PBP on rpol

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Forum for posting of actual play of DCC RPG. Not necessarily rules questions/discussion, but the saga of your adventures and campaigns, details of adventures that played particularly well (or not), and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

ogbendog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

PBP on rpol

Post by ogbendog »

I started a play by post on www.rpol.net called DCC - Dungeon Crawl Classics playtest.

If anyone wants to come and lurk, feel free. I have 7 players at the moment, so I'm a bit full, but after the first slaughter if things go well I might start a 2nd group
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: PBP on rpol

Post by Harley Stroh »

Very cool. Lurk mode, on!

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse
FLGS: Tabletop Games and 31st Century Games

Post by JonHook »

I love playing games over at Role Play Online. I have such a rare opportunity to game with folks in-person, so I feed the need to game over at RPoL, www.rpol.net.

I am now lurking at the game. It looks like it has really only just begun. But, with each player running three characters, it looks like it could also get very convoluted and confusing.

I would suggest only running a game with each player in control of only one character.

If you start a new DCC game, please let me know. I'd love to play. You may contact me here on this forum or send a message to me at RPoL. My user name there is also "JonHook".
ogbendog
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by ogbendog »

there are 7 players in the game, but 3 have never posted after joining. So I doublt I'll have a pack of 24 0-level characters.

thre are only 15 characters rolled up, and that includes my 3
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

Still, even if you only went with the 12 characters run by the actual players, in my eyes that is still a ton of virtual bodies to keep track of.

I love the idea of not catering your dice rolls when creating a character, but maybe if each player created 3 characters, and then only ran 1 of the 3. I can see the issue where if a character dies deep in a dungeon, how to justify bringing in a new character. And for that, I'm sure other creative options could be created.

I'm following the game, and I even checked out that blog one of your players posted about that has three Pathfinder spells converted into a DCC format. Can't wait to see the action begin.
meinvt
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by meinvt »

JonHook, have you read the DCC Beta materials? It is strongly recommended to start with 3 characters or so each. Referenced in both the rules The Funnel and the quick start guide which recommends a group size of about 15 for level 0 characters. I did 4 each at my table last Saturday and it worked fine.
Kroork
Gongfarmer

Post by Kroork »

I'm playing in OG's game on rpol. It looks like the players who have posted so far are enthusiastic and good writers. Looking forward to it.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

meinvt wrote:JonHook, have you read the DCC Beta materials? It is strongly recommended to start with 3 characters or so each. Referenced in both the rules The Funnel and the quick start guide which recommends a group size of about 15 for level 0 characters. I did 4 each at my table last Saturday and it worked fine.
I did, but I know for my own gaming that I'd be using the generated characters as a pool to choose from one at a time... not to use simultaneously.
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

4 or 5 0-level characters aren't going to last long if funnel modules expect there to be 16+ 0-level characters at the beginning.
JonHook
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by JonHook »

jmucchiello wrote:4 or 5 0-level characters aren't going to last long if funnel modules expect there to be 16+ 0-level characters at the beginning.
I suppose. I guess I'm not sold on the meat-grinder of the funnel module yet.

Return to “Actual Play Reports”