DCC #2 Lost Vault of Tsathzar Rho "C&C Style"

Discussion of DCC modules published under 1E and C&C rules by Goodman Games, as well as conversions to other systems by fans.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

ragnar1965
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by ragnar1965 »

Again, I reiterate the creepiness of this module. All in all pretty enjoyable though.

I did want to elaborate on one thing regarding the final fight. After I killed the whip creature, I was able to cast Mage Armor on the ranger adding to Jedi's frustration with the dice rolls. I couldn't do a load of damage against Tsathzar Rho, but I guess I helped make sure the damage dealer stayed up. I know Mage Armor wasn't a C&C spell, but it is one of the spells we brought over for our house rules. I am so looking forward to about 7th level. All you wonderful authors need to keep putting just some incredibly cool and expensive wizard and cleric tools in these modules to get me levelled up FAST! :wink: (cause you know, it's all about me :P)
Forgiveness is between you and your maker. I'm just responsible for the meeting.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Harley Stroh wrote:Awesome rendition. Well run and well played!

//H
Thanks Harley. We had lots of fun. I tried my upmost to give out the eerie, "Lovecraft" feel the author intended.

Ragnar1965 continues to feel his PC is of little value and he and I go back and forth on this. I'll tell you this -- if nothing else playing a low-level spell caster will make his 10-level wizard all the more powerful. He is planning his spells to make the best use of resources. His high level magic-user started at 5th level, so Rangar1965 hasn't had to deal with restrictive spell limits until this PC.

Nightwing continues to grow as a role-player. He almost never asks which die is which any more. He shows a remarkable ability to confront a task or opponent in an almost James Bond (the original actor) approach.

Jediwife. What can I say, she's a mother of two small children and is in love with the elven archer from the Lord of the Rings. She is stuck in a grove she loves and, when in the room, adds a cool head to dangerous choices. The others continue to say she uses the "Ring of DM Control" but I deny any truth to it!

Shortly I'll make some time to post the next adventure the Threesome encountered. When I do, there'll be a link.
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

It's fun to see the players grow as the PCs advance. You're running a great campaign and I can't wait to read the next episode.

MUs in AD&D we're/are really tough. One 1st level spell a day? Ouch. But if a spellcaster can make it to 6th level ... Can't wait to hear how it goes.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Here we go again

Post by JediOre »

After we added up all the XP each PC went up a level. All were happy!

Here is the link to the next adventure DCC #14, part one:

http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/vie ... php?t=2902

Return to “DCC Modules - Alternate Systems (1E, C&C, etc.)”