Saga of the Dragon Cult & Pathfinder

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

GameHermit
Gongfarmer

Saga of the Dragon Cult & Pathfinder

Post by GameHermit »

Hi Everyone,

I was going through some of the game supplements I have on my shelf and came across the Saga of the Dragon Cult box set....I had completely forgotten that I purchase that several years ago! I think I bought it, set it aside meaning to get back to it but forgot about it :P

Anyway, I was wondering if this adventure path would work well with the Pathfinder system. I'm not that familiar with the whole d20, 3E, 3.5 and Pathfinder evolution thing, so I thought I would ask the forum members if these modules would run smoothly in PF before delving too deep.

On a side note...I also purchased the DCC RPG system and am completely digging what I'm reading! Good job Goodman Games!

Thanks,

Jack
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Re: Saga of the Dragon Cult & Pathfinder

Post by GnomeBoy »

I would think there'd be little-to-no problem running these 3.5 DCC modules for Pathfinder -- I've done it with one or two others, and the only thing I'd point out from that experience is to consider the modules suitable for about one level lower than they say, when running them for Pathfinder characters. Like, if it says it is for 3rd level characters, run it for 2nd level Pathfinder characters.

Which may take some jiggering on your part as GM, since the Dragon Cult series, IIRC, is for levels 1-10. If your group is open to the idea, just tell them in advance that you'll let them know when to level up (instead of tracking XP point by point), and then level them as appropriate to get to the module you're running next. Or something of the sort... e.g., Lost Vault gets them from 1st to barely 3rd Level (for the start of Savage Kings), Savage Kings gets them to amid 5th Level by the end (setting them up for Garden), etc.

Occasionally add some extra power to monster or three, just to keep them guessing, and you're good.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
gamegold1
Gongfarmer

Re: Saga of the Dragon Cult & Pathfinder

Post by gamegold1 »

I also purchased the DCC RPG system and am completely digging what I'm reading! Good job Goodman Games!

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”