X-mas list

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

WallyTWest
Far-Sighted Wanderer

X-mas list

Post by WallyTWest »

If you could only own 3 Goodman DCC modules. Which three?

(I already have #’s 5, 11, 12, 17)
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

hmmm ...
#35, #51, & either #48 or #29
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: X-mas list

Post by fathead »

WallyTWest wrote:If you could only own 3 Goodman DCC modules. Which three?

Well...you already own 12, so why not pick up 12.5? It picks up after #12. It's a fun adventure chalk full of riddles, puzzles, traps, and good combat. Plus, there are Dundjinni maps that you can download!

Anyone who knows me is aware that I'm an unabashed fan of the tournament modules - DCC # 13, 30, 49, and 52. Each one is fantastic, and offers different ways to challenge an experienced group of players.

I don't own CastleWhiterock (yet), but have heard rave reviews. It's expensive, but you get A LOT of bang for your buck.

I really enjoyed DCC #27 Revenge of the Rat King. GREAT flavor, interesting combats. It's hard to go wrong with this one...

I suppose this also depends on what you're using these modules for. Will you be playing the DCCs as one shots, or part of an existing campaign?
Dark Oracle of Gaming
WallyTWest
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by WallyTWest »

Charlie.. you cheated! Perhaps I should have said no 100$ products? (Honestly I want castle whiterock!).

Perhaps I should explain my story a little more. I have not roleplayed for almost a year, nor have I read a PHB or allowed myself to pick up a Mod exc. Figured that if I didnt play for 1 year and still wanted to game, then it would be a good post collage hobby.

I ran 5,11,12, and 17 in a campaign mixed with old AD&D mods and finished it off with the castle ravenloft minicampaign last time I played. Oh man it rocked! My PC's stayed an extra day in the dorms just to kill Stalhad. (Thats dedication)

Almost a year latter im feeling the D&D itch and thinking back to those DCC mods that rocked so much.

I would love to buy all of them, Hardcopy. (I would clear a shelf for them!) but I dont have that kind of money with the car paments, morgage, bla bla bla....

So lets pretend I can write 3 that will go on my christmass list, jusr above talisman and a microwave...

I enjoyed the briliant 1 off modules and quarky play of Aerie of the Crow God and Legacy of the Savage Kings. (Really enjoyed Savage Kings). Levels 4 to 10 are my favorate. Hidden doors/caves and dark tones are a must.

Thanks.
WallyTWest
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by WallyTWest »

They killed stalhad with the star arms buy the way.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Definitely pick up Revenge of the Rat King. It's a great module.

Both Vault of the Dragon Kings (level 10) and Palace in the Waste (levels 4-6) are within the range that you listed, but they'll cost more than the typical module (they're worth the extra price though!).

Also, read some of the reviews on Enworld:

http://www.enworld.org/reviews.php?do=p ... id=2005155
Last edited by fathead on Mon Dec 10, 2007 6:00 am, edited 1 time in total.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Oh, you meant my favorite non-hardback boxed set ones? Sorry ...

#23 Sunken Ziggurat
#38 Escape from the Forest of Lanterns
#34 Cage of Delirium or #11 Dragonfiend Pact (#11 is $2 :D)

(I thought this was one of those "If you were stranded on a deserted island with only three DCCs" type questions.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Fortress of Badabaskar, Citadel of Fire, and Dark Tower.

The only DCC I actually think is "great" is the Devil Lich. DCC 29 (the one with all the first level modules) has several very good mods in it.

DCC 14 ( the one with several adventures loosely linked together) turned int to some great gaming.

Necromancer is planning on having a a sale for Christmas via their White Wolf Distributor.

If that happens get Tomb of Abysthor, any Rappan Athuk modules you can get, Hall of the Rainbow Mage, Vindication, Grey Citadel, Doom of Listonshire (I think this one was actually released through Kenzer), and any others that sound like they may appeal to you.

If Troll Lords includes Lost City of Barakus in their "12 Days of Christmas Sale" get it too. That is another excellent Necromancer module that TLG published for them.

I know you aren't looking for more stuff to spend money on, but I actually prefer Necromancer Game modules over most Goodman DCC's.

I obviously still like DCC's, since I own 1 to 39, 41, 51, and 51.5, and the DM screen DCC, the C&C versions, plus the Judges Guild at Wicked Fantasy mods.

Still, if its good to excellent I buy it, hence my love of the Paizo Pathfinders and Game Mastery mods. They have been the best on the market for about 5 months now.

So now I have shared some of my pain with you (there are other good modules out there to hunt down) of there being lots of good adventures out there, but not enough spare money with which to buy them all.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

Treebore wrote:Fortress of Badabaskar, Citadel of Fire, and Dark Tower.

The only DCC I actually think is "great" is the Devil Lich. DCC 29 (the one with all the first level modules) has several very good mods in it.

DCC 14 ( the one with several adventures loosely linked together) turned int to some great gaming.

Necromancer is planning on having a a sale for Christmas via their White Wolf Distributor.

If that happens get Tomb of Abysthor, any Rappan Athuk modules you can get, Hall of the Rainbow Mage, Vindication, Grey Citadel, Doom of Listonshire (I think this one was actually released through Kenzer), and any others that sound like they may appeal to you.

If Troll Lords includes Lost City of Barakus in their "12 Days of Christmas Sale" get it too. That is another excellent Necromancer module that TLG published for them.

I know you aren't looking for more stuff to spend money on, but I actually prefer Necromancer Game modules over most Goodman DCC's.

I obviously still like DCC's, since I own 1 to 39, 41, 51, and 51.5, and the DM screen DCC, the C&C versions, plus the Judges Guild at Wicked Fantasy mods.

Still, if its good to excellent I buy it, hence my love of the Paizo Pathfinders and Game Mastery mods. They have been the best on the market for about 5 months now.

So now I have shared some of my pain with you (there are other good modules out there to hunt down) of there being lots of good adventures out there, but not enough spare money with which to buy them all.
Ah, how true - so many good modules and so little time to play them all.

WallyT, I have only got about a dozen or so modules and to date have run none (see, I said I was a newbie) as I can only D&D once every 3 months (but that is for 3 days solid at a time). Of the ones I have, numbers 3 (The Mysterious Tower), 5 (Aerie of the Crow God) and 15 (Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen) are the ones I would like to run most. I am toying with integrating DCC#3 into my Shattered Gates of Slaughtergarde campaign to replace "Castle Grief" in the Valley of Obelisks - it all depends on whether or not the party need some more experience before hitting the final adventure site in that campaign (we award half experience btw as we think progression in 3.5ed is too swift by far)

Frank
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

for me, christmas cheer = whiterock. toss sinister in my stocking and i am good to go!
Sir Clarence
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Sir Clarence »

My vote goes to

DCC #3: The Mysterious Tower
DCC #51: Castle Whiterock
DCC: Saga of the Witch Queen
Warduke
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Post by Warduke »

and of 'course if you can get your hands on saga of the dragon cult, that is like 3 1/2 adventures for the price of one.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Re: X-mas list

Post by DCCfan »

WallyTWest wrote:If you could only own 3 Goodman DCC modules. Which three?

Castle Whiterock! I know this is just one choice, but it's a huge box set. With out a doubt it's the best value for your money. It should keep your game going for a long time. I also think it is the best quality product in the DCC line.

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”