The Black Goat

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

The Black Goat

Post by Raven_Crowking »

The Black Goat is now available on RPG Now.

Not all mountain passes are lonely.

Come meet the Mahmat Troth and the One they adore. Only in the high pass will you discover what the Black Goat truly is.

The Campaign Elements series is designed to help judges create persistent campaign worlds, as well as deal with patron quests, divine requests, and the sudden need to “Quest For It”. Whether it is because you are short on players one evening, or the wizard needs to locate a new spell, the Campaign Elements series has you covered.

Each of these areas is short enough to be played through by most groups in only a single session. That doesn't mean that the value of the area is limited to a single session – each adventure includes notes on “squeezing it dry”…effectively getting the maximum re-use from your investment.

A Dungeon Crawl Classics campaign element for use with characters of all levels.

At $2.50, how can you pass this up?
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Skars
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: The Black Goat

Post by Skars »

My group had a great time with the Black Goat. Recently, using the Waystation Adventure Location, a party member was able to wield an ancient dwarven warhammer but was given a quest enshrouded in cryptic language. She needed answers and another party member was sent off looking for a particular species of butterfly to trade to a wily artisan in town for a mystical dagger. My party needed answers and they were definitely headed out of town to find some...that's where the Black goat and her mountain pass fit in perfectly. The two cultures of creatures presented turned out to provide a wealth of roleplaying experience - hah my party was so frightened in the pass that they would offend someone, that there was almost a reverence or silence in their response. I won't spoil the entire resource for you, but needless to say it offers a ton of plot hooks and roleplaying opportunities. Get out and grab this one judges!

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”