Here's my second patron.
the Emerald Snake, the Coiled One, the Endless Beast.
Sseleen'Jeril is a snake demon that originated from a dimension that was made like an endless tropical forest growing on the inside surface of a huge sphere. The rich air of that dimension made most of the natives grow to mind-boggling dimensions; Sseleen'Jeril often roamed the jungles in the mortal world, where primitive cultures adored him like a God, calling him a number of names. Deceitful and selfish, this demon exploited his mortal slaves with an evil pleasure. To these days, the cult of Sseleen'Jeril survived, but it's mostly viewed as sorcery and demon adoration than as a proper cult.
Invoke Patron Results:
12-13. Sseleen'Jeril intervenes, summoning 1d6 Vipers that sprout from the open mouth of the Caster. These Vipers have 1 HP, CA 11, att +1, Bite 1d2+poison, Act 1d20, Move 20', and last in this mortal world for 2d6 rounds. The poisonous bites cause -1 STR unless the victim succeeds at a Fort Save vs. Spellcheck.
14-17. The arms of the caster become big poisonous snakes, allowing him to attack enemies which are within 3m; each attack deals 1d5+CL damage, and the bites are poisonous (as above). It's impossible to hold or use anything during this transformation that lasts 1d6+CL rounds.
18-19. The Emerald Snake summons forth some of the primordial energies of his native dimension. Any vegetation within a 20' radius from a specific spot designed by the caster grows abnormally, entangling each creature that fails a Reflex Save. An entangled creature cannot move and suffers a -4 penalty to AC , Reflex Saves and attacks. Entangled creatures cannot break free until the end of the spell, that lasts for 1d6 rounds.
20-23. The caster's skin becomes soft and gum-like, covered in greenish scales. Any damage the wizard suffers is reduced by 3, unless it is dealt by slashing or fire. This effect lasts for 1d6+CL rounds.
24-27. As above, but the skin is vulnerable only to fire, and the caster regenerates 1 HP per round.
28-29. The wizard polymorphs 1d3 creatures humanoid within 30' in small snakes, unless they pass a Will Save vs (Spellcheck-10). These creatures keep their own HPs and Saves, but their stats are the same as for the vipers of result 12-13. This effect lasts for 1d6 minutes, when the creatures are allowed a second Will Save vs (Spellcheck-10); in case of failure the polymorph lasts until next night of full moon. When these creatures revert to normal form, they suffer a patron taint.
30-31. Sseleen'Jeril itself makes a brief appearance in the mortal world. He is a colossal coiled serpent that moves looming in the sky, his scales bright green, made of emeralds, on his head a spined collar similar to that of a cobra: his presence lasts only for 1 round. He's so huge that he can be seen from miles away but it's often confused for something else. Any enemy of the caster who sees (clearly) this brief but terrible vision has to pass a Will Save vs (Spellcheck-10): success means paralysis for 1d6+CL rounds, failure means falling unconscious. Creatures of less than 6HD are outright killed if they fail the Will save. If this result is rolled when undergound or inside a building, treat it as 28-29.
32+. The caster is transformed in a huge avatar of Seleen'Jeril, 12m long, 1 m thick. He gains +3d8 HD, a Bite attack at +3 Base Attack Bonus, for 1d10 damage (roll twice, keep highest result) and a Tail Whip attack at +3 BAB, for 2d8 damage. The bite is poisonous and anyone bitten who fails a Fortitude Save vs (Spellcheck-10) dies in horrible pain in 1d3 rounds.
In addition, the caster gains the effect as per result 24-27.
This transformation lasts for 2d4+CL rounds.
level 1, Snake Eyes
12-13. The Caster's eyes shine like emeralds and he gains infravision for 2d6 rounds.
14-17. Any one touched creature's eyes become like emeralds and it gains infravision for 1d6 minutes.
18-19. As above, but up to 1d4 creatures for 1d10+CL minutes.
20-23. As above, but up to 1d4+CL creatures for 3d10+CL minutes.
24-27. As above. In addition, the caster (only the caster) can hypnotize any creature of which he meets the eyes: if that creature fails a Will Save vs (Spellcheck-10) it is paralyzed for as long as the Caster maintains eye contact, but not more than 1d4 rounds anyway.
28-29. As above, but the caster doesn't have to maintain eye contact to mantain the paralysis, that lasts now 1d6+CL rounds.
30-31. As above, but the infravision effect lasts for 1d6 hours for every creature.
32+. As above, but any creature paralyzed by the gaze is also automatically poisoned, losing 2 STR.
Level 2, Summon Serpentine Warriors:
14-15. Summons one Serpentine Warrior, a humanoid snake which moves on a muscular tail instead of legs and wields a vicious axe. The Serpentine Warrior has 2d8 HP, CA 13, att +3, Battleaxe 1d8+1(roll twice, keep highest result), Act 1d20, Mv 20'. The Serpentine warriors lasts for 1d6+CL rounds.
16-19. As above, but summons 2 Serpentine Warriors.
