Compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics dice sets KickStarter

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics dice sets KickStarter

Post by impactminiatures »

Impact! is now running a KickStarter to fund making the dice we need to make a 14 dice set compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics. We are also funding creating a D9 and a D11.

THE STORY OF THE PROJECT:
While at Gen Con in 2013, we had the following available in our booth: a Chessex D3, Impact!'s D5, D7 and D14, a Dice & Games D16 and a Koplow D24 and D30. It was a mismash of sizes, dice styles and the colors did not match at all. However, it meant that we had the extra 7 dice to create a full DCC set for sale at our booth. This was brought to the attention of Joseph Goodman from Goodman Games who created DCC. He stopped by the booth and we talked dice. A great conversation that led to several emails and then to my excitement - interest from Mr. Goodman for Impact! to create fully color matched affordable dice sets compatible with DCC RPG (with all the dice being about 1" or less in diameter to make a more playable set). And that is what this KickStarter is about ... helping Impact! get the funding we need so we can complete the set of 7 special dice for our store and for Goodman Games to eventually sell with DCC. This KickStarter is an Impact! initiative, and if things go well may eventually result in our dice being sold by Goodman Games for DCC RPG.

Any help with backing or sharing the project on forums, Facebook, Twitter, etc. etc. ... is very much appreciated!

http://www.kickstarter.com/projects/674 ... classics-d

Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: Compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics dice sets KickSta

Post by Machpants »

Woo hoo, I'd decided not to bother with KS again a while back.

But then something comes along this good :D
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Arijuna
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Arijuna »

Awesome guys!

Thank you for all your work in making this happen. 8)
Crimsontree
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Crimsontree »

I'm not going to take part in this because I've been burnt by non-delivery of 2 other DCC projects (Appendix N Adventures & Angels, Daemons, and Beings Between). I no longer trust companies to deliver on their promises after several bad experiences with crowdfunded products.
Rick
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: Gateway Games & More

Post by Rick »

FWIW, I backed an earlier KS project by Impact Mini's & they delivered as promised. When I noticed that one of my dice was missing they were quick to replace it w/o any delay or hassle.

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... 60&t=41966

I'm in for this one, too (how could I not be?)
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Crimsontree wrote:I'm not going to take part in this because I've been burnt by non-delivery of 2 other DCC projects (Appendix N Adventures & Angels, Daemons, and Beings Between). I no longer trust companies to deliver on their promises after several bad experiences with crowdfunded products.
Sorry to hear that Crimsontree. We've successfully delivered 10 KickStarter projects and will have complete sent out everything for our 11th KickStarter by the end of January. We should have shipping completed for our 12th KickStarter by the end of March.

We are not new to KickStarter. We have a proven track record of shipping the rewards related to our KickStarters and fixing problems if they happen.

I am very sorry you've had two bad experiences with KickStarter & Indiegogo but would hope you would not paint a proven company with the same brush as John Adams and Sean Connors (both who were running their 1st successful crowdfunding campaigns and thus had no idea what they were doing).

We won't screw you over Crimsontree ... I make my living from Impact! ... if I ruin the reputation of my company I have no cash to pay the mortgage and keep the heat on.

Tom Anders - Owner, Impact! Miniatures
michaelcurtis
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by michaelcurtis »

Halfway there and we haven't even spent any Luck or invoked our patrons! Looking good, Tom!
Scrivener of strange tales, part-time madman, and odd word aficionado.
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

michaelcurtis wrote:Halfway there and we haven't even spent any Luck or invoked our patrons! Looking good, Tom!
So far so good. Happy with the 1st day results. But the first 2 days are always the honeymoon period. Day 4 (ie Monday) is the real benchmark for how it is going. If you are still getting good results on day 4 ... you have some pretty good hope.

Hopefully by that point we'll be funded if so ... then we should be in good shape. Once a KickStarter funds, you get a lot of backers who are willing to join in since they now know the product should become a reality.

I rolled up a Level 0 character for this KickStarter and have 10 points of Luck to use so hopefully I'll make it to the end of the 34 days still alive without having used it all. :D
AJClark
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by AJClark »

For what it's worth I'm another previous supporter of a Impact! Kickstarter.

Impact! delivered everything they said and the dice were great. I'll be backing this one too as I have no doubts they will come through.
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

We have funded so the dice will be made!

Stretch Goal #1 announced to add white dice sets at $18,500. Thank you to everyone who has helped us reach this point.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

Awesome 8)
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

White dice sets are now available.

At $20k we are giving out extra free dice to several of the reward levels ... the higher the reward level ... the more free dice we are giving out.

