Is there going to be a 4th ed. Gazeteer of the Known Realms?

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

Autolycus
Gongfarmer

Is there going to be a 4th ed. Gazeteer of the Known Realms?

Post by Autolycus »

Hello everyone,
first of all I would like to appologise if this question has already been asked, but I did search the forums and the website and could not find anything that answered my question; but then again I may just have missed it. My question is, shall there be a 4th edition version of the Gazeteer of the Known Realms, whether just updating the old stats or a completely fresh campaign world for DCC?

I have been interested in Goodman Games for sometime and have just bought my first DCC this week, Sellswords of Punjar, and I am very impressed by it! The presentation, writing, story and value for money are all excellent! I am now about to start a 4th ed. D&D campaign and would very much like to run it in Aereth!

Any information that anyone can give on this subject would be very much appreciated.

Many thanks, Autolyucus
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: Is there going to be a 4th ed. Gazeteer of the Known Realms?

Post by Harley Stroh »

Auto,

Welcome to the boards!

Yes, there will be a setting product along the lines you're describing, and it will build off of the previous Áereth material. It will do much more than update stats, providing new material for your campaign world. If all the pieces fall into place, it should be out the end of this summer.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Autolycus
Gongfarmer

Post by Autolycus »

Many thanks Harley, you have just made my day! I shall keep my eyes for the new setting on the website and at my flgs! In the meantime I shall just have to run my players through the current 4E DCCs starting with their encoutner with the Beggar King!

Many thanks again, Autolycus.
Syffin
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Syffin »

When you say end of the summer . . . should I be reading that as Gen Con?

I made a special trip down last year just to pick Sellswords and Dragora, I would defineatly have to come down this year for a campaign setting!
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

:twisted:

Syffin, your Know Language (Publisher) skill is dialed in. Although in this case, I can't promise it for Gen Con yet. Please don't get airline tickets just for this. :) It's an ambitious project and the hurdle we can't control is getting it back from the printer in time. Multiple components + variable printing time = flexible release date.

We considered trying to send it to the printer sooner, but then the quality suffers. I want to make sure that the writers have the time to make this release rock, so that we can build on it going forward.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”