GenCon - Dungeon Crawl Wednesday!

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: GenCon - Dungeon Crawl Wednesday!

Post by AstroCat »

Unfortunately I was not able to get in through the GenCon registration. Do you think there will be room for the Wed 4E games? It would be myself plus 1 other for sure and if room maybe 2 others as well.

Thanks.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Wow. That was fast.

Yeah, show up and we'll try to fit in everyone that we can.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
AstroCat
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by AstroCat »

fathead wrote:Wow. That was fast.

Yeah, show up and we'll try to fit in everyone that we can.
Cool, thanks a lot, looking forward to it. :)
Aeltrin
Gongfarmer

Post by Aeltrin »

Indeed it was fast - was only able to secure 2 of the 3 tickets needed for the Nova Wastrels. We will show up and see what happens? Did they give you a room? (No info on the registration site)

Also had problems getting the DCC times we wanted on Thursday afternoon - but was able to secure Friday at noon timeslot. Was still a slot free when we purchased at that time.

Look forward to seeing you all at Gencon!
drunkcleric
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by drunkcleric »

My group was able to get 2 of the 4 tickets that we needed. We will all show up and if you can accomodate us that would be great. If not we can give up our 2 seats to another group in the same boat.

We were lucky enough to get our DCC tourney spots we needed at the time we wanted which is the first time in the past 3 years. Being able to register four people at once was a huge help.

See you at GenCon
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Yeah...everyone definitely show up. We counted on 6 to a table, so we could probably go 8 to a table if need be. If we don't have enough space, we might be able to form another table in open gaming. We'll figure it out.

As for where it is being held...good question. Once I have the info, I'll post an update here on the boards.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Mr. Murlock
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Mr. Murlock »

Hey everybody,

I just wanted to make sure that my friends and I (5 total) were still in line for this on the Wednesday night before GenCon. It says that we are attending at the beginning of the thread, but I wanted to let you know that we are definately attending with swords sharpened and wands at the ready!

Wednesday night is our usual game night, so we are very excited to spend it with all of you.

Looking forward to it!
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hey Mr. Murlock! Well, we registered the event with GenCon (so that we're guaranteed table space), and it also had the added benefit of getting more people to attend (in case some groups that posted didn't show up). Well...I underestimated the popularity of a free dungeon crawl event. Everything sold out the first day. BUT...definitely show up. We'll seat everyone that we can (even without a ticket) - we'll take bigger table sizes, find another GM, or (worst case) I'll run two tables at once.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Since it seems as though several groups that had wanted to attend couldn't snag the tickets in time, are there any players that would be willing to GM if they're needed? I can provide an adventure if you need one. Any takers?
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Wyrm
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Wyrm »

fathead wrote:Since it seems as though several groups that had wanted to attend couldn't snag the tickets in time, are there any players that would be willing to GM if they're needed? I can provide an adventure if you need one. Any takers?
I mentioned previously that I'd be willing to DM. I'm going to try to run some events during the DnD Worldwide Game Day on 7 June, so hopefully I'll have a little experience running a 4e event by GenCon. I think one of the other members of NoVa Wastrels (Aeltrin) might also be willing to DM, but I'm not going to speak for him...
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Thanks Wyrm! You da man! PM me and we'll work out what adventure you'd like to GM.

Any more takers?

We'll only use the extra GMs as we need them (but if everyone shows up, it looks like we will need an extra table or two).
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Mr. Murlock
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Mr. Murlock »

Yeah, sadly we were not able to get tickets for this. They went way too fast. All five of us will be there and we will probably be bearing gifts. We are really looking forward to gaming with the Goodman Games crew. I met Joseph last year and he was super cool, so I wanted to make sure that our crew was able to spend some time with the people that make the DCC books possible.

See you there!
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by welland_warrior »

Hi there,

I'm interested but I don't know where this event is being held. I read that someone mentioned the RAM or something along that line. Can someone fill me in? This is will be my first gencon.

Thanks!
Stile De Mornay
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Stile De Mornay »

I'd be interesting in playing.

Also, I'd like to put in for running DCC #13 - in the touney mode. Just a group to see how well they would've done.

Any interest for that?

