DCC #29 -- Well of the Worms C&C Style

Discussion of DCC modules published under 1E and C&C rules by Goodman Games, as well as conversions to other systems by fans.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

DCC #29 -- Well of the Worms C&C Style

Post by JediOre »

I don't have time to do a write up of this mini-module, but it was a great Friday night excursion into epic fantasy.

Harley, my hat is off to you yet again.

Ragnar1965 & an old time friend of mine, Bryan, aka The Kid, rolled up three characters a piece in the hopes of tackling Necromancer's gruesome three-some (Crusable of Freya, Tomb of Abysthor (sp), and Rappen-Athik (sp)). Before they launched into it, we wanted a small module to let Bryan get a feel for Castles & Crusades.

Your module had the same feel of the Necromancer modules. I enjoyed taking them both through it. Bryan enjoyed it and for that I'm thankful. He is about to "hang up" RPGs altogether. He was disgusted with 3.X rules and my group had become slightly overwhelming in size. With just the three of us and the smoothness of the C&C rule set the Kid got into this adventure like I haven't seen in ages.

Keep writing them & I'll keep buying them.
Last edited by JediOre on Fri Jul 20, 2007 7:44 am, edited 1 time in total.
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: DCC #29 -- Well of the Worms

Post by Ogrepuppy »

JediOre wrote:He was disgusted with 3.X rules.
Oh man....tell me about it. As much as I prefer aspects of 3.5 over AD&D 2nd Ed, we got an assload more ROLE playing done in those days, rather than ROLL playing like we do now.

I'm sick to death of the expression "attack of opportunity."

:x

[/threadjack]
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Thanks for enjoying the adventure, Jedi. I'm glad it went well for your the Kid. It's an honor for Well to be the run-up for the (un)holy Necro Threesome. :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “DCC Modules - Alternate Systems (1E, C&C, etc.)”