DCC Sale and my F(?)LGS

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Burchard
Far-Sighted Wanderer

DCC Sale and my F(?)LGS

Post by Burchard »

Today I went to Hastur Hobbies in Murray, Utah to purchase several 4E DCC modules. I notified the employee that DCC's were currently on sale (20% off) at select retailers and asked if they were honoring the sale. They were not aware of it and hence asked the manager. He said that "only stores that are going out of business are having the sale and Goodman Games had created the sale for those stores to get rid of product" and that he was NOT going out of business. I was offended by this as a consumer and fan of the DCC line. I set down $80+ worth of product and left.
I think they lose the "F" in FLGS!

Burchard
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: DCC Sale and my F(?)LGS

Post by GnomeBoy »

Yeah, clearly he didn't get it.

Nor did he understand the nature of the sale....
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Burchard
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Burchard »

Thanks to Mr. Goodman's tireless efforts (and a phone call), Hastur Hobbies just earned an "F", and I mean that in a good way! I just got back with a bag full of 4E DCC goodies at 20% off. The are back to FLGS status!

Cheers!

Burchard
Author: Soloquest series of adventures by Kenzer & Co.
Need a new gaming song? Check out Fourth Level Fighter. Lyrics/bass by me. Vocals/guitars/drums by my buddy, Aaron. Download it and spread the word!
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Still, a retailer thinking that the sale was to help move product for closing stores doesn't quite add up... If you're closing, you generally don't buy new product, even if there is a discount; you just put what you have on sale, just as you're free to do at any time as a retailer....

*searches for the head-scratching smilie*
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”