New DCC RPG Kickstarter - Craft of Corpse Born

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

sunrunner4
Far-Sighted Wanderer

New DCC RPG Kickstarter - Craft of Corpse Born

Post by sunrunner4 »

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667 ... rpg-module

Hardcopy module for $16; looks like this is the first go for a new publisher.

Sunrunner4 - Kickstarter Junkie.
LegoRick
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: New DCC RPG Kickstarter - Craft of Corpse Born

Post by LegoRick »

Nice, thanks for the heads up. The only DCC-related crowd-funding project I've missed backing was the Indiegogo one.
sunrunner4
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sunrunner4 »

As an aside, I got them to post some of the interior art, which looks stunning. Nearly like the old Tim Bradstreet (? Broadstreet? Something, and I'm too lazy to look) art from VtM (alright, maybe not that good, but still). Hope this is indicative of the overall quality.

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/667 ... sts/297213

Sunrunner4 - helping out the small run publishers.
Scooby Rex
Gongfarmer

Post by Scooby Rex »

Thanks for the comments. I am Keith Monschke, writer of Craft of Corpse Born. Please let me know if you have any questions. I would be happy to answer and take criticism to help improve the project. Thanks,

Keith Monschke
bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by bholmes4 »

I really think you need to give us a lot more info/teasers on this. Right now I see little reason for people to support the kickstarter as there is so little information on the product and you are an unknown commodity as a writer. If you can get people excited or interested they will help promote it on other websites and hopefully help the cause even more.

Suggestions:
1. Offer up a rough draft of some of the rooms/encounters. Better yet, give us a whole page from the product in whatever form it is in now.
2. Do you offer any new spells, tables, classes, monsters etc? Maybe show us one or two.

The reality is there are too many bad modules out there for me to blindly support another one. I supported the Appendix N kickstarter without knowing much about the modules because Brave Halfling has put out some quality products. On the other hand I supported the Tales of the Fallen Empire kickstarter because even if I don't use their setting, I still want to see the races/classes/monsters in the product. Well that and Michael Curtis is on board which is a great sign.

To get support I think you are going to have to really sell us on your product. Show us you are worth supporting because nice art will only get you so far. Hopefully that doesn't come across as harsh, I really am interested in this product (well any DCC product) but right now I don't know enough about it.
SavageRobby
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by SavageRobby »

I agree with bholmes. I keep looking at this KS campaign, but I don't really know of the company or anyone involved, and haven't seen much if any of the content. So it could be brilliant ... or awful.
sunrunner4
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by sunrunner4 »

The author has started a conversation over at the acaeum, for those interested - "scooby rex" Aka Keith Mononoke (pretty close there).

Sunrunner4 AKA Sunrunner44 - lousy spellur, also lazy.

http://www.acaeum.com/forum/viewtopic.php?f=10&t=12946

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”