of a weird description for a female only spell?

'He or she also gains diaphanous wings that allow her to fly at a base speed of 50'...'
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thanks for the catches!

We're on it!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Got mine today! (pdf) It looks good!

I'll show it to my group to see if anyone is interested in it.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
Pesky
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Pesky »

The pdf looks good, Guys! I'm looking forward to reading it :D
Terry Olson
Izumneth
Gongfarmer

Post by Izumneth »

Thank you for the corrections! I went through and fixed a bunch of the typo's and added more consistency, and we'll have an updated version of the PDF out shortly next week (we're finalizing an art update for 1 piece).

All apologies for any inconvenience or aggravation this may have created.

Thanks again!

Ken Jelinek
Editor Noob :)
Izumneth
Gongfarmer

Post by Izumneth »

Good news! We updated the art submission, and fixed aforementioned typo's. We'll have the update out to you guys shortly. :)

Thanks again for your patronage and interest!

Ken J.
Editor
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Izumneth wrote:Good news! We updated the art submission, and fixed aforementioned typo's. We'll have the update out to you guys shortly. :)

Thanks again for your patronage and interest!

Ken J.
Editor
I hope that you checked the full text for typos & not just those I found on a quick scan of a few pages. It'd be a shame if the book wasn't fully proofread.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Multiple sets of eyes went through the book, including my own, and we corrected a lot of things prior to sending out the pdfs. Of course, despite that, other things crept through. If you note any other typos, we would of course appreciate hearing about them.
SoBH pbp:

bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by bholmes4 »

I am waiting for the physical product to start properly reading this book so I can't help with typo's (though I didn't notice any in the bits I read). I have to say though, based on the parts I read it looked really good and surpassed my expectations. I can already highly recommend this and I am willing to bet that even fans of other systems could find some inspiration here as well.

One thing that really stood out to me was the healing spells that two of the patrons had (possibly others did, like I said I only read bits). I loved it. Sadly though this only reminded me of what I have repeatedly maintained was a lost opportunity by this game to use the patron system with clerics. Yeah I get that the plan all along was to make each class play unique but the patron system seems like a perfect fit to use with gods and deities. As a bonus, it would always be unclear if the gods are just other powerful patrons and humanity is being duped, or are they really special and above from the other patrons.

Oh well, at least the healing spells in this book will be good inspiration for my own cleric-patron system that I plan on creating one day.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Thank you. Your enjoyment gives me considerable pleasure.

I still have a few things on my plate, but I am considering doing (and posting) a write-up for Mulferret, Queen of Weasels, and a few other "foes" for those who take Radu as patron to have to worry about. A lot of the fun (on both sides of the screen) to having a PC tied to the fate of rabbits is having the creatures that prey on rabbits also take an interest in the PC! I am thinking of making a single free pdf of:

Mulferret, Queen of Weasels
Skareach, King of Hawks
Vulpard, Prince of Foxes

Value added for the patron book of course. :wink:

I haven't talked to Sean about this yet, so it might be able to appear as an extra through Dragon's Hoard with full licensing. I'd like to do the same terms as the main patron book; i.e., open the content for use to anyone who is using GG's 3pp license.

Just some thoughts rattling around in my head......
SoBH pbp:

Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Yes please! That would be awesome. I'd love to see more cool Patrons.

Any thought about a second volume? With the member created Patrons here, and a few more new ones, a second volume would be pretty easy.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Well, I've also done a ton of partial patrons, who didn't make it into the book because of space. Paul has a few too.

But I imagine that Sean will want to see how the first book is received before committing to a second.
SoBH pbp:

Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Well, I've also done a ton of partial patrons, who didn't make it into the book because of space. Paul has a few too.

But I imagine that Sean will want to see how the first book is received before committing to a second.
Of course! But its a thought. It would make a cool PDF if nothing else. I have a couple half finished Patrons myself.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

bholmes4 wrote:
Oh well, at least the healing spells in this book will be good inspiration for my own cleric-patron system that I plan on creating one day.
Yep, I was thinking the same thing when I included them -- I wanted a healing power with some really nasty side effects. Just remember, calling on your patron for any power makes the wizard more indebted to the patron.

I'm bolting on a few things with my campaign clerics that are similar to the patron-wizard relationship, but I'm not messing with the Core Rules much. I like that clerics are different, and I really like what Goodman did with them.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Thanks for the kind words guys -- looks like we have some typos to sniff out.
Raven_Crowking wrote:Well, I've also done a ton of partial patrons, who didn't make it into the book because of space. Paul has a few too.

I think we have enough for a full second volume between us... I have the following completed:

- AKAS the interstellar zookeeper
- Agaderathil, the Dark Between the Stars
- Ghyvwal, the Noble Lion
- Parsiva, the Hollow Queen
- The Nazhghad
- Myrddin, Creature of the Pits
- Tareus, Child of Zael Crater

And these half baked (funny how I couldn't get the benevolent ones completed...):

- Yephriel, the Iron Champion
- Jalianos of the Fluid Forms
- Tamtori, the Silver Song
- Abazash, the Waking Crone
and the White Child of Zoth...

We may have more than another book's worth of content!
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Ragboy- can you post some of your finished patrons?
Colin

Post by Colin »

How about some of the Mythos-related entities such as Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu (as patron rather than god), Shub Niggurath, Hastur, or Mordiggian? :) I'd do them, but my hands are full with a personal project, various other OSR materials, and some DCC writing too.

Colin
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

I'd totally support it. I'm really enjoying reading through the first one. :)
bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by bholmes4 »

Yeah I'd gladly buy/support a part two of this product.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Id certainly buy a second volume.

Once the product & stretch goals are delivered, post an update on the kickstarter/indiegogo page to see if those who already supported volume 1, would be up for a second book.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Colin wrote:How about some of the Mythos-related entities such as Nyarlathotep, Cthulhu (as patron rather than god), Shub Niggurath, Hastur, or Mordiggian? :) I'd do them, but my hands are full with a personal project, various other OSR materials, and some DCC writing too.

Colin
If you know the prose-poem "Nyarlathotep" by HPL, I recommend you examine Ptah-Ungurath, the Opener of the Way.

If not, you can find the prose-poem here: http://www.dagonbytes.com/thelibrary/lo ... thotep.htm

And, yeah, I have enough work done to be able to knock out another book pretty easily.

RC
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”