How Different are the 3pp Barbarian classes?

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Nyarlathotep5150
Far-Sighted Wanderer

How Different are the 3pp Barbarian classes?

Post by Nyarlathotep5150 »

Hi all. I have a question about the different 3pp barbarian classes. Basically, my question is, are they significantly different enough to be worth having multiple versions. I ask because I am looking at picking up D.A.M.N. #1, but the barbarian is the thing I am mostly interested in from it (I have a backlog of adventures right now so I don't need those yet). I already have Tales From the Fallen Empire however. So, is it worth picking up D.A.M.N. as well or not?
Zargon
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: How Different are the 3pp Barbarian classes?

Post by Zargon »

As the writer for that class, it would not be assuming to expect a conflict of impartiality, however I remain quite proud of the work I did, and as far as Barbarians in DCC, it is my belief that the D.A.M.N. edition sets the bench mark from which all further barbarian classes shall be measured. :)
Fables of the Borderlands - #1 DCC campaign on Obsidian Portal!
redherringj
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by redherringj »

I'd have to agree with the above. I recently added the barbarian as an accepted class to the game and I read over DAMN, Crawl's Orc Class (barbarian-y), and the one from Fallen Empire or whatever it is called, and DAMN's is so streamlined and easy to understand that it's really no contest.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

I just wish the editors and owner had selected a different name for the magazine. I can't in good conscience allow a magazine with that name to be in my home. :(

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”