Top 10 DCC's you would like to see as C&C modules

Discussion of DCC modules published under 1E and C&C rules by Goodman Games, as well as conversions to other systems by fans.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Chuul Killer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Top 10 DCC's you would like to see as C&C modules

Post by Chuul Killer »

I'm curious to find out what people would like to see crossed over to the C&C module line from DCC's. Might give an overall idea of what most ppl like (or is that what ppl like most?) in the DCC line, it also might give goodman games some insight too, I'll get the ball rolling.....

(in no order)

1.The Dragonfiend Pact
2. Shadows in Freeport
3. The Scaly God
4. Talons of the Horned King (I have not read this one, but have read tons of stuff on how good it is and from what I've read on the overall idea of it, I can't not include it)
5. Devil in the Mists (smugglers cove's sequel)
6. In to the Wilds (see horned king comment above)
7. Aerie of the Crow God (Again never read it, but it got awards and sounds cool, so it's in)
8. Bloody Jacks Gold (great pirate story, I could see this including extras in it as a bonus, like the web extras, just in the book instead, lets face it Bloody Jack is a neat guy)
9. Rat King I & II
10. Any other awesome ones I have not read (which are the majority)

Part of the reason I'm writing this up is because I was just over at troll lord games (the website) looking at their modules and pulling up reviews on the web and more often that not the reviews were very mixed (I spent over 2 1/2 hours looking btw), there are in many cases, not all, glaring mistakes in the modules, like mention of a creature(s) but no stats or no maps or incorrect maps, etc. basically stuff I don't want to spend extra time fixing as a GM, also their modules seem too short (24 pgs on average, hey I'm already stabbing so what the hell). With the Dungeon Crawl line I've had very few problems with any of this sort of stuff, if at all and besides the technical, the stories are great and the fact you can drop each module into any setting is also a major plus (to me anyways). The Castles and Crusades lines needs more of these types of adventures (if you look at their modules [TLG's] many of them are 3 parters or more), so goodman games I know you guys are making some new DCC to C&C modules already, but think about making somemore, cuz the C&C line needs it (bad).
Cardinal
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Cardinal »

Saga of the Dragon Cult :twisted:
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Idylls of the Rat King
Bloody Jack's Gold
Aerie of the Crow God
Lost Tomb of the Sphinx Queen
The Scaley God
The Slithering Overlord (oh, look! it is a C&C module! Lovely :D This is actually the first one I got as a C&C module that I didn't have from before, all the rest I got doubles now )
Dungeon Interludes
Blackguard's Revenge
Devil in the Mists (c'mon we got Smuggler's cove .. )
Vault of the Iron Overlord
Sunken Ziggurat(!)
Jet Jaguar
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Top 10 DCC's you would like to see as C&C modules

Post by Jet Jaguar »

Chuul Killer wrote:I'm curious to find out what people would like to see crossed over to the C&C module line from DCC's. Might give an overall idea of what most ppl like (or is that what ppl like most?) in the DCC line, it also might give goodman games some insight too, I'll get the ball rolling.....
These are the ones I want to see!

1. The Scaly God (must have this one!)
2. Talons of the Horned King
3. The Dragonfiend Pact
4. Devil in the Mists
5. Into the Wilds

Also, any chance of a 1st Edition extended version of "Talons"? You know, like the special GenCon version of "Saga of the Witch Queen"? :D
moriarty777
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by moriarty777 »

I wouldn't mind seeing a C&C version of Castle Whiterock done up!

:lol:

Seriously though, the "Devil in the Mists" would be a natural choice but if we want to entertain the 'improbable', I think a conversion of DCC 29: "The Adventure Begins" would be absolutely awesome. I can also give two solid reasons as to why this would be a good idea:

- In part, Chuul Killer is right. A lot of their modules are part of series which haven't been completed yet (the 'A Series' has just come out with the 4th module in a 12 or 13 part saga) or take place in an area being developed. Aside from the Goodman Games conversions, the U series are the only non-campaign specific one which don't tie in with one another.

- Right now, major items of purchase for C&C are the Player's Handbook and the Monsters & Treasures book. Beyond that, someone looking to run a C&C game may be interested in investing in the CK screen. The rest are modules or campaign related material (both of which are beginning to build up). However, someone seriously looking to run a game and looking to buy a few adventures to start off would immediately see the value of buying an adventure 'hardback' which happens to have 20 adventures within! I know if something like that were available when I first picked up my C&C books, it would have picked it up with it (or very shortly there after) before I picked up any of the other modules.

Now I don't know how well these C&C conversions sell in relation to the rest of the regular DCC line. All I hope is that they continue to do well enough to continue justifying them.

M
Last edited by moriarty777 on Wed Nov 21, 2007 5:02 am, edited 2 times in total.
CharlieRock
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by CharlieRock »

Actually DCC#29 was my first DCC. I wasn't quite sure what to make of them but twenty pre-made adventures, especially when I was just getting back into gaming, was just too good to pass up.
Now I have a stack of both sides of the line. :D

Return to “DCC Modules - Alternate Systems (1E, C&C, etc.)”