Healing Critical Hits

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Forum for open playtest feedback related to combat rules, crits, fumbles, Mighty Deeds of Arms, etc.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

granger44
Gongfarmer

Healing Critical Hits

Post by granger44 »

The following excerpt from the Healing section is very confusing:
"Critical hits heal when the associated damage heals. For example, imagine that a character takes a -10' penalty to speed due to a kneecap strike that also inflicted 4 extra points of damage. The wounded knee-cap heals when the character has recovered 4 points of damage. Note that critical hits heal when the character recovers all lost hit points. If the same character had taken 7 points of damage in total, of which 4 points came from a kneecap strike, he would recover his normal movement rate when he recovered all 7 hit points."

I'm especially confused about when you the critical effect is gone.
kataskicana
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Healing Critical Hits

Post by kataskicana »

Yeah I think an extra sentence was left in there... you would be healed when the whole wound was healed and the whole wound was 7. 4 from the crit and 3 from the attack that crit'd.

So you'd need to make a note by the crit when you wrote down the -10' speed.
numenetics
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by numenetics »

My read on that was that you heal the crit effect next time you are at full HP.
granger44
Gongfarmer

Post by granger44 »

kataskicana wrote:Yeah I think an extra sentence was left in there... you would be healed when the whole wound was healed and the whole wound was 7. 4 from the crit and 3 from the attack that crit'd.

So you'd need to make a note by the crit when you wrote down the -10' speed.
This was my interpretation as well, but...
numenetics wrote:My read on that was that you heal the crit effect next time you are at full HP.
this interpretation also occurred to me. In that case, the example could be 4 extra damage and X regular damage on the critical hit as well as 3 - x damage from 1 or more other hits for a total of 7 damage (and the 7 damage need not even have occurred in the same combat). Another slight variant of this interpretation might be that you have to heal all the damage from the combat in which the critical hit occurred.

Return to “Playtest Feedback: Combat”