Printing out the freebie maps?

Forum for all things DCC not covered by other sub-forums, including tournaments, cons, collecting, Aereth, and so on.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Willthechased
Ill-Fated Peasant

Printing out the freebie maps?

Post by Willthechased »

Does anyone have any advice on printing out the maps in the downloads section (which are fantastic by the way!), specifically the ones for DCC 35A Hall's of the Minotaur? I've got the download and would love to hear any ideas for printing that folks have tried for a map scaled to 5' per inch!
Thanks in advance for any tips!
-W-
superfan
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by superfan »

Here's a tip for you.....

I've printed the maps already. Let me mail them to you for the cost of postage.

Email me at benwax@aol.com (see what praising my maps will get you!)

Plus, you have to agree to pass them on to the next person who wants them after you're done.

(one big happy family and all that)

My way of saying, happy Easter!
:D
Ben "superfan" Waxman
"They Might Be Dwarves" - World Champions Xcrawl 2007. So BAD...but yet so good.
Willthechased
Ill-Fated Peasant

Happy Easter Indeed!

Post by Willthechased »

You sir, are a superstar!
Email has been sent!
Thank you so much, my group is gonna love it!
-W-
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Yeah, that's Superfan for you! He IS a DCC Superstar!

It's somewhat old news here, but I used Superfan's maps for the seesions of DCC #12.5 Iron Crypt of the Heretics I ran at Gen Con Indy 2006. I printed them off on my personal ink jet printer on 8.5" x 11" card stock. They turned out awesome, and they were easy to transport since they were on standard sized paper.

More recently, I've DL the maps Superfan did for DCC 35B The Vault of the Thief Lord. Time was short, so I took the map files to Kinkos on my USB memory drive and they printed them in all their colorful glory on large scale paper for me. To ensure the maps hold up to the rigors of travel and mulitple use, I had Kinkos laminate them. These beauties will be making the trip to Indy with me this year.

Rock On, Superfan!

tacojohn4547
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

tacojohn4547 wrote: It's somewhat old news here, but I used Superfan's maps for the seesions of DCC #12.5 Iron Crypt of the Heretics I ran at Gen Con Indy 2006.
We held a "Con Yeoman" and had tables on every floor of our house. I printed off the maps for Iron Crypt for a table that I ran. The group loved them.

Oh...the maps print off GREAT on an E-size plotter too. :)
Dark Oracle of Gaming
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Just to add to the praise, I used Superfan's maps for Halls of the Minotaur at GenCon, and they were the high point of the game. I don't use minis much at home, but at the con I delighted in placing the minotaur mini down in front of some 0-lvl PCs to get the blood racing...:twisted:

Con Yoeman. How do I get tickets for that next year? You guys cross training for the tournament? :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

tacojohn4547 wrote:These beauties will be making the trip to Indy with me this year.
I am SO sitting over your shoulder for that game. :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Harley Stroh wrote: Con Yoeman. How do I get tickets for that next year? You guys cross training for the tournament? :)
Ha. :) Harley, you and any of the other Goodman Games people are welcome to drop in. Superfan, that goes for you too. We'll even put everyone up for the weekend. Con Yeoman usually involves gaming all day and walking down to one of the pubs (often an irish pub called "Fat Shannons") in the evening.

You know...I've been thinking about inviting We Flunked Flank down too, since they live in Cincinnati as well. Maybe we WILL make it into "DCC tournament training camp"...
Dark Oracle of Gaming
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

Harley Stroh wrote:
tacojohn4547 wrote:These beauties will be making the trip to Indy with me this year.
I am SO sitting over your shoulder for that game. :)

//H
SWEET!

tj
quigonjim
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Printing out the freebie maps?

Post by quigonjim »

Just to bring this topic back up, I am about to run Crypt of the Devil Lich and am looking for advice for printing the .jpg format maps so they come out with a 1" grid for table top playing. I am using WinXP and a slow color laser printer. If I had access to the Dundjinni files I could export directly from them as I have that program.

Thanks for your time,
-Jim

Return to “Dungeon Crawl Classics - General”