DCC Errata Log

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

DCC Errata Log

Post by goodmangames »

This thread is a place where buyers can get errata for the modules they buy. In general the second and subsequent printings fix known errata (except in dumb situations like the second printing of DCC #14, where somehow some new errata crept in).

This thread isn't the place to post errata -- post the errata in the thread for that module. That will keep all the info for each module in one place. Rather, this post will serve as an index of where to find those errata threads.

DCC #2: Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho: Errata for the second printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2209

DCC #14: Dungeon Interludes: Errata for the second printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2010

DCC #16: Curse of the Emerald Cobra: Errata for the first printing (mixed in with conversation about DCC #32):
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1303

DCC #18: Citadel of the Demon Prince: Errata for the first printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1620

DCC #20: Shadows in Freeport: Errata for the first printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1974

DCC #28: Into the Wilds: Errata for the first printing has been brought up in three threads:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1323
...and...
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1256
...and....
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=7085

DCC #32: Golden Palace of Zahadran: Errata for the first printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1303

DCC #33: Belly of the Great Beast: Errata for the first printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1327

DCC #35A: Halls of the Minotaur
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... =20&t=4836

DCC #36: Talons of the Horned King: Errata for the first printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2560

DCC #51: Castle Whiterock: Errata for the first printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=3599

DCC #54: Forges of the Mountain King: Errata for the first printing:
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=5105

If there are other threads I missed, post them here...
Last edited by goodmangames on Sun Mar 02, 2008 4:12 pm, edited 4 times in total.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
ynnen
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by ynnen »

Thanks for organizing this, Joseph - this is a great, handy reference for all us DMs who want quick access to all the latest (and most current/updated/accurate) information for our modules!
Crypt of the Devil Lich, Dungeon Interludes, The Mask of Death, Adventure Begins, Vault of the Dragon Kings, the Power Gamers Wizard Strategy Guide, The Adventure Continues, Palace in the Wastes and PhoenixCrawl Open
SirKently
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by SirKently »

Link for errata for DCC #33: Belly of the Great Beast;

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=1327
None the Wiser
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by None the Wiser »

I have some minor quibbles I thought I'd try to address here since I haven't seen them brought up on any of the threads listed above.

I've only run three DCCs so far:

DCC #28 Into the Wilds
DCC #36 Talons of the Horned King
DCC #23 The Sunken Ziggurat

Of these three, I found Talons of the Horned King to be the most error-free. Some of my players weren’t too enthused about the Sci-Fi elements, but I was, and I thought this adventure had the smoothest prep time.

Into the Wilds was the first adventure I ever DMed, so I wasn’t sure precisely how critical to be at first, but looking back on it now, there were a few snags that either interrupted gameplay, or caused major headaches while prepping for the adventure:

NtW’s Wildsgate Snag #1: The Lift

Here is the description of the lift in Area 2-6:

Page 33:
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Area 2-6 – Lift: Read or paraphrase the following: The corridor ends in a wooden platform surrounded by a cage of iron. Below, past cracks in the platform, the shaft descends into darkness. A lever and winch occupy the back of the platform.

The lift raises and lowers according to the lever’s position. Down is 100 feet below. Up is the present location. It takes the lift 10 minutes to traverse the distance. The lift is driven by counter weights and cannot be stopped anywhere but the top or bottom of its cycle.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

Which is all well and good until we get to this little tidbit in Area 2-14:

Page 37:

Area 2-14 – Army of the White Lady (EL 2): …[edit] If the PCs tarry in the room for more than 2 hours, a troupe of 5 men-at-arms (with identical stats to those shown below) return from patrol.

So, given that the lever to operate the lift is located in the center of the platform and it can only be activated at the top or at the bottom, how is the wandering men-at-arms troupe supposed to get down to level 2-14 coming back from patrol? I had them repel down the shaft using ropes and slip knots, but wouldn’t it be easier just to have some sort of call-back switch on either end? And wouldn’t it be cool watching the PCs worry about being stranded down at the bottom of the shaft if someone recalled the lift up top? Inquiring minds want to know.

