Design

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Any feedback that doesn't fit into the categories above.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Mimdalf
Gongfarmer

Design

Post by Mimdalf »

The artwork the design all seems to give a nod to 1970's Fantasy. I had just finished listening to Three Hearts and Three Lions from Audible. I am feeling very passionate about the DCC. They elves seem to be more of the "Pharisees" type than the "Tolkien" type thats awesome! I enjoy the 0 level aspect, but it i'm thinking it might loose its charm for some players on the third or forth campaign restart. It's not my point to promote any certain company, but it would be really nice to put together a list of the appendix N books available on Audible. I have a very busy life and it's so nice to be able to revisit these books that way. Also will we be able to get the final DCC rules in PDF or even with a Kindle edition?
smathis
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Design

Post by smathis »

Mimdalf wrote:It's not my point to promote any certain company, but it would be really nice to put together a list of the appendix N books available on Audible. I have a very busy life and it's so nice to be able to revisit these books that way. Also will we be able to get the final DCC rules in PDF or even with a Kindle edition?
That sounds like a great thread for the DCC forum!
jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

There are probably too many charts to reflow to fit on a kindle or a nook.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Glad you're enjoying it!

DCC RPG will definitely be available in PDF.

Kindle: maybe. I'm investigating. But all the indicators so far are "tables and graphic-intensive layouts don't display well on a Kindle"...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
CEBrown
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by CEBrown »

goodmangames wrote:
Kindle: maybe. I'm investigating. But all the indicators so far are "tables and graphic-intensive layouts don't display well on a Kindle"...
They CAN, but it appears most companies don't find it worth the effort and just insert [graphic omitted] notations... :(

It also handles PDFs moderately well, but with some sizing/pagination problems that are very irritating. I hear it's better at this than any but the latest Nook of the dedicated e-readers...

Return to “Playtest Feedback: Other”