At $21k, we will unlock purple dice sets
thogard
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by thogard »

Question on the dice sets: If, say, I used 6 picks to get the 7 die DCC set, would I have to get all those dice in the same color? In other words, can I get that set in mixed colors, or would I have to spend picks individually to get the dice in different colors?
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

At this time I do not have a mixed color set. My experience with those is that people that normally want mixed color want to pick specific colors for each certain die so it is best to allow them to do so.
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Purple dice sets compatible with DCC are now available in the KickStarter and we are very close to unlocking free dice to many of the reward levels.

While this is not a compatible with DCC set it shows what the dice look like that we just unlocked.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

I will be jumping in on this -- but still haven't yet! :?

I suppose there's no chance that an extra pick would at some point be added to the Wanderer level, eh? I have no problem paying for an extra pick on the Wanderer level, but'd feel stupid if then an extra pick was added... :wink:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

GnomeBoy wrote:I will be jumping in on this -- but still haven't yet! :?

I suppose there's no chance that an extra pick would at some point be added to the Wanderer level, eh? I have no problem paying for an extra pick on the Wanderer level, but'd feel stupid if then an extra pick was added... :wink:
I have no plans on adding any extra picks to Wanderer.

I can actually explain that. KickStarter gets 10% of any pledge. With postage in the price of the pledge that means that that at low levels you are not actually getting a big chunk of the pledge level to help produce the new product you are KickStarting. Instead what you end up right off the top is Postage and the 10% KickStarter. These adds up to almost 34% of the Wanderer level going to fees and delivery of the product (which is a big cut).

So the freebies start at Explorer in order to encourage the Wanderers to move to that level (or buddy up with a friend or two) to get to that level. At Explorer only 23% of the pledge goes to fees and delivery so it is a big deal for me if I can get that extra 11% to use towards producing new product by encouraging pledges to go up a reward level.

That is also why more extra dice are added to each reward level above Explorer than the 1 for Explorer ... really want to encourage existing backers to upgrade as with each upgrade I actually get to use more of their pledge for product creation.

That is why I do not announce stretch goals too far out because if all my pledges were at the $100 level where only 15% goes to fees and delivery ... the extra would make a big deal of what I can do with the money pledge.

To give it in pure numbers:
If I have I 22 Collector pledges at $100 ... I have $1864.50 to use for ordering the new product being designed by the KickStarter
If I have 100 Wanderers at $22 ... I have $1455.00 to use for ordering the new product (22% less cash to use).

Hope that makes sense. After running 14 successful KickStarters we are slowly learning from each one so that hopefully each one can be designed to maximize the benefits we can offer the backers for their rewards.

Tom @ Impact!
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Thanks for the explanation.

For me, right now, it's all about dollars -- and since I technically don't need any more dice, but would like another set of 'funky' dice, I'm simply spending as little as possible.

But now I know 'zactly what I'm going to pledge...!

Thanks again.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

DM Cojo
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by DM Cojo »

impactminiatures wrote:Purple dice sets compatible with DCC are now available in the KickStarter and we are very close to unlocking free dice to many of the reward levels.

While this is not a compatible with DCC set it shows what the dice look like that we just unlocked.
Love the purple dice...glad they got unlocked!
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

DM Cojo wrote:Love the purple dice...glad they got unlocked!
Certainly looks like orange and yellow won't be a problem... 8)

impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Just unlocked Orange dice sets for our compatible with Dungeon Crawl Classics Role Playing Game for our KickStarter. One week left to get in for the free dice being offered with most levels.

http://kck.st/K7dNkb

impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

FINAL 48 HOURS!

We just unlocked a stretch goal which added free dice to most of the reward levels for the KickStarter.

We also unlocked yellow as a color for the compatible with DCC dice sets.

We are working to get to the next stretch goal which would allow us to add transparent (gem) blue dice sets to the KickStarter. (assuming it stays in 1st place in the poll for what color to unlock).

https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/67 ... classics-d
impactminiatures
Far-Sighted Wanderer

FINAL DAY!

And more importantly we unlocked Translucent (Gem) Blue compatible with DCC dice sets as an option for the KickStarter.

Image*

We are very close to our 3rd stretch goal adding free dice to some of the reward levels.

Tom

*-image of gem blue dice courtesy of Chessex who agreed to allow us to color match our dice to match up with theirs.
Machpants
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Machpants »

Aaaand success! Cool I think I will take a blue gem full set and 2 DCC extras that I can add to Chessex sets, colours TBC. Can't wait and well done impact miniatures :D
LAST OF THE F3W
Gloria Finis
Squeatus
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Squeatus »

Any opportunities for late backers?

I missed this kickstarter by abouuuut one week. :/

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”