NtW’s Wildsgate Snag #2: The Hall of Declaration

I had a hard time figuring out how to place the flagstones in Area 2-10

Page 34:

Area 2-10 – Hall of Declaration (EL 1): Read or paraphrase the following: A long, narrow hall stretches before you. Two iron doors stand along the right wall. At the far end of the hall, in the back of a narrow alcove, a glowing, golden hammer floats above an anvil of shining silver. The floor of the hall is made up of curious flagstones. Every tenth stone is etched with a rune, six in all. The flagstone directly before you bears several characters in thick, dwarven script.

I think it should read: Every TEN FEET along the center of the corridor a unique FIVE FT. SQUARE flagstone stone has been etched with a rune, six in all.

“every tenth stone” doesn’t tell me anything unless it’s made clear that all the paving stones in the hall are 1’ square.

I ended up placing my flagstones at ten foot intervals down the length of the corridor, but I was as confused as heck trying to make heads or tails of the descriptive text. A major annoyance that probably could have been avoided if it was just written a little differently.

NtW’s Wildsgate Snag #3: Azubal’s CON score

My game uses the Unearthed Arcana Vitality/Wound point system. A NPC’s Wound point tally is determined by their Con score. An undead creature without a Con score would have no wound points since it isn’t alive and cannot bleed to death. Azubal’s stats clearly state that he has Undead Traits but then bestows him with a Con score of 10:

Page 29:
Azubal, vampiric goblin Ftr1: CR 3; Small Undead Humanoid (Goblinoid); HD 1d12; hp 11; Init
+8; Spd 20 ft.; AC 25, touch 15, flat-footed 21; Base Atk +1; Grp +0; Atk/Full Atk +1 elfbane flail +6 melee (1d8+6); SA Children of the Night; SQ Alternate form, damage reduction 10/silver and
magic, fast healing, gaseous form, resistances, spider climb, turn resistance, undead traits; AL CE; SV Fort +2, Ref +4, Will 0; Str 17, Dex 19, Con 10, Int 16, Wis 11, Cha 13.

From the Glossary in the Monster Manual:
Undead Type: Undead are once-living creatures animated by spiritual or supernatural forces.
Traits: An undead creature possesses the following traits (unless otherwise noted in a creature’s entry).
No Constitution score.
—Darkvision out to 60 feet.
—Immunity to all mind-affecting effects (charms, compulsions, phantasms, patterns, and morale effects).
…[etc]

I dunno, maybe Azubal was given a Con score to help him last longer in a fight, but it was a real headache as a first-time DM trying to decide how to reconcile the Con stat entry with the Monster Manual. I eventually gave Azubal a Con score of zero and played him as the Undead critter that he is.

NtW’s Wildsgate Snag #4: The Drow’s Elven stats

Since my Rogue player was insistent on playing a Drow, I was very excited to have him interact with a Drow NPC in the game:

Page 37:
Area 2-15 – Planning Room (EL 3): …[edit] Kos, a lean, well-muscled half-orc, and Liath, a slender drow, are here studying the map, planning out the coup of Wildsgate…[edit]

But then on the next page she’s given Elven stats:

Page 38:
Liath, female elf Drd1: CR 1; Medium Humanoid; HD 1d8; hp 7; Init +3; Spd 30 ft.; AC 15, touch 13, flat-footed 12; Base Atk +0; Grp +0; Atk/Full Atk +1…[edit]

What gives? I completely redid Liath’s stat block so she could at least get her supernatural abilities up to snuff.

My players had high praise for this module, and they took their time to scour every corner and bypass every obstacle.

I did play up Lady Aborn’s role quite a bit. On page 19, her descriptive text reads thusly: The lone tower stands watch at the edge of the cliff. White pennants stream from the peaked rooftop and dance in the wind, signifying to all that Lady Aborn, the White Lady, is present.