20-21. As above, but summons 1d3+1 Serpentine Warriors.
22-25. As above but the Serpentine Warriors are stronger. They have 3d8 HP, CA 15, att +4, Battleaxe 1d8+1(roll twice, keep highest result), Act 1d20, Mv 20'.
26-29. As above but the Serpentine Warriors' thick skin absorbs some damage. Any damage dealt to Serpentine Warriors is reduced by 3 points unless it is slashing or fire damage.
30-31. As above, but Serpentine Warriors score Critical Hits on 19-20, rolling 1d12 on Table III, and they last for 2d8+CL rounds.
32-33. As above, but Serpentine Warriors are stronger: 4d8 HP, CA 17, att +6, Battleaxe 1d8+2(roll twice, keep highest result), Act 1d20, Mv 20'.
34+. As above, but Serpentine Warriors have Act 2d20.
Level 3, Venomous Skin:
16-17. The caster's skin becomes slightly green, and toxic. The first creature he touches in the next 1d4+CL rounds has to pass a Fortitude Save vs Spellcheck to avoid being poisoned (-2 STR and -1d6 max HP)
18-21. As above, but the venom works not only on the first creature the caster touches, but on every creature he touches before the duration is spent.
22-23. As above, but venom is (-3 STR and -1d8 max HP)
24-27. As above, but any object the caster touches with his bare hands is poisoned. The first creature touching it with his bare hands is poisoned ; Fortitude Save vs (SpellCheck-10) to avoid.
28-31. As above, but any creature that damages the caster in meelee combat risks being poisoned.
32-33. As above, but the caster can spit the poison up to 6 m. If he hits with a ranged attack with a +2 bonus, the target is poisoned (unless he passes the Fortitude Save)
34-35. As above, but duration is 1d4+CL minutes.
36+. As above, but venom is (-4 STR and -2d8 max HP)
1. The caster's skin is covered in thin serpent scales, which can be noticed only up close; if this result is rolled a second time, the caster's scales assume a strange green hue. If this result is rolled a third time, the skin of the caster becomes like that of a reptile (+1 AC), completely covered in bright green scales with geometrical patterns of brown, blue, yellow or black on his back; moreover, the caster loses his hair.
2. The caster's eyes become like those of a snake (yellow, with narrow vertical pupils) everytime he casts a spell. If this result is rolled again, the transformation lasts for 1 hour after every spell cast. If this result is rolled a third time, the eyes become permanently "snake-like", and the caster gains infravision.
3. The wizard starts hissing and clicking his tongue like a snake, instead of speaking, upon casting any spell; his tongue bifurcates; these conditions last for 1d6 rounds. If this result is rolled a second time, the tongue of the wizard remains bifurcated (preventing him from speaking in any intelligible manner, but not from casting spells) for 1 hour after any spell he casts. If the wizard receives this taint a third time, he develops a retractable collar like that of a cobra and a snake tongue; showing his collar upon casting a spell grants him +2 to the DC of Will Saves made to resist his spells; unlike before, he can speak (even though he hisses on sibilant consonants): any attempt of using verbal diplomacy suffers a -2 Penalty. These changes are permanent.
4. The wizard becomes slowly cold-blooded; his skin is cold if it's not heated by the sun and he moves slower at night or underground: in such conditions his natural Speed is reduced by 10'. If this taint is aquired twice, the wizard blood gets even colder: at night and underground he also suffers a -1 STR and -1 AGI. If this result is rolled three times, the wizard is highly inefficient if the sun is not warming him up: the STR and AGI penalty become -2. However, his slower metabolism make it so that he needs to eat only once every week; he is not limited to eating once every week, though.
5. The wizard's expressions are difficult to read, his feelings and intention are difficult to get through to other people: he suffers -1 Personality. If this result is rolled again, this penalty aggravates to -2, but the wizard's Will Saves against effects of Fear or Charme are increased by +2, as people find it difficult to manipulate his mind. Upon receiving this taint a third time, the penalty aggravates to -3, but he gains +3 on his will saves against Fear or Charme.
6. The wizard grows a snake-like tail, which cannot hold any items or be used in any way other than slightly balancing his stride. If this result is rolled again, the tail becomes thicker and stronger, more difficult to hide; it can be used to make an extra whip attack for 1d4 damage, if it's not restrained in clothes like tight gowns, cloaks or trousers. If this result is rolled again, the wizard sheds his legs as his tail becomes so thick, long and strong that it can support his whole weight. The wizard's speed doesn't change, but he gains a Climb speed of 20' when climbing trees, poles or other cilindrical structures. He can attempt to hide his deformation with long gowns or a large tunic, but he has to move carefully to simulate a normal pace: his movement speed is reduced by 10' in these conditions.
_________________Author of Arcanix RPG - fantasy medieval d6 system
learn more : http://arcanixrpg.webs.com
Last edited by abk108 on Mon Jul 11, 2011 3:51 pm, edited 2 times in total.