CRAWL! fanzine

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

reverenddak

Re: CRAWL! fanzine

Post by reverenddak »

arcadayn wrote:I got mine on Friday. Very nice work! The articles are good and the physical quality is great. I really like the paper!
Thanks!

Only the best paper was used, kind of. Three types were used , depending on when & where it was printed (and what was in stock), kinda weird, i know. But the cheapest I used was still a quality 24lb paper, most were done in premium 28lb high end stuff, a few were done with fancy linen-like resume stock. But none of that cheap copier stuff.
Reverend Dakota Jesus Ultimak, S.S.M.o.t.S.M.S., D.M.

(Dungeon) Master In Chief of Crawl! fanzine. - http://www.crawlfanzine.com/

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by bholmes4 »

I got mine a week ago and it's a great first start. I hope future editions will have even more content, especially rule variations, patrons, spells and other inspirational ideas. Would definitely buy again.
bizarrojoe
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bizarrojoe »

I recently took the dive into DCC RPG (still waiting for my gold-foil edition to ship...), I gave my $20 to Kickstarter for Appendix N, and I just recently subscribed to CRAWL! I can't wait to sink my teeth into all this great new material.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

bholmes4 wrote:I got mine a week ago and it's a great first start. I hope future editions will have even more content, especially rule variations, patrons, spells and other inspirational ideas. Would definitely buy again.
More content? Definitely!

Rule variations? Absolutely!

Patrons? No doubt!

Spells? Yes!

And other inspirational ideas? Of course!

"[...] there is no doubt that Dungeons and Dragons and its imitators are right out of the pit of hell." - William Schnoebelen, Straight talk on Dungeons & Dragons
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

bizarrojoe wrote:I recently took the dive into DCC RPG (still waiting for my gold-foil edition to ship...), I gave my $20 to Kickstarter for Appendix N, and I just recently subscribed to CRAWL! I can't wait to sink my teeth into all this great new material.
Congratulations! DCC RPG is a fantastic game, and it solely inspired me, and others, to create stuff that we sure hope inspires and improves your game.

Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

When can we expect the pre-orders for the next issue to go up?
My Gaming Blog: The Earthlight Academy
http://earthlightacademy.blogspot.com/
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

Vanguard wrote:When can we expect the pre-orders for the next issue to go up?
I won't be doing pre-orders for upcoming issues because I don't' really have to. Plus the way the order processing handles things, if I start getting requests for Issue #2, I might accidentally ship a copy of #1. I hope that makes sense.

Issue #2 looking to go on sale the 25th. I'm aiming for releases on the 4th Tuesday of every month, pending GG approval and any other hurdles. Subscriptions will be sent on Monday of that week.

I need a way to separate Back-Issue orders from Current Issues. Since I won't have that problem until the 25th, I'm open for suggestions.

Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

That makes sense. I will probably subscribe later in the year.
bizarrojoe
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bizarrojoe »

Since I subscribed in the past few days, will I receive issue #1 as my first?
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

bizarrojoe wrote:Since I subscribed in the past few days, will I receive issue #1 as my first?
Probably. Unless I noticed you ordered the first issue separately, then I'd have sent you an email to make sure.

But unless otherwise requested, subscriptions start with the current issue.

dunbruha
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by dunbruha »

reverenddak wrote:
bizarrojoe wrote:Since I subscribed in the past few days, will I receive issue #1 as my first?
Probably. Unless I noticed you ordered the first issue separately, then I'd have sent you an email to make sure.

But unless otherwise requested, subscriptions start with the current issue.
Hi. I just subscribed, and put a note in PayPal that I already have issue #1. Hopefully you will see that, but I am noting it here just in case. Looking forward to some more good stuff!
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

dunbruha wrote: Hi. I just subscribed, and put a note in PayPal that I already have issue #1. Hopefully you will see that, but I am noting it here just in case. Looking forward to some more good stuff!
Hi, I caught it!

I just, literally, finished the first lay-out draft of Issue No.2. Boy, what a challenge. It'll be 24 pages (#1 was only 20). I had to omit a few things, but they were minor. I need to not look at if for a few days (I have a trip coming up, so that'll help.) Next week, I'll look at it again with fresh eyes. Send it to JG for approval. Get a few test prints done, fix, and BAM! Send to the printers and you might find it in your boxes in less than 2 weeks!

Until then I need to prepare for FREE RPG DAY (Burbank, CA), prep for the camping trip. If I remember I'll be posting some teasers... it's making me giddy. I think it's better than #1.

bholmes4
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by bholmes4 »

How do we place an order for Issue #2? Will you create a link or do we need to make notes in paypal each time?
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

bholmes4 wrote:How do we place an order for Issue #2? Will you create a link or do we need to make notes in paypal each time?
Goes on sale on the 25th? I should look at a calendar. Last Tuesday of the month. New links and page and stuff, hold off until then. All new orders should indicate the issue being ordered. People ordering back issues will have more to be concerned about me making a mistake. That's why there are no preorders. I'd hate to screw up an order.

Vanguard
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Vanguard »

Dak, if you want to see what I have in store for my players and if you'd be interested in putting some of it in Crawl!, head over to today's blogpost. I'd just quote it, but there's a table that's not copying well.
imperialus
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Sentry Box

Post by imperialus »

Just got my copy yesterday. Awsome little zine. I particularly liked the "getting rid of clerics" rules.
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

imperialus wrote:Just got my copy yesterday. Awsome little zine. I particularly liked the "getting rid of clerics" rules.
Thanks! Glad you liked it.

Here's a little teaser for you forum folks for Issue No.2. Also another update and teaser on the blog:
http://crawlfanzine.blogspot.com/

Tentative On-sale date for Issue No.2 is Tuesday, June 26th.
Attachments
Crawl No.2 Mock-up
Crawl No.2 Mock-up
crawl02mockcover.png (81.57 KiB) Viewed 61523 times

bizarrojoe
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by bizarrojoe »

Yes! I can't wait. You're doing a great job, and providing a wonderful resource.
Colin

Post by Colin »

Great stuff. I wonder if there'll be a red-on-red variant? :)

Colin
arcadayn
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by arcadayn »

Awesome cover! Can't wait to see it!
TGMoore
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by TGMoore »

Looks great! I just subscribed. Will CRAWL! Be available at GenCon 2012?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

TGMoore wrote:Looks great! I just subscribed. Will CRAWL! Be available at GenCon 2012?
Issue #1 came out in late May, issue #2 should be out by the end of June. I don't know the publication schedule, but the pattern I see is that probably issue #3 will be out by GenCon as well....
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
TGMoore
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by TGMoore »

finarvyn wrote:
TGMoore wrote:Looks great! I just subscribed. Will CRAWL! Be available at GenCon 2012?
Issue #1 came out in late May, issue #2 should be out by the end of June. I don't know the publication schedule, but the pattern I see is that probably issue #3 will be out by GenCon as well....
It is carried by only two California game stores. Unless Dak is coming who would have it? Is it already available to distributors?
reverenddak

Post by reverenddak »

TGMoore wrote: It is carried by only two California game stores. Unless Dak is coming who would have it? Is it already available to distributors?
Yep, it's only available (so far) at two local game shops and online through me. I'm figuring out wider distribution, but right now the costs are prohibitive. I wish I knew someone that will be working Gen Con, and I'd send them a bunch to sell at commission. It's not looking good.

Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

reverenddak wrote:I wish I knew someone that will be working Gen Con, and I'd send them a bunch to sell at commission. It's not looking good.
Doug Kovacs will have a booth in the Art Show, ask him and maybe you can work something out.

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”