DCC #53 Actual Play Recordings from Gamer's Haven Podcast

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

terrestrialboy
Ill-Fated Peasant

DCC #53 Actual Play Recordings from Gamer's Haven Podcast

Post by terrestrialboy »

The Gamer's Haven podcast in association with The Vorpal Network, with the cooperation of Goodman Games, is proud to present ...

Dungeon Crawl Classics #53 - Sellswords of Punjar Actual Play!

The Gamer's Haven podcast and The Vorpal Network are proud to present, in cooperation with Goodman Games, Dungeon Crawl Classics #53 -- Sellswords of Punjar!

Deep within the heart of the slums, in the rat-ridden city of Punjar, the Beggar-King weaves his plots. Unearthing rites best left forgotten and offering up sacrifices to the loathsome Lords of Shade, the Beggar-King's ambitions threaten to unleash a horde of shadow-horrors upon Punjar's huddled masses.

You and your fellow companions must bring the reign of the Beggar-King to an end. Your quest will take you from the rooftops of Punjar to its filthiest alleys, and beneath the streets of Punjar to the fetid heart of the city, where even the bravest of sellswords will tremble before the fell secrets of the Beggar-King of Punjar.

An introductory adventure designed specifically for first level characters, Sellswords of Punjar is an urban Dungeon Crawl Classic unlike any other. It includes a full-color double-sided battle map to allow your characters to fully experience the perils of Punjar! This stand-alone adventure can also be used to launch a campaign in the epic fantasy world of Áereth.

A new episode will be posted each week until the adventure is completed, and I will be dropping by to let people know that the episode is available!

You can listen to Episode Zero - Character Creation.

You can listen to Episode One - Into the Beggar King's Demense.

You can listen to Episode Two - Trouble Brewing.

You can listen to Episode Three - Did you hear something?.

You can subscribe to the Actual Play Feed.

Last edited by terrestrialboy on Tue Oct 07, 2008 5:56 am, edited 2 times in total.
Arawn76
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: DCC #53 Actual Play Recordings from Gamer's Haven Podcast

Post by Arawn76 »

Listening now and enjoying very much :D
The beauty of the soul shines out when a man bears with composure one heavy mischance after another, not because he does not feel them, but because he is a man of high and heroic temper"

"Birthright" on the WOTC forums or "Birthright" at The Piazza.
terrestrialboy
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by terrestrialboy »

Episode 3 has been posted.
Count Fosco
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Count Fosco »

Hi All - I am new to the forums.

Sorry to break bring back an old discussion on my first post but holy cow these guys didn't get very far.

It is cool a group like that can have so much fun even when the players don't achieve much.

It sounded like the DM was a little hard on them from time to time (I might have let them rest a little before the Otyugh) but the players really didn't work together until it was too late. Specifically I am thinking of the dude that had to go up the stairs and peak through the curtain while the others were picking the locks.

I've read other after action reports on Sellswords here to think that the adventure isn't THAT tough - or am I wrong. Is there a consensus amongst you Sellswords of Pujar vets on what this party could have done differently?

BTW I have the adventure but I have not played 4e (or 3.5e or 2e for that matter but that is another story).

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”