Brave Halfling Publishing: Appendix N Adventures

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Brave Halfling Publishing: Appendix N Adventures

Post by Coleston the Cavalier »

Guys, I appreciate the support, but they have every reason to be upset with me. I think most folks will be very pleased with all of these little modules in the end.

Production is moving very swiftly now and most everything is moving in a timely manner. The two things left for me to get "on top off" (and I am) are adding more artists (so that production does not stall waiting for one or two pieces of art like it is right now) and working through the logistics of shipping to nearly 600 people at once from my home.

By the time this kickstarter is over (July 2013), folks will have lots of pdf and print products for very little money.
John Adams
Relaxo
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Relaxo »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote: By the time this kickstarter is over (July 2013), folks will have lots of pdf and print products for very little money.
FACT
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

I'd offer to come pack mailers with you, but my teleporter is broken sorry (Just a few more tech levels). :mrgreen:
dark cauliflower
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by dark cauliflower »

I can't wait to see this stuff!

All I can say is that at least he isn't the kickstarter guy who took the money, printed up the materials and then sold them to other people! :lol: That may be the strangest kickstarter story I've heard so far.
Dark Cauliflower

--from deep night comes the cruciferiouz king!
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

I received the pdf to The Vile Worm. A little slice of AWESOME!!

I unknowingly participated in a playtest run. Title & details were unknown to me until I got the pdf & found out the details. Very cool little adventure. If this is any indication of what Im going to get for my $$$, Im very very very happy! :D :D :D
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Im still waiting for Ruins of Ramat, don't rub it in BA :cry:
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

I've seen updates about Delving Deeper shipping but no news about the ship date for the Kickstarter. BHP didn't make the revised November ship date & now December's looking unlikely. Maybe January 2013?
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

Crimsontree wrote:I've seen updates about Delving Deeper shipping but no news about the ship date for the Kickstarter. BHP didn't make the revised November ship date & now December's looking unlikely. Maybe January 2013?
You just gotta laugh. :lol:
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

I will be updating the Appendix N Adventures Annual Subscribers later today and they will also get the pdfs of the first two Appendix N Adventures today as well.

I had an update to the Kickstarter folks on December 9. However, since then, I have had a ten year-old-girl and a 41 year-old mother both die tragically in my church and I have been working with their families and officiating their funerals. Otherwise I would have done another update a few days ago.

I have an updated pdf of "The Ruins of Ramat" that I will be posting for supporters and subscribers later today (and especially for those of you who might have missed the download the first time).

Here are the highlights from my December 9 update that maybe some folks might have missed:
Hey folks,

Yes, I have missed the end of November shipping date, but that shipment will go out asap.

Here is a sneak peak at the map for “The Vile Worm.” I have received all of the art for "The Vile Worm" module except the front piece which should come at any time. You may remember that one of my artists, Steve Zieser is battling stage four cancer (and winning!), but his last surgery left him with a very painful and exhausting side affect that will require another surgery this week. Steve has been doing the front pieces to these modules so far. With or without the front piece, I will send you the pdf of "The Vile Worm" on Monday...

...I promised to ship the special, limited edition module, “The Witch of Wydfield” in this first shipment, so I am doing everything I can to get the art and proofing finished asap so that I can start shipping these three modules asap. Thank you for supporting this crowd sourcing project. :)
Since then, Steve has asked me to get someone else to do that cover piece for him. However, and this is the fantastic news - Steve came through his surgery without a problem and may soon be considered cancer free!

So yes, I am still working on getting the first two modules and the first limited edition module shipped out in print to supporters and subscribers asap, but it will be after the holidays before the art for the limited edition module is ready.
John Adams
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

Skars wrote:Im still waiting for Ruins of Ramat, don't rub it in BA :cry:
I didnt get it either. Contact BHP, i did, and he sent me a PDF.

I havent seen too many Kickstarters make their intended schedules. Especially those that were very succesful or had alot of stretch goals.
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

I sent out another update yesterday with a new download link for The Ruins of Ramat.
John Adams
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

I see that Jimm Johnson wrote Appendix N #2. I've played with him -- GREAT DM. He has an ongoing Skull Mountain campaign that has never failed to amaze -- though I've only played twice, my wizard has been the only survivor in both sessions...

Really looking forward to the Vile Worm.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

ragboy wrote:I see that Jimm Johnson wrote Appendix N #2. I've played with him -- GREAT DM. He has an ongoing Skull Mountain campaign that has never failed to amaze -- though I've only played twice, my wizard has been the only survivor in both sessions...

Really looking forward to the Vile Worm.
I think you can get The Vile Worm at the Appendix N kickstarter page, just log in if you are a backer.

Its a cool little adventure. I actually was in a play-test, but i didnt know what it was, or would be for. We played it with LL rules.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Skars »

Thanks for the update John! I got the desired links to hold me over until the print copies can make their way to my door. The PDFs look great on my new Surface RT:P
Count Fosco
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Fosco »

I downloaded the pdfs this evening and I think they are great. Great job.
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

Blood Axe wrote:
I think you can get The Vile Worm at the Appendix N kickstarter page, just log in if you are a backer.

Its a cool little adventure. I actually was in a play-test, but i didnt know what it was, or would be for. We played it with LL rules.

Yeah -- he's an LL guy -- well, white box guy. I was surprised to see he's doing DCC stuff. I'm going to his all-night New Years Eve "gaming in the garage" party, so I'll interrogate him about it.

Sadly, I am not a Kickstarter supporter... but I did subscribe.
AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

ragboy wrote:
Blood Axe wrote:

Yeah -- he's an LL guy -- well, white box guy. I was surprised to see he's doing DCC stuff. I'm going to his all-night New Years Eve "gaming in the garage" party, so I'll interrogate him about it.

Sadly, I am not a Kickstarter supporter... but I did subscribe.
Tell him Kudos from me. I got the pdf and read it this morning.

Daniel
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

Any news of a shipping date for the first module/s?
Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Crimsontree wrote:Any news of a shipping date for the first module/s?
I will be updating for with the Kickstarter and with Appendix N Adventures subscriptions very soon.
John Adams
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

I'll be moving in two months. Will you ship by then or do you need my new address?
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

DCCfan wrote:
I'll be moving in two months. Will you ship by then or do you need my new address?
The first sets of modules will ship before you move.
John Adams
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
DCCfan wrote:
The first sets of modules will ship before you move.
I'm moving in two days. You need my new address. :lol:

Coleston the Cavalier
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

DCCfan wrote:I'm moving in two days. You need my new address. :lol:
Not quite two months. Don't worry, I am going to contact everyone before the first shipment. :)
John Adams
DCCfan

Post by DCCfan »

Coleston the Cavalier wrote:
DCCfan wrote:I'm moving in two days. You need my new address. :lol:
Not quite two months. Don't worry, I am going to contact everyone before the first shipment. :)
That is what made me laugh. I gave you a timeline and it was a whole month off. Sorry for all the grief I have given you about delays and missed shipping dates. I kind of feel like a brat now for whining so much about it. Good luck with the rest of this project.

beermotor
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by beermotor »

Patience is a virtue. :-)

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”