Shadowhold v. Shadowfell

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

StatelyWayne
Gongfarmer

Shadowhold v. Shadowfell

Post by StatelyWayne »

Sorry if this covered somewhere else on these boards -- a search has come up with bupkus:

Is the Shadowhold of "Sellswords of Punjar" analogous to the Shadowfell of Wizards of the Coast? Or are there supplementary materials from Goodman or others that flesh out this realm?

BTW, we're loving the oozing pus out of "Sellswords" (and Punjar in particular). Great setting, very vivid, loads of color, and more hooks than a tackle box!
Renshai
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re: Shadowhold v. Shadowfell

Post by Renshai »

I'm not sure what the official answer is, but in my campaign I used the Shadowhold as a location somewhere within Shadowfell. It's mirrored location is somewhere in Punjar, I'm not sure where but that will be for a later date ;)
Life is cruel, in the tarnished jewel...
--Old Thom, Smoke, Punjar
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Renshai wrote:I'm not sure what the official answer is, but in my campaign I used the Shadowhold as a location somewhere within Shadowfell. It's mirrored location is somewhere in Punjar, I'm not sure where but that will be for a later date ;)
Awesome idea.
StatelyWayne
Gongfarmer

Post by StatelyWayne »

xredjasonx wrote:
Renshai wrote:I'm not sure what the official answer is, but in my campaign I used the Shadowhold as a location somewhere within Shadowfell. It's mirrored location is somewhere in Punjar, I'm not sure where but that will be for a later date ;)
Awesome idea.
Double great idea. Since "Shadow" seems to a tangible substance in this campaign, maybe Shadowhold is some kind of prison or storage closet for an ancient, forbidden creatures in Shadowfell. Maybe Shadow is aboriginal to the Shadowfell since before time, and was displaced by the forces of Undeath as the departed souls of earliest life needed somewhere to go... Anybody buying this? ;)
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Rad. I picture an even more evil version of Punjar, ruled by some tyrannical necromancer and maybe policed by some type of dark warlock knights instead of the dragonne.

Maybe the Great Black Swamp in the Shadowhold is a vast swampy graveyard, an immense version of the City of the Dead in Punjar spilled out to cover the entire area.

I can totally picture it.
DangerDwarf
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by DangerDwarf »

That'd be a pretty sweet mix with "The Outbreak" Campaign Arc idea in Open Grave.

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”