[Suggestion] Halflings as luck "charm"

FORUM LOCKED AS OF 4/3/12. Forum for open playtest feedback related to character creation, class rules, skills, etc.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Stainless
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

[Suggestion] Halflings as luck "charm"

Post by Stainless »

This may have been suggested/discussed elsewhere but I'm afraid I can't find it with search. It's not a very major point, but I thought I'd share it.

I've just read the section on halflings being good luck charms and that only one halfling can have this function and that it must remain as this specific halfling. I can see a slight min-max window of opportunity here. Most likely, in a party with multiple halflings, the players will nominate pre-adventure the character with the highest luck or the best chance of long term survival to be the charm.

As an alternative/interpretation or as an explicit rule, I would suggest that the specific "lucky charm" halfling can not be nominated until the first time this "charm" ability is called upon. This will better serve randomness as it may turn out that the party is split and it is the group with the halfling with the lowest luck that has to call upon the "charm" ability first.
Avatar by Stefan Poag (I now own the original!)
kataskicana
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: [Suggestion] Halflings as luck "charm"

Post by kataskicana »

I don't think it is supposed to change between adventures. Long term tho.. wouldn't it make sense for the luckiest one to be the one bringing luck to the party?

Return to “Playtest Feedback: Characters”