Doom of the Savage Kings for sale...asking price?

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Doom of the Savage Kings for sale...asking price?

Post by MrHemlocks »

I have a new copy of Doom of the Savage Kings and was thinking about placing it on Ebay. Only thing is there are none listed for sale anywhere. What is a good selling price for such an item?

http://www.goodman-games.com/50665preview.html
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Doom of the Savage Kings for sale...asking price?

Post by maxinstuff »

Two copies of the gold foil edition (including DotSK) have sold for right on $80 on ebay in the last two weeks. So I would say you would be looking at something a bit lower than that.

There is one more copy for sale that has been there for weeks listed as $175. It hasn't sold so the market value will be much closer to the $80 mark.

Source: shopped around for weeks looking for it at a price I was willing to pay.

To be honest - if I could have found the module on its own I would have snapped it up for anything up to $50. Really only wanted the gold foil for the module stuck to it ;)

With all that said - there is only 1 left on the market I'm aware of and that is old mate $175 bukkers - so really anything up to that level is fair game, try your luck :D
MrHemlocks
Chaos-Summoning Sorcerer

Post by MrHemlocks »

Thanks for the information! I am selling two copies. One is new and never read for $63.00 and the other as used, for it was read but still in like new condition, for $35.00.

Both are in protective sleeves...
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

Seems like crazy prices, since both the regular cover and gold foil cover rulebooks came with them. I would have assumed that they aren't that rare at all. (I think I have 3 copies.) It will be interesting to see if they sell at those prices.

Oh, and I might move this thread. This section of the boards is mostly for pre-RPG DCC modules (e.g. DCC modules numbered 1-66) and not for DCC RPG compatible ones (66.5 and above), so lots of folks may miss this thread.
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by maxinstuff »

finarvyn wrote:Seems like crazy prices
Not when you can't buy it at ANY price. There are none on ebay or amazon right now. There are some gold foil editions floating around but they are expensive (and there's no guarantee they all have the module with them).

How you guys got two and three copies each I can only guess. People who missed the pre-order bus are having to scrounge around for it if they want it in their collection.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist
FLGS: The Portal

Post by Blood Axe »

Cant you get it on pdf? Its not the same as a real copy, but its something.
To defend: This is the Pact.
But when life loses its value,
and is taken for naught -
then the Pact is to Avenge.
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by maxinstuff »

Personally I just like owning the hard copy - it completes the collection ;)

It's only 16 pages though, so if all you wanted to do was be able to run the adventure, it would be very easy to deal with as a pdf or just print it off.
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

maxinstuff wrote:Personally I just like owning the hard copy - it completes the collection ;)

It's only 16 pages though, so if all you wanted to do was be able to run the adventure, it would be very easy to deal with as a pdf or just print it off.

I have a print copy already. :)
maxinstuff
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by maxinstuff »

Out of curiousity I had a look around for the PDF.

Can't find it!

The facebook page link is dead (as per the statement saying the link would be good until 'x' date - the promise was kept).

It doesn't come up in search on drivethrurpg either. Seems now the only way is to get a copy of the PDF from someone who already has it......

Unless my google-fu fails me and it is readily available somewhere that I have not looked??
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Wowser! :shock:

Congrats.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Blood Axe
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Blood Axe »

I got lucky then. I got the free pdf from Facebook and I have a real copy.
finarvyn
Cold-Hearted Immortal
FLGS: Fair Game, Downers Grove IL

Post by finarvyn »

maxinstuff wrote:How you guys got two and three copies each I can only guess. People who missed the pre-order bus are having to scrounge around for it if they want it in their collection.
It helps when you own several copies of the rulebook. I have three first print copies; one "reader" copy and a copy each of the regular and gold foil cover to look nice on the shelf. All came with the module.

Any game I play a lot has to have a "reader" copy so that my players can touch it. They aren't as careful as I am about that stuff. :?
Marv / Finarvyn
DCC Minister of Propaganda; Deputized 6/8/11 (over 11 years of SPAM bustin'!)
DCC RPG playtester 2011, DCC Lankhmar trivia contest winner 2015; OD&D player since 1975

"The worthy GM never purposely kills players' PCs, He presents opportunities for the rash and unthinking players to do that all on their own."
-- Gary Gygax
"Don't ask me what you need to hit. Just roll the die and I will let you know!"
-- Dave Arneson
"Misinterpreting the rules is a shared memory for many of us"
-- Joseph Goodman
Mazkarel
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Mazkarel »

I am the purchaser of the aforementioned module. I get a pretty decent biweekly "allowance" from my girl, and I've been hunted for a mint copy of this thing for a LOOOOONG time. Worth the price of admission if you ask me. Thanks Mike!

P.S. I *did* get the downloadable pdf one as well, but it's just not the same. I had to have it in my physical collection.

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”