DCC First Edition / Black Blade Publishing

Discussion of DCC modules published under 1E and C&C rules by Goodman Games, as well as conversions to other systems by fans.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

DCC First Edition / Black Blade Publishing

Post by jason.richardson »

Hello,

I can't express how awesome it is that the DCCs are going to be converted to First Edition! Thanks to all involved!

Question: will I be able to run them with the rules as written for AD&D First Edition, or have the rules been slightly modified so as to avoid any copyright issues?

Is this straight up AD&D 1st?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: DCC First Edition / Black Blade Publishing

Post by Harley Stroh »

Pretty much straight up 1st. Jon Hershberger has done a wonderful job with the conversions so far, and we're looking forward to more.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Kinda makes me want to take up 1st Edition again, after about a twenty year hiatus... :mrgreen:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by jason.richardson »

GnomeBoy wrote:Kinda makes me want to take up 1st Edition again, after about a twenty year hiatus... :mrgreen:
Yeah, you should. I still play it, well I run it actually. These new modules are gonna be awesome.

Now, if Goodman Games would publish DCC for the new HackMaster Basic.
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

The first release, First Edition Dungeon Crawls: Secret of Smuggler’s Cove, was released at the North Texas RPG Con in Dallas, TX, June 5-7, and is available now for purchase directly from Black Blade Publishing here: http://black-blade-publishing.com/Products.aspx.

The early feedback on the release has been very positive. From the blue monocrome covers to the new cover art by Jason Braun to the cradled double cardstock covers, this First Edition adventure seems to have struck a very familiar chord with fans of the early editions.

Jon Hershberger
President, Black Blade Publishing

Return to “DCC Modules - Alternate Systems (1E, C&C, etc.)”