Aereth/Punjar/Where to go next?

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

dragnsteph
Ill-Fated Peasant

Aereth/Punjar/Where to go next?

Post by dragnsteph »

So I had this really long post all typed out and the forum ate it :P A girl just can't get a break!

Anyway:

I am a relatively new DM. About a year and a half, 4 modules under my belt (I share DM duties with another member of the group, we play one set of characters for a while, then trade off so we each also get a chance to play).

My group has very much enjoyed the Punjar adventure path, and want to keep playing with these characters, but we have finished all three in the path (and also they did Mists of Madness early on) and I am not really feeling comfortable, just yet, with making things up from scratch.

It is my understanding that there is no plan at this point to release a "4e Aereth" setting. The 3.5 version is impossible to find, even if someone wanted to use it as a story reference only. Does anyone here have any suggestions on how I can allow my group to keep exploring without having to make up a lot of things just because the reference material is unavailable? Is there an internet source for such things as countries/cities/deities in this setting?

The final Punjar adventure would link nicely to taking the PCs to the Empire of Crieste/Kassantia and seeing what kind of trouble they can get into there, but I haven't been able to locate any kind of resources that would help me plan. I know I could just make it up, but I'm not sure I can do it justice and also worry about creating the encounters etc from scratch, not quite ready to have all of that on my plate at this point. Also, if the setting IS at some point available, I'd rather have everything as close to canon as possible.

If there are any existing 3.5 modules that people know would connect well to Punjar's backstory, I'd be willing to tackle a conversion, too. Just looking for ideas at this point.

Any help appreciated -

Thanks,
Stephanie
dragnsteph
Ill-Fated Peasant

Re: Aereth/Punjar/Where to go next?

Post by dragnsteph »

Any chance, also, that you all could update the Aereth map to show where the newer 4E adventures take place?

S
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

dragnsteph wrote:Any chance, also, that you all could update the Aereth map to show where the newer 4E adventures take place?
Good point...we should do that...I will see about getting that updated...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
dragnsteph
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by dragnsteph »

So I found the PDF of the Gazetteer and have bought it and am grateful it's available, I'm sad that I don't have a book, though :(

A quick question about the city of Vernaut - I see from other places on these forums that it is supposed to be located in MM3 on the electronic map, but I don't see it, am I blind, or is it not there?

S

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”