Which begs the question: Are there times when Lady Aborn is not present? Are there times when the white flag does not fly? My PCs ended up interacting a great deal with Lady Aborn, probably more than the adventure intended. The lecherous Paladin player wanted to meet her in person and arrange a private audience. Fortunately, it never occurred to him to use his Detect Evil ability on her.

Lady Aborn claimed to make forays into the wilds on occasion to make sure there were no Goblin spies lurking in the forest. I figured at the very least she had to cross the Wildsgate Bridge once and a while to get her reports from Liath and Kos. I could only assume that Liath and Kos never set foot inside Wildsgate for fear of arousing suspicion. All of my PCs were completely taken aback when they found damning evidence implicating Lady Aborn. The Paladin flat out refused to believe it. :twisted: So Lady Aborn has actually been my favorite villian so far since her shenanigans caught the entire party completely unawares.

I really wanted to have the party (or at least the Cleric) look in on the Baron to see what poor shape he was in, but I could never justify (at least, not to myself) why the obviously evil Regent Sodersund would allow for such a visit. Plus his refusal cast more suspicion on him and less on Lady Aborn, so it was all for the best. :wink:

Ok, my gripes about The Sunken Zigguat were far fewer, but a much bigger deal in terms of interupted gamplay:

NtW’s Ziggurate Snag #1: The missing Token

In Area 2-6 – Guardian Portal, the PC’s are given four options for placing tokens in the pale blue stone slot to bypass the portal: The Lion Token (which actually opens the portal), the Hawk Token (which Summons a Fiendish giant eagle), the Ox Token (which Summons a Fiendish bison), and the Scorpion Token (which summons seven Medium fiendish – Oh, wait, no it doesn’t – THERE IS NO SCORPION TOKEN!!!

Page 10:
Development: The portal is activated only through the placement of one of the four animal tokens (hawk, ox, scorpion or lion) found on this level into the lapis lazuli lined depression on the stone slab.

So does anyone know where the Scorpion token is hidden? Anyone? There’s all sorts of places to hide it, and I would have – IF I HAD KNOWN – that there was no mention of the Scorpion Token in any of the adventure leading up to that point! The perfect place for it would be among the bedrolls right next to the Hawk Token in Area 2-5. But no. No Scorpion token – AT ALL!

Not that I’m bitter or anything. :roll:

NtW’s Ziggurat Snag #2: The missing Serpentfury tail attack stat

This was mentioned before in the Ziggurat thread, but I haven’t seen it officially addressed by GG staff:

Page 30:
Instead of a single tail, the foul beast’s hindquarters split into two long tentacles, each ending in a flanged sucker.

COMBAT
Serpentfuries, known also as mushumahu, are fierce reptilian aberrations that prowl tainted waters looking for prey. Slow on land, they are quick and deadly in the water, often using their powerful tentacles to hold foes tight as they descend beneath the waves.

Improved Grab (Ex): To use this ability, a serpentfury must hit with its tail attack. It can then start a grapple as a free action without provoking an attack of opportunity. If it wins the grapple check, it establishes a hold and can constrict.

Attack: Gore +7 melee (1d6+4)
Full Attack: Gore +7 melee (1d6+4) and bite +2 melee (1d8+2)

Obviously, the Serpentfury should have TWO tail attacks but NOT ONE is mentioned in the creature’s stat block. I figured the tail would get the same attack bonus as the Gore, and could only attack during a Full Round, but could I get an official ruling from GG on this?
"When in doubt, play a Cleric. They decide who lives and who dies." -None the Wiser
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: DCC Errata Log

Post by Jengenritz »

Additional Castle Whiterock errata (secret door on level 1, map rotation):

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... =20&t=5060
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Re: DCC Errata Log

Post by Jengenritz »

Additional Castle Whiterock errata:

The "X" in area 12-24 that indicates the entrance to Pelltar's secret lab is missing.

The GM can put it anywhere, but the author's intent was that it be located in the north-east-most corner of area 12-24.
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”