Scroll of Ruin Tournament: Trading Tickets and Finding Teams

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Jengenritz
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer

Scroll of Ruin Tournament: Trading Tickets and Finding Teams

Post by Jengenritz »

This thread is for:

- teams of less than 5 who want to know who else is at their table
- players without teams who want to make some ticket trades to fill out a team
- players wanting to trade their tickets with others so they can stay in a group, in case a team got split up
- other related discussions

A convenient place to arrange these trades would be the Tournament Desk, which will be in Union Station's lobby. We should have a big ol' banner to identify us.

Just a reminder: you are always - ALWAYS - encouraged to check in at the Tournament Desk before your event.

See you all in August!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
dcampbez
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Scroll of Ruin Tournament: Trading Tickets and Finding Teams

Post by dcampbez »

Ok, may as well start this:

Myself and two friends have three of the five tickets for session 1-23, 8am on the 14th. Are the other two out there somewhere?
gausse
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by gausse »

We have 4 seasoned players and are looking to fill the last spot for this years DCC Open Tournament 1-17, It is on Thursday 8/13 at 4PM and lasts to 8PM.

Would like a seasoned team player with some 4e experience. DCC experience is always a plus too. We are always hopeful to make it to round 2 of the event so we need someone who can commit to play in the 2nd/3rd rounds Sat should we be lucky enough to advance. We have been very close several times.

I have the extra ticket and would provide it free to whoever fills the final spot.

Description: The 6th Annual DCC Tournament! As a team of 5 players, choose from seven 14th-level pregens to assault the buried monastery of Yash'ar Aref and destroy the Scroll of Ruin. Only the best teams will advance through 3 rounds of scoring. The tournament is unforgivingly brutal, so bring your friends, your lucky dice, and your A-game!

If your are interested let me know. Can email me at gausse2 (at) yahoo
DCII
Gongfarmer

Post by DCII »

I am a very very experienced player, registered in the DCC Open Tourny 1-36 (8/14/09-2pm) and am looking for a team to jump into.

If I can keep my current schedule intact that would be great, but am willing to swap a ticket as necessary, especially for an experienced team. I have reviewed the character/player pack and am comfortable playing any of the characters.

Current schedule of events I am registered for is:
8/13 10am
8/13 5pm
8/14 10am
8/14 2pm
8/15 11am
8/15 2pm
8/16 8am

Thanks

DC
docbrown
Gongfarmer

Post by docbrown »

What's up with this anyway? Last time I played you just showed up to your time slot and a team was formed by whomever sat down at the table? Is that not possible? My friend & I have 2 tickets to the 10:00 AM slot on Thursday morning, and were hoping to just meet up with a threesome. :lol: Any three's out there looking for a group of two for the 10:00 AM slot? If so, just drop a line on here and we'll try and meet up at the event. If not, I'm assuming they'll be able to seat a team of two. Cheers, Doc
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

Hey Doc,

Minimum team size is three. I'll have a list of people at the tourney command post in the lobby of the Crowne Plaza for people looking to get into rounds. You should check in there to fill out a team, or to say "hey," or to see if there are any last-minute location changes.

Make sure you download the player's pack, too!
Co-Author: The Almanac of the Endless Traders, DCC #13, DCC #29, DCC #49, DCC #51, DCC #52, DCC #63

Author: DCC #55: Isle of the Sea Drake, DCC #61: Citadel of the Corruptor, more to come....
dcampbez
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by dcampbez »

Hmm, I thought (this is only my second year, however) that each code was a block of 5, and that determined the table and group you were at.

For instance, I bought three tickets for 1-23 at 8am for myself and two friends. We will sit down at 8am, and the guys who bought the other two will sit down as well. That will makeup out team; and hopefully the other two will show up if we advance. Last year, I knew one of the four (it was a four-slot game) and we advanced; the other two never showed for the second game and we were disqualified.
Jengenritz

Post by Jengenritz »

For Round One, there is always some mix-and-match going on. Maybe two guys bail here, maybe one guy bails there, maybe four guys with generics want to get in. Happens every year, and we try to accomodate as many people as we can.

After a team goes through Round One, my ability to mix-and-match goes out the window.

I can't stress these two things enough:

- check in at the tourney command post to make sure your room is still your room
- if you get into a round with some people you don't know, GET THEIR NUMBER so you can contact them if you advance

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”