The Ooze Pits of Jonas Gralk

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

The Ooze Pits of Jonas Gralk

Post by Raven_Crowking »

What a value for the cost!

Wow!

Purple Sorcerer Games and Jon Marr continue to impress!
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: The Ooze Pits of Jonas Gralk

Post by tovokas »

Thank you, that's very kind!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

tovokas wrote:Thank you, that's very kind!
Not kind at all! I am very impressed!

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

I'm going to be running this one tonight, and I expect it is going to go over very well. In fact, I expect that I'm going to be asking the Mist Men adventure to get published ASAP. Is there going to be a print version of this module?

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

The print version of Ooze Pits is in the proof process, so hopefully (fingers crossed!) it will be available in about a week. (And the PDF of Lair of the Mist Men should go out at about the same time.)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

SPOILER: My players enjoyed the Mist Men encounter.
SoBH pbp:

IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

Looks like I will be running this in a new campaign I have starting next week. Should be fun!
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

tovokas wrote:The print version of Ooze Pits is in the proof process, so hopefully (fingers crossed!) it will be available in about a week. (And the PDF of Lair of the Mist Men should go out at about the same time.)
Oh, hey....if you're reproofing the text, I can warn you of a typo. Page 12, area 6-B, last paragraph, 2nd line. You'll see it if you look.

BTW, I was absolutely forced to share the picture on page 5 with my players, as it sets a tone of "half South Park, half Deliverance" that I found highly amusing. Especially went well with 5 smiles a day.

SPOILERS: I ran this last night. The party is a combination of many new 0-lvls and two 1st lvl survivors of SC-1. At the end of SC-1, the group decided not to continue playing the oppossumen, and declared that they would slip back into the swamp. As the group surveyed their treasures from SC-1, they discovered that some of their best objects were lost thusly. Which is okay, because that is a thread I can weave back in later.

They mucked about a bit in Mustertown, then headed to the Sending Stone. At Slither's End, they were scared to wade across to the fair, and actually tried to catch the shadows they saw in the water with a net. After a fierce tug-of-war, they recovered a slashed net. Then they waded across.

Some fair games were had, and a tour of the town. The whole red pool in the town's centre, the whole cage hanging over it, all the "overheard" clues I passed out......nah. Not interested. On the other hand, they played fair games and wondered what was up with the kids. They met the man-ape and fought mist men. I didn't even need to offer them anything to fight the mist-men....but I gave them the same as the offer as gifts afterwards, and they were happy to go north to look for missing villagers.

Dithering in the flying piranha attack cost them two characters.

They hailed May in the tower, and found out a small amount of information, but asked no follow-up questions. They then agreed to wipe out the river bandits, but didn't think of creating a distraction to make this easier. We left off the night after they fought the snapdragons under the bridge, and one of the party was swooped upon and carried off by the giant owl.

A lot of fun, but I was left shaking my head as my normally ultra-canny group of players head out toward what may well be a TPK.

This module really packs a lot of meat into a short space, and I highly recommend it.

RC
SoBH pbp:

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Okay, Jon, when can I get my hands on Lair of the Mist Men?
SoBH pbp:

tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Soon.. Soon!

Scratching out time to finish it up with everything that the move has involved has been a bit more difficult than I imagined, but it's definitely coming within the week! (perhaps a couple days earlier if you'd like to play test!)
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
sedric the hero
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by sedric the hero »

so here it is...Sept 4th...and I still don't see the print version yet....

<sigh>
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

sedric the hero wrote:so here it is...Sept 4th...and I still don't see the print version yet....

<sigh>
True....but I have to admit that I want Lair of the Mist Men more...... :mrgreen:
SoBH pbp:

IronWolf
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by IronWolf »

sedric the hero wrote:so here it is...Sept 4th...and I still don't see the print version yet....

<sigh>
He posted the pics of the proofs last week to the News section of the blog and on G+. It is coming. There were a couple of small things he wanted to fix and he was going to get it uploaded. It will get here!
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Yes, at this point it's in the printer's hands, and I'm waiting impatiently like the rest of you. The moment it is available I will give the word!

And I've also vowed to get out of the prediction game when it comes to print availability dates. :)

('But', you retort, 'The Lair of the Mist Men is just a PDF'... well, hey... look! New Hobbit trailer!)

Actually I'm thrilled that folks are looking forward to these things, and I appreciate everyone's interest. I apologize for any consternation caused by delays.
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

The lovely full-color print version of The Ooze of Jonas Gralk is now available for order from RPGNow.

Thanks everyone for your patience with the print version. I'm thrilled with how it looks!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Excellent!
SoBH pbp:

LegoRick
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by LegoRick »

Awesome! Just placed my order. Perils of the Sunken City was great. Can't wait to get ahold of this.
tovokas
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by tovokas »

Thanks guys!
Jon Marr
Purple Sorcerer Games
purplesorcerer.com

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”