2012: Transylvanian Adventures & The Transylvanian Grimoire

DCC has inspired many folks to produce their own supplements and adventures for the game. This is the place for discussion of all 3PP products for DCC RPG.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: 2012: Transylvanian Adventures & The Transylvanian Grimo

Post by DCCfan »

I'll look for you at the booth then. I would enjoy playing a game if I have enough free time.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
Hoplitenomad
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hoplitenomad »

Would you mind posting it here when the download is up?

HN
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Hoplitenomad wrote:Would you mind posting it here when the download is up?

HN
Yup. Sure will.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

And... a new update is on the blog.

Head over to landofphantoms.blogspot.com.

Good news = Quickstart done.

WTF news = I'm still figuring out how to get it to you.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Place it somewhere in pdf, and have a download link. Simple as pie.

Hmmmmm.....pie.......
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Raven_Crowking wrote:Place it somewhere in pdf, and have a download link. Simple as pie.

Hmmmmm.....pie.......
Great idea. But that goes against the "exclusive" agreement with RPGNow. This is something I'll surely figure out soon enough.

Worst case, I collect email addresses and issue coupons. :wink:

Oh, the blog got a face lift. All quotes are true. But some names have been withheld to protect the innocent...
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

smathis wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:Place it somewhere in pdf, and have a download link. Simple as pie.

Hmmmmm.....pie.......
Great idea. But that goes against the "exclusive" agreement with RPGNow. This is something I'll surely figure out soon enough.

Worst case, I collect email addresses and issue coupons. :wink:

Oh, the blog got a face lift. All quotes are true. But some names have been withheld to protect the innocent...
Well, I rolled a '20' on my Prognostication roll!

More info will be up on the blog (landofphantoms.blogspot.com) at midnight EST. But pretty much, that's how I'm going to have to roll.
Spoofer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Spoofer »

I am really looking forward to this. I love the theme, the villians, and above all else, the really cool character classes. I appreciate that there are bumps along the way, and will be happy to jump through a few hoops to get the final product. Having said that...
smathis wrote:WTF news = I'm still figuring out how to get it to you.
If I understand correctly, you are in a business relationship with the person who made the business decision that created this little bump in the road. Given that relationship, don't you think that your language is a bit strong? If I was the one that had made that policy, and if I read "WTF" on your blog and in these forums, then I would be sad, to say the least.

It seems that the end of a long road is in sight. Now, more than ever, is the time to keep a positive, professional attitude. So to that end, here are some smiles..

:D :D :D :D :D
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Spoofer wrote:I am really looking forward to this. I love the theme, the villians, and above all else, the really cool character classes. I appreciate that there are bumps along the way, and will be happy to jump through a few hoops to get the final product. Having said that...
smathis wrote:WTF news = I'm still figuring out how to get it to you.
If I understand correctly, you are in a business relationship with the person who made the business decision that created this little bump in the road. Given that relationship, don't you think that your language is a bit strong? If I was the one that had made that policy, and if I read "WTF" on your blog and in these forums, then I would be sad, to say the least.

It seems that the end of a long road is in sight. Now, more than ever, is the time to keep a positive, professional attitude. So to that end, here are some smiles..

:D :D :D :D :D
My bad on the language. No business relationship with any person beyond myself. It's a self-publishing venture so I'm not under any obligation to any other party. I've spoken with a number of self-publishers, authors and even legit publishers and they've thumbsed up the gameplan thus far. I had good reasons for choosing RPGNow. Trying to stick to that but will reassess if things don't seem to be going well with them.

The speedbump was more because I had underestimated how quickly/slowly the approval process at RPGNow might be. It would not have mattered either way because time constraints had us going up to Thursday on layout and stuff.

Sorry if the language appeared negative or unprofessional. It was more self-deprecating than anything. Things are fine. Once this inches past RPGNow it should be fine. It just won't happen by tomorrow. Which is what I was hoping.

..and thanks for the smilies. :wink:
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

PM sent.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
grald_the_hunter
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by grald_the_hunter »

PM also sent.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Hello everyone:
Daniel (rck) posted a comment over on the blog and I want to double-post my response to avoid confusion.
Hi Daniel:
I've gotten all the requests, including yours. I've compiled them all into a list. The coupons for the free adventure won't be sent until after RPGNow activates the product. As soon as it's available, I'll be sending those links out.