Noted: At a glance.. it doesn't seem there is any space, tickets etc... for an official event or anything.

So - would anyone be interested in doing #13 just as an aside?
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

welland_warrior wrote: I'm interested but I don't know where this event is being held. I read that someone mentioned the RAM or something along that line. Can someone fill me in? This is will be my first gencon.
I've already answered your PM, but I thought I'd answer this post as well (for any others wandering over to this thread).

The event is being held where GenCon decides to place us. I haven't looked recently, but when event registration took place, they hadn't assigned a spot yet. Keep an eye on the GenCon event system to look up the location. It should also be listed (I think) in the GenCon onsite book.

The RAM event - I was running an event earlier in the day, but that has already filled up (and space was limited).

The Wednesday Night Dungeon Crawl is actually listed in the event reg system. It filled up quickly...BUT, we're going to accomodate anyone who shows up. We'll fit them in to other tables and probably organize other groups for tables in the open gaming area. Obviously, a lot of this depends on how many show up and how many GMs we have that are willing to throw in with us. Show up though!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Stile De Mornay wrote:I'd be interesting in playing.

Also, I'd like to put in for running DCC #13 - in the touney mode. Just a group to see how well they would've done.

Any interest for that?

Noted: At a glance.. it doesn't seem there is any space, tickets etc... for an official event or anything.

So - would anyone be interested in doing #13 just as an aside?
Hey Stile! If you're interested in GMing, I'll put you down as a GM. Most of my GMs haven't confirmed yet. If someone drops, you can have their table. If not, we'll be organizing groups to play in the open gaming area.

PM me if you're interested.

Oh...and #13 is freakin' awesome. I loved that adventure. You'll have to pick which round you want to run though.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Stile De Mornay
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Stile De Mornay »

Hmmm... if for the event I might rather run another module.

I offer 13 up the usual multi-round ideal.

I'd be willing to GM ofcourse for any module. I have the benefit of being local so if you want to PM for contact info etc... I can GM at any sort of notice really.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Alright...in an effort to get organized (and an attempt on my part to make sure that we have enough GMs), I've started a seperate GMs thread here:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... f=1&t=4906

Anyone who has expressed an interest in GMing, please drop by and make a post.

Thanks!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Hydra lair
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Hydra lair »

Is there room for one more latecomer?

I would definately like to game with this crowd.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hydra lair wrote:Is there room for one more latecomer?

I would definately like to game with this crowd.
Yep. Drop in, and we'll try to make room for you. The tickets are already sold out, but we're trying to muster more GMs to accomodate everyone wanting to play. We should be able to do it.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Alright...GenCon is only 2 weeks away...and I'm starting to get worried since I promised several tables, and haven't heard from many GMs. GMs - there is a thread in the Goodman Games General section:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... f=1&t=4906

Post there, so that I know you'll be there and what you'll be running (and what edition).

Also, as a general call - anyone else willing to GM, stop in to the other thread and offer your support...with all of the interest, it sounds as though we'll need it.

See everyone at GenCon!
Dark Oracle of Gaming
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

GenCon - Dungeon Crawl Wednesday!

Post by fathead »

Send more paramedics...erm...I mean DMs...

Any of the DMs that offered to run a table - stop in at the DMs thread in the Goodman Games General section.

Those that would be willing to run a table, drop in there as well.

So far, we have 5 ticketed tables, and only 3 DMs. That also isn't counting gathering tables for non-ticketed players.

What I would like to have is 7-8 DMs ready. If we have fewer players than expected, the extra DMs can join other tables.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Hamakto
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Hamakto »

We are working out the final arrangements for getting down to Indy. I will let you know for sure if we are in once we figure out our ETA.
Andy
Blood Kings
2007 & 2008 DCC Tourney Champion
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Hamakto wrote:We are working out the final arrangements for getting down to Indy. I will let you know for sure if we are in once we figure out our ETA.
Alright. Definitely let me know how it looks. I'm still scrounging for DMs to fill the tables.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
nsoave
Gongfarmer

Post by nsoave »

I have 2 that would be interested for wed night
players not GMs

I also have space in our slot for the DCC open and heroes of the apocalypse, see the post on the thread pertaining to looking for players for the time slots

cheers!

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”