Damage and Death - Body Recovery - Clarification

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Forum for open playtest feedback related to combat rules, crits, fumbles, Mighty Deeds of Arms, etc.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

QuentinTheTroll
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Damage and Death - Body Recovery - Clarification

Post by QuentinTheTroll »

Going through this guide, highly anticipating the publication, loving what I see here. I just need clarification on "Body Recovery" esp. as it relates to 0-level "Funnelling."

The rules state that "0-level character that reaches 0 hit points is irrevocably killed" but then shortly thereafter goes into rules for "Body Recovery" where luck may impact whether or not the player was truly killed (if recovered within an hour.)

Does the rule for Body Recovery only apply to characters of 1st level or higher?

That's how I read it, but it certainly isn't clear. I would think that "A dead zero is a dead zero," no matter what, and that would make sense, especially w/ the importance of funnelling. However, as it reads, I would expect some of my players to expect a chance of recovery, even at 0.

So which is it?

Kudos to what is really very clearly a brilliantly designed, devised, and packaged game.
mshensley
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re: Damage and Death - Body Recovery - Clarification

Post by mshensley »

good question
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Dang, this question came up last week in the proofreading and I could swear I fixed that in the text but it clearly didn't come through. When a 0-level character dies, they're DEAD. The body recovery applies only to level 1 and above.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
QuentinTheTroll
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by QuentinTheTroll »

Yay! I love dead zeroes!
moes1980
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by moes1980 »

Going along with this, dose a recovered body that ends up not being dead still get a permanant -1 stamina and gruling scar? as if they had been healed before "dying"?
meinvt
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by meinvt »

moes1980 wrote:Going along with this, dose a recovered body that ends up not being dead still get a permanant -1 stamina and gruling scar? as if they had been healed before "dying"?
According to the rules they get a random -1 to Strength, Agility or Stamina. I'd hope that isn't on top of another -1 to Stamina! It already hurts as is.

Return to “Playtest Feedback: Combat”