Goodman Games
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/

DCC Ethos
http://www.goodman-games.com/forums/viewtopic.php?f=61&t=5058
Page 2 of 2

Author:  frank5471uk [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 9:58 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

My next Terrain Project was much simpler. Again cardstock based (yes, that castle was built entirely from paper !!), this time it was a pretty straightforward sewer system. Simple, but rather effective I found.

Image

Image

Image

Image

Image

Next up, Lair of the Dragon God !!

Frank

Author:  Treebore [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 11:22 am ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

Hi jack away!

Awesome pics!

Who do you buy your buildings from? I buy most of mine from Fat Dragon Games, who has stuff in an upcoming DCC, and some stuff from World Werks. Your castle and town looks like World Werks stuff.

Author:  frank5471uk [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 12:15 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

Treebore wrote:
Hi jack away!

Awesome pics!

Who do you buy your buildings from? I buy most of mine from Fat Dragon Games, who has stuff in an upcoming DCC, and some stuff from World Werks. Your castle and town looks like World Werks stuff.


Hi Treebore

All of the Castle PDFs came from Worldworks Games (the CastleWorks Ultimate and InteriorWorks : Castles and Keeps sets to be specific). There are a couple of props from other WWG sets and also a fair number of Dwarven Forge (more about them in a later post) props as well. Anyone not familiar with them should check them out at (hope this doesn't break a forum rule).

http://www.worldworksgames.com

The village consisted of buildings from WWGs VillageWorks set as well as some buildings that used to be on free download from WoTC, but aren't available any longer. The trees and some of the fencing came from various ready made terrain suppliers.

The sewer system is largely from a WorldWorks Games set called Gothic Realms, modified by another WWG prodeuct called Missing Persons.

I noticed the Fat Dragon props in one of the recent DCCs. I haven't got any Fat Dragon PDFs myself, but I am sure they do good work as well.

Frank

Author:  Treebore [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:20 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

:oops:

For some reason I thought World Works was spelled with an "e".

Now I know that Castle looks familiar for a reason. Yes, Fat Dragon does nice work too, but mostly far simpler stuff than WWG does.

You can check out FD's stuff here:

http://www.fatdragongames.com/

Author:  Treebore [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 1:22 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

Oh, and what weight card stock do you use?

Author:  frank5471uk [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 2:28 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

Treebore wrote:
Oh, and what weight card stock do you use?


I almost always use 200 gsm cardstock (which I am 99% sure equates to 110lb in the US).

Frank

Author:  Treebore [ Sun Sep 28, 2008 3:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

frank5471uk wrote:
Treebore wrote:
Oh, and what weight card stock do you use?


I almost always use 200 gsm cardstock (which I am 99% sure equates to 110lb in the US).

Frank


Your probably right. I think I also spotted some thin foam board in a couple of places.

Author:  DCCfan [ Sun Oct 05, 2008 3:21 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

I'm a little late to this topic. The first half was interesting, but the second sub subject was way cool. Your group is very lucky to have you. That is way more effort than anyone has ever put into running a game I've ever played in. Your pictures look great. Even your first effort looks good. I think it's cool that you take the time to provide such a wonderful experience for your players.

Author:  GnomeBoy [ Sun Oct 05, 2008 7:33 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

Those beat to tatters the cardboard and hot glue rooms I made for White Plume Mountain... :cry:

Author:  frank5471uk [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 2:58 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

DCCfan wrote:
I'm a little late to this topic. The first half was interesting, but the second sub subject was way cool. Your group is very lucky to have you. That is way more effort than anyone has ever put into running a game I've ever played in. Your pictures look great. Even your first effort looks good. I think it's cool that you take the time to provide such a wonderful experience for your players.


Thanks DCCfan

I'll try and get around to posting the pics I have of the Lair of the Dragon God this weekend. Hopefully you'll like those as well.

Frank

Author:  frank5471uk [ Wed Oct 08, 2008 3:03 pm ]
Post subject:  Re: DCC Ethos

GnomeBoy wrote:
Those beat to tatters the cardboard and hot glue rooms I made for White Plume Mountain... :cry:


Thanks again. These builds do take time, but it's amazing how a few simple buildings or walls can help the experience. Of course, for those who have more money than time, there is always Dwarven Forge :evil:

I am working on a dark cathedral at the moment, situated on a plane of Hell. It s starting to look amazing, but there is lots to do to finish it before the Nov weekend. Again, I'll post some pix when it is done.

Frank

Page 2 of 2 All times are UTC - 8 hours
Powered by phpBB® Forum Software © phpBB Group
https://www.phpbb.com/