Formatting issue

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Any feedback that doesn't fit into the categories above.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

CEBrown
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Formatting issue

Post by CEBrown »

In general, I love the look (ONLY negative in this regard are the maps in the "Starter Bundle" - they're just a bit TOO cluttered-looking for my tastes - though they still "feel" better than the slick, over-processed ones in most WOTC (et. al.) products) of this but ... the elf entry suddenly shifts from the 2-column format for everything else in the book to that point, down to a single column one - is this intentional?
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Re: Formatting issue

Post by finarvyn »

CEBrown wrote:the maps in the "Starter Bundle" - they're just a bit TOO cluttered-looking for my tastes - though they still "feel" better than the slick, over-processed ones in most WOTC (et. al.) products
I love the maps. The only problem I see with them is that they're designed to be "GM only" so the players don't get to enjoy them, too. (Well, I suppose once the adventure is done they can see the maps.)
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

CEBrown wrote: ... the elf entry suddenly shifts from the 2-column format for everything else in the book to that point, down to a single column one - is this intentional?
I have a thing for layout and formatting, so I wanted to see what this comment was all about -- but I have no idea what it is referring to...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Eldric IV
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Eldric IV »

GnomeBoy wrote:I have a thing for layout and formatting, so I wanted to see what this comment was all about -- but I have no idea what it is referring to...
The Elf entry in the Beta Rules. The other entries are all formatted in double columns but the first page of the Elf entry is a single column.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Eldric IV wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:I have a thing for layout and formatting, so I wanted to see what this comment was all about -- but I have no idea what it is referring to...
The Elf entry in the Beta Rules. The other entries are all formatted in double columns but the first page of the Elf entry is a single column.
He means pages 42-44 in the Beta rules. I'd say this was an "oops".
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
CEBrown
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by CEBrown »

Eldric IV wrote:
Actually BOTH pages, but it's not as obvious since there's like four lines of text on the second one above the big tables - but yea, that's exactly what I meant.
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

Ah. I was thrown off by the term "Starter" and had looked again at the Adventure Starter and couldn't find anything single-columnificated about elves... 8)

Ya gotta make Elves "special" somehow, eh? :mrgreen:
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

jmucchiello
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by jmucchiello »

GnomeBoy wrote:Ya gotta make Elves "special" somehow, eh? :mrgreen:
How about basted in a special sauce?
GnomeBoy

Post by GnomeBoy »

jmucchiello wrote:
GnomeBoy wrote:Ya gotta make Elves "special" somehow, eh? :mrgreen:
How about basted in a special sauce?
An orange and brandy glaze is especially nice. Fava bean go very well, also.

Return to “Playtest Feedback: Other”