DCC Ethos

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: DCC Ethos

Post by frank5471uk »

My next Terrain Project was much simpler. Again cardstock based (yes, that castle was built entirely from paper !!), this time it was a pretty straightforward sewer system. Simple, but rather effective I found.

Next up, Lair of the Dragon God !!

Frank
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Hi jack away!

Awesome pics!

Who do you buy your buildings from? I buy most of mine from Fat Dragon Games, who has stuff in an upcoming DCC, and some stuff from World Werks. Your castle and town looks like World Werks stuff.
Castles and Crusades is my game of choice!
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

Treebore wrote:Hi jack away!

Awesome pics!

Who do you buy your buildings from? I buy most of mine from Fat Dragon Games, who has stuff in an upcoming DCC, and some stuff from World Werks. Your castle and town looks like World Werks stuff.
Hi Treebore

All of the Castle PDFs came from Worldworks Games (the CastleWorks Ultimate and InteriorWorks : Castles and Keeps sets to be specific). There are a couple of props from other WWG sets and also a fair number of Dwarven Forge (more about them in a later post) props as well. Anyone not familiar with them should check them out at (hope this doesn't break a forum rule).

http://www.worldworksgames.com

The village consisted of buildings from WWGs VillageWorks set as well as some buildings that used to be on free download from WoTC, but aren't available any longer. The trees and some of the fencing came from various ready made terrain suppliers.

The sewer system is largely from a WorldWorks Games set called Gothic Realms, modified by another WWG prodeuct called Missing Persons.

I noticed the Fat Dragon props in one of the recent DCCs. I haven't got any Fat Dragon PDFs myself, but I am sure they do good work as well.

Frank
There are 10 types of people in the world. Those that understand binary and those that don't.
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

:oops:

For some reason I thought World Works was spelled with an "e".

Now I know that Castle looks familiar for a reason. Yes, Fat Dragon does nice work too, but mostly far simpler stuff than WWG does.

You can check out FD's stuff here:

http://www.fatdragongames.com/
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

Oh, and what weight card stock do you use?
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

Treebore wrote:Oh, and what weight card stock do you use?
I almost always use 200 gsm cardstock (which I am 99% sure equates to 110lb in the US).

Frank
Treebore
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by Treebore »

frank5471uk wrote:
Treebore wrote:Oh, and what weight card stock do you use?
I almost always use 200 gsm cardstock (which I am 99% sure equates to 110lb in the US).

Frank
Your probably right. I think I also spotted some thin foam board in a couple of places.
DCCfan
Steely-Eyed Heathen-Slayer
FLGS: The Comics Club

Post by DCCfan »

I'm a little late to this topic. The first half was interesting, but the second sub subject was way cool. Your group is very lucky to have you. That is way more effort than anyone has ever put into running a game I've ever played in. Your pictures look great. Even your first effort looks good. I think it's cool that you take the time to provide such a wonderful experience for your players.
"When creating your character,choose an ethical system that can justify nearly any fit of temper, greed, cowardice, or vindictiveness, for example, Chaotic Violent..."

THE PROTOCOLS, ADVANCED PROTOCOL #10
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Those beat to tatters the cardboard and hot glue rooms I made for White Plume Mountain... :cry:
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

DCCfan wrote:I'm a little late to this topic. The first half was interesting, but the second sub subject was way cool. Your group is very lucky to have you. That is way more effort than anyone has ever put into running a game I've ever played in. Your pictures look great. Even your first effort looks good. I think it's cool that you take the time to provide such a wonderful experience for your players.
Thanks DCCfan

I'll try and get around to posting the pics I have of the Lair of the Dragon God this weekend. Hopefully you'll like those as well.

Frank
frank5471uk
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by frank5471uk »

GnomeBoy wrote:Those beat to tatters the cardboard and hot glue rooms I made for White Plume Mountain... :cry:
Thanks again. These builds do take time, but it's amazing how a few simple buildings or walls can help the experience. Of course, for those who have more money than time, there is always Dwarven Forge :evil:

I am working on a dark cathedral at the moment, situated on a plane of Hell. It s starting to look amazing, but there is lots to do to finish it before the Nov weekend. Again, I'll post some pix when it is done.

Frank

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”