Has anyone worked up an Elric setting yet?

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Nyarlathotep5150
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Has anyone worked up an Elric setting yet?

Post by Nyarlathotep5150 »

Hi,
Topic mostly says it all (and I know it has probably come up before). I was looking for a write up for an Elric setting for DCC and was surprised that nothing really came up. Anyone know where I could look for one?
I know Stormbringer is a tricky thing to do writeups for, as it is a relatively recent book and all those copyright issues, but I thought there might be something... Though, who knows, They're working up an inhouse Lankhmar setting, perhaps Melnibone will be next??? Nudge-nudge.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Re: Has anyone worked up an Elric setting yet?

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Not a lawyer, but I am fairly certain that the Moorcock stories are still pretty strongly covered by copyright and IP law. There have been games - like Stormbringer and Hawkmoon - exploring his works, and materials from these games can be converted fairly easily into DCC. Likewise, there is some easily converted material in the first print of the 1st Ed AD&D Deities & Demigods tome.
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
celticgriffon
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by celticgriffon »

If anyone does any work on any of MM's worlds or stories please let me know. I would love to see an official product with the author's endorsement for DCC!! Elric, the Eternal Champion, et al. would make very good modules imo.

Cheers,
Michael
Nyarlathotep5150
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Nyarlathotep5150 »

Yeah. I get that it's probably still copyright protected (being as it's a pretty young set of works for pulp stories). It would be great to see Goodman get the rights from Moorcock to do an official setting though.

As far as conversions, while I could do that, the one thing I really want from a setting work up is also the thing I find hardest and most tedious to work up on my own. Patrons. I was hoping to see some fan writups for Melnibonean patrons that I could alter for my setting. There really aren't enough fully fleshed out patrons out there.

But still, a guy can dream. Keeping my fingers crossed for Goodman to get rights to a Stormbringer box set.
bycrom
Gongfarmer
FLGS: don't have one

Post by bycrom »

Nyarlathotep5150 wrote: As far as conversions, while I could do that, the one thing I really want from a setting work up is also the thing I find hardest and most tedious to work up on my own. Patrons. I was hoping to see some fan writups for Melnibonean patrons that I could alter for my setting. There really aren't enough fully fleshed out patrons out there.

This link has two Chaosium monographs as a resource for the cults of the Young Kingdoms by Charles Green that could be mined

http://www.stormbringerrpg.com/?page_id=63
Last edited by bycrom on Thu Nov 26, 2015 8:10 am, edited 1 time in total.
Raven_Crowking
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: The Sword & Board

Post by Raven_Crowking »

Have you seen the most recent Sanctum Secorum?

http://sanctum.media/blog/index.php/201 ... melnibone/
SoBH pbp:

Cathbad the Meek (herbalist Wizard 1): AC 9; 4 hp; S 7, A 7, St 10, P 17, I 13, L 8; Neutral; Club, herbs, 50' rope, 50 cp; -1 to melee attack rolls. Hideous scar.
Karaptis
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Karaptis »

Hey Raven, it's me Tom Foolery, I just asked Moorcock and he said as long as no one makes money, to go ahead.

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”