Goodman Games
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/

(BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIEW
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=70&t=38420
Page 2 of 3

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Thu May 31, 2012 4:49 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

GreyM wrote:
John,

Are you going to make any money on this? :shock:

I'm definitely in at the $30 Collector Level :

Collector's Special - A pdf copy and 2 print copies (each individually shrink wrapped, signed and numbered) of the module, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1: “The Ruins of Ramat.” 1 print copy of the special, limited edition, “Appendix N Adventure Toolkit #1a: “The Witch of Wydfield” (shrink wrapped, signed and numbered). Plus 1 pdf and 2 print copies (including the digest game box) of any Bonus Goal products that are reached.

2 print copies of everything (except 1A) if the stretch goals are reached?!?!? That could, conceivably, be 9 copies of modules + the boxes for $30. I'm all for it, but I want you to make money too :D
Jerry


Well, we have to make each stretch goal for that to happen - which I hope happens. And if it does, it will have funded the first six months of my DCC RPG modules which should give me the resources I need to keep the line going on a regular basis. I figure if 30, 50 or 100 folks pledge to help me do it, I want them to benefit from it. Plus, these digest products are pretty inexpensive to ship arpund the world.

Author:  meinvt [ Fri Jun 01, 2012 5:50 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

I'll endorse the thought up thread for lots of ways for "patron" style backers who want to donate big chunks of money to a project. Check out the last four links on this page http://www.geekindustrialcomplex.com/articles. My friend Neil put some great effort into market research for Kickstarter RPGs, and I think the information gleaned is broadly useful.

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Fri Jun 01, 2012 7:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

meinvt wrote:
I'll endorse the thought up thread for lots of ways for "patron" style backers who want to donate big chunks of money to a project. Check out the last four links on this page http://www.geekindustrialcomplex.com/articles. My friend Neil put some great effort into market research for Kickstarter RPGs, and I think the information gleaned is broadly useful.


Hey thanks! I have already done a bunch of research on kickstarter, but I found this research and his analysis very helpful.

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Fri Jun 01, 2012 8:30 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Kickstarter has been approved. I will make it live Saturday morning. :)

Author:  BigWeather [ Sat Jun 16, 2012 5:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Probably already been pointed out, but... Your link to your website under "Project By" is incorrect:

"We offer our products directly from our website www.bravehalfing.com , RPGNOW.com, Noble Knight Games and in game stores around the world through Impressions Marketing."

Looks like a great project, I'll definitely be backing it!

Author:  Blood Axe [ Wed Jun 27, 2012 4:54 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Final days! All goals have been achieved except the last. We are past the $13K mark. We need $15K to get the RPG setting co-created with Gary Gygax.
You get 4+ adventures & a cool game box.

Jump in & pledge now!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/177 ... pg-modules

Author:  Crimsontree [ Fri Oct 12, 2012 11:18 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Anyone receive any pdf's yet? I was expecting an Adventure N pdf yesterday but didn't receive an email. :?

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:49 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Crimsontree wrote:
Anyone receive any pdf's yet? I was expecting an Adventure N pdf yesterday but didn't receive an email. :?


It will go out today. We had some emergencies in my day job that took up all of my time.

Author:  DCCfan [ Sat Oct 13, 2012 5:44 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Crimsontree wrote:
Anyone receive any pdf's yet? I was expecting an Adventure N pdf yesterday but didn't receive an email. :?


It will go out today. We had some emergencies in my day job that took up all of my time.


8) Can't wait to read it.

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Sat Oct 13, 2012 3:48 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Okay. All emails gathered and pdf file ready, but my eyes are two tired and I do not trust them, so I will send out the file in the morning.

This will be much easier for the next pdfs!

Author:  ShaggyCan [ Sun Oct 14, 2012 11:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Soon?

Author:  DCCfan [ Sun Oct 14, 2012 1:26 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Self edit and removed comment.

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Sun Oct 14, 2012 2:05 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Sorry, but when I did one, last check, the bookmarks are not working right and I trying to fix them before I email it out.
Looks like adding the front and back covers to the pdf messed them up.

I also have to preach at six (it was supposed to be my night off), but back at it by seven pm.

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:45 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Sent, but it looks like around 70 emails addresses did not work. I will set up a download link for supporters in the morning.

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:53 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

My eyes hurt.

Author:  ShaggyCan [ Sun Oct 14, 2012 4:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Hotmail users check your junk, that's where hotmail put it for me. NOT JUNK! :o

Author:  Ravenheart87 [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

I've got my mail. It looks sweet. :)

Author:  DCCfan [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 2:59 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Sent, but it looks like around 70 emails addresses did not work. I will set up a download link for supporters in the morning.

Mine made it fine. Thank You.

Author:  IronWolf [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 4:09 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Yep - received mine. Love the way the map looks! Only had time to skim the adventure.

Author:  funkaoshi [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 5:23 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Looks good. I read it last night. Short and sweet. Looks like it'd be good for a quick evening session.

(There are some typos you'll probably notice now that you've sent the PDF everyone. :P)

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 6:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

funkaoshi wrote:
Looks good. I read it last night. Short and sweet. Looks like it'd be good for a quick evening session.

(There are some typos you'll probably notice now that you've sent the PDF everyone. :P)


Yep. It looks like repairing the bookmarks with an older file messed a few things up and even left out a two-page spanning piece of art.

Well, folks can see what each of these little modules is like and I can fix those things.

The print versions are very nice, in my opinion. ;)

Author:  Crimsontree [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:03 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

One thing that jumped out at me was a big "ALLEN 2012" on the player handouts. Wouldn't it be better if the artist's name & date was outside the handout area? As it is now, it kind of spoils the player's handout.

I'd also prefer more descriptive file names for the pdfs. MapA4 & BRV6001 might be good for the publishers filing system but aren't really helpful to me as a DM.

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 10:07 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Crimsontree wrote:
One thing that jumped out at me was a big "ALLEN 2012" on the player handouts. Wouldn't it be better if the artist's name & date was outside the handout area? As it is now, it kind of spoils the player's handout.

I'd also prefer more descriptive file names for the pdfs. MapA4 & BRV6001 might be good for the publishers filing system but aren't really helpful to me as a DM.


I can fix the file names, but artists... :)

Author:  Coleston the Cavalier [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 11:13 am ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

I appreciate all the suggestions - including making sure I "DCC-ify" magic items and such. I got too caught up in the publishing details and forgot a few to add some of the uniqueness of DCC to the module.

Fixed.

Author:  Crimsontree [ Mon Oct 15, 2012 1:37 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: (BHP) Appendix N Adventure Toolkits - KICKSTARTER PREVIE

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
Crimsontree wrote:
One thing that jumped out at me was a big "ALLEN 2012" on the player handouts. Wouldn't it be better if the artist's name & date was outside the handout area? As it is now, it kind of spoils the player's handout.

I'd also prefer more descriptive file names for the pdfs. MapA4 & BRV6001 might be good for the publishers filing system but aren't really helpful to me as a DM.


I can fix the file names, but artists... :)


Good to hear you'll rejig the file names. I'll just Photoshop ALLEN 2012 out before I give it to my players.

Page 2 of 3 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/