Unofficial Tournament (Year 7)

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Mouse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Unofficial Tournament (Year 7)

Post by Mouse »

The Year Seven Unofficial Tournament

Hello everyone. :D

This year since there is no official tournament, several of the regular DCC judges and a few veteran tournament players have gotten together and decided to run the “unofficial tournament”.

This year’s tournament will be smaller in scope, than previous years, but we will accommodate as many tables as we can. This next week I will create a site on Warhorn, so you will have time to go on and create accounts. A week or so later, I will open up the slots, and you will be able to sign up for tables. It might be a good idea for one person to create accounts for all his friends that way he can sign everybody up at once.

This year’s tournament will include the following:
· Fourth edition format
· Two rounds (we hope to have 10 round ones, and 5 round twos)
· Tournament style scoring
· Slightly longer slots (5 hours)
· 10% more mayhem and destruction.

Story

The players have been hired to find out what happened at a gnomish research facility in the wasteland. The facility normally checks in at regular intervals, but now has gone strangely silent. Players must hasten to the facility and discover what has happened. :wink:
arksorn
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Unofficial Tournament (Year 7)

Post by arksorn »

Mouse

I cannot speak for my whole team but I am pretty sure we would want to play in this one. We played last year and had a great time. One thing that would really help us is if you could match your slots to the normal RPGA slots. That way we don't have to miss 2 other games to play in one slot. If not, I understand. Best of luck on getting this going!

Tom Christy
Team Don't Make This Wierd
scrotoz
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by scrotoz »

Mouse...

My team would love to enter your "unofficial" tournament as well.

Love that Goodman Games goodness!!

Chris Foley
Team 'We Flunked Flank'
arksorn
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by arksorn »

mouse

Any progress you can share with us on this? I am working on my schedule to purchase tickets tomorrow and want to leave a couple spots open, just don't know what those will be.

One final request. If you can have the finals on Saturday instead of Sunday that would let teams play in both the D&D Championship final and the Goodman final if they are lucky enough to make both.

Thank you,
Tom
Team Don't Make This Weird
Mouse
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Mouse »

Hi everyone :?

I am very sad to tell everyone, that the unnoficial tournament has been cancelled.

We started a bit too late, and there have had far too many difficulties coordinating with the Dungeon Masters, and getting people to volunteer to run slots.

Although I was initailly hopeful that this event would come togethere nicely, It has since fallen apart. How Adrian manages to do it each year is amazing. I would love to look at Adrian's "character sheet" and see how many skill points he has allocated toward "cat herding".

At this tournament we strive to bring the best, and since we won't be able to do that, it is better that I cancel it now.

Again, I am very sorry to dissapoint everyone.

Erica :(
Mike_Ferguson
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by Mike_Ferguson »

Put simply, Adrian is a titan among us mere mortals.

Having worked on the Tournament adventure in previous years, I've caught glimpses of the Herculean efforts it's taken to organize it. Adrian took a nigh-impossible job year after year and not only did it successfully, he made it look easy.

Sorry to hear you guys won't be able to get the unofficial Tournament going this year. GenCon without the DCC Tournament just won't be the same ...

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”