Punjar: The Tarnished jewel

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Belares
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Punjar: The Tarnished jewel

Post by Belares »

I saw that there was this module for Gameday 2008. I have no idea how to get it now. I do not see it anywhere for sale on site or at my gameshop. Any chance i can download it? I want to start a whole new campaign in Punjar and getting the Sellswords of Punjar and Scoins of Punjar. So any help would be apprecieted.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Re: Punjar: The Tarnished jewel

Post by Treebore »

Belares wrote:I saw that there was this module for Gameday 2008. I have no idea how to get it now. I do not see it anywhere for sale on site or at my gameshop. Any chance i can download it? I want to start a whole new campaign in Punjar and getting the Sellswords of Punjar and Scoins of Punjar. So any help would be apprecieted.
http://www.rpgnow.com/product_info.php? ... s_id=58550
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Wow. Good catch, Tree. I forgot it was available via pdf. :oops:

But note that this isn't an adventure module, only a primer for the city.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Harley Stroh wrote:Wow. Good catch, Tree. I forgot it was available via pdf. :oops:

But note that this isn't an adventure module, only a primer for the city.

//H

I found out its on PDF when I filled out that survey card to get it for free. Which still hasn't happened, btw. I sent the card in months ago. I got the Mysterious Tower the same way much faster, so I am wondering if my card was lost in transit.

I do have the Game Day copy though, which is what turned me onto the follow up modules.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
Belares
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Belares »

Thanks Treebore for the site. I didnt know it wasnt free but got it anyway. Started a new group in Punjar and wanted to know a bit more about it. The city adventure turned out to be a out of city adventure, thanks to the Mists of Madness, and the darned cursed idol that was won! Oh well they will be back in Punjar soon. Oh and thanks for the awesome stuuf Harley!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Thank you, Belares & Treebore! Punjar wouldn't be much without heroes to venture through its dusty streets.

//H

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Count Zero
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Zero »

I'm using Punjar for my campaign as well and we're having a blast. The next session will bring about the end of Sellswords. I gotta say, this has been the most fun I've had with D&D in years.
I'm the quiet neighbor with the big freezer.
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Harley Stroh wrote:Thank you, Belares & Treebore! Punjar wouldn't be much without heroes to venture through its dusty streets.
"...through its muddy streets."

Corrected for the sake of all that rain and drizzle that's always falling on Punjar... or is that just the corner of town Sellswords takes place in...?
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Count Zero
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Zero »

GnomeBoy wrote:
Harley Stroh wrote:Thank you, Belares & Treebore! Punjar wouldn't be much without heroes to venture through its dusty streets.
"...through its muddy streets."

Corrected for the sake of all that rain and drizzle that's always falling on Punjar... or is that just the corner of town Sellswords takes place in...?
I think that's just Smoke. It has a literal dark cloud hanging over it at all times. :)
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Ah! But I did a bit of research trying to justify weather patterns than allow me to have the best of both worlds.

But yeah, in Smoke? Like any good noir setting, it always seems to be be raining. ;)

//H

Count Zero
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Zero »

Harley Stroh wrote:Ah! But I did a bit of research trying to justify weather patterns than allow me to have the best of both worlds.

But yeah, in Smoke? Like any good noir setting, it always seems to be be raining. ;)

//H
Don't think your efforts have gone unnoticed Harley! :)

On a kinda/sorta related topic, are there any plans to expand the areas around Punjar or even the city itself? I know the 4E Gazetteer is in the pipeline but I was curious about city sourcebooks. I'm perfectly content making up my own people and places within Punjar but sometimes its nice to have some official material.
Belares
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Belares »

Quick question. I was wondering, how far from Punjar into the Great Black Swamp, did you think was the Black Spire for Mists of Madness. I at first thought it was right near the hamlet outside of the walls of Punjar and it was the Spiderhaunt spire(on the color map of Punjar). I figured that was not the case. I didnt really worry about it, but it seems maybe farther in would be better. I mean it is supposed to be hidden, sorta. LOL
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

You're right, Belares. The Spiderhaunt Spire is an entirely different adventure setting, one that will need a bit more space than Mists.

If you follow the swamp 10 - 15 miles inland, you will encounter the ruined keep at the base of the spire. :)

//H

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”