Right now, there is nowhere to send anyone to.

Sorry for the wait and inconvenience. Hopefully, RPGNow will activate the product soon.
First, thanks to everyone for the response and interest in TATG. This has been great. Second, I have all those who have signed up for a free copy of the TATG Intro Adventure. As soon as RPGNow does its approval magic, I'll get the free coupons to you.

Thanks for your patience. You'll hear from me as soon as I can send you to a link from which you can download.

Scott
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Another big thanks to all those who've signed up for a Free Download of the TATG Intro Adventure when it becomes available. There's still some time left to PM/email me.

I still haven't heard back from OneBookShelf -- either the Product Approval or the Support Ticket I opened. Not sure what's going on there but I'm willing to give them another day or two to figure it out.

I hope everyone had a great Free RPG Day and Father's Day. Patrons of the Internet willing, the Intro Adventure will be available soon.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

I received word (from someone who bought the Intro) that it is now available. I didn't get an email notification from OBS so I'll be in touch with them about that.

I'll get the coupons to all those who've contacted me for Free RPG Day tonight when I get home.

Thanks for your patience. The wait is almost over...
ragboy
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by ragboy »

AKA Paul Wolfe
The Mystic Bull: Check out our two FREE prehistoric adventures: The Steading of the Nergalites AND The Tribe of Ogg and the Gift of Suss
In the Prison of the Squid Sorcerer (PDF) and softcover: 12 Short Adventures for DCC!
The God-Seed Awakens: 3rd Level Adventure for DCC. New patron, new spells, lots of new monsters and the living weapons of the Empire of Thal!
My Gamer Profile
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

ragboy wrote:It's definitely available...

http://www.rpgnow.com/product/115605/Tr ... _44544_0_0
Yup. Working on Free RPG Day downloads now. Then sending out to artists, playtesters, editors and the DCC crew.

Busy afternoon.

:D
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

It is up. Free copies are sent. Blogpost coming sometime tonight.

Thanks everyone for your patience.

Scott
Spoofer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Spoofer »

Unfortunately, I get the following message:

"The requested source file could not be found. Please contact us and let us know about this error."

:cry: :cry: :cry:

I sent an email requesting help.

Did it work for other people?

K.
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Spoofer wrote:Unfortunately, I get the following message:

"The requested source file could not be found. Please contact us and let us know about this error."

K.
It's worked. I'll check and see what's up. Do you get that message when you click the link in the email or when you try to download from RPGNow?
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Spoofer wrote:Unfortunately, I get the following message:

K.
It's working now. For some reason, if I change the description that appears on the product page, I have to click two buttons. One at the bottom of the page that says "Update" and one buried in the middle of the page that says "Submit Changes".

This one appears to be on me. Sorry.

Fixed now for sure.

Thanks again for the undying patience.

Scott
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

smathis wrote:It is up. Free copies are sent. Blogpost coming sometime tonight.

Scott
FYI, I did not receive one, although I did send a request.
SoBH pbp:

smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by smathis »

Raven_Crowking wrote:

Scott
That's very odd. I need to make sure I have the correct email for you. I'll PM asap.

Edit: PM'd.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

smathis wrote:
Raven_Crowking wrote:

Scott
That's very odd. I need to make sure I have the correct email for you. I'll PM asap.

Edit: PM'd.
This seems to be one of three things sent through RPGNow to me that never arrived in the last 48 hours. Weird.

:?
SoBH pbp:

Hoplitenomad
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Hoplitenomad »

I had the same problem yesterday, but as I was writing customer support I tried it one more time and it went through fine.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Hoplitenomad wrote:I had the same problem yesterday, but as I was writing customer support I tried it one more time and it went through fine.
AFAICT, and this includes checking the spam filter, RPGNow never actually sent the emails in my case. Or, they disappeared into the InterWeb. NSA? :shock:
SoBH pbp:

Return to “DCC RPG Third Party Publishers”