Ship Dates for 4E Modules

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Ship Dates for 4E Modules

Post by goodmangames »

The first three 4E releases will be in stores the week of September 2, and will be these titles:

DCC #53: Sellswords of Punjar
Master Dungeons M1: Dragora's Dungeon
Character Codex

The next wave will follow shortly thereafter... I will post details of that timing when it's confirmed.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Re: Ship Dates for 4E Modules

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Are you going to resume the DCC subscription option?

Pleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleasepleaseplease?

With sugar on top?
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

Will be buying them the day they become available. :)
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, subscriber copies will be shipping out next week.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

goodmangames wrote:Yes, subscriber copies will be shipping out next week.
*Gnomeboy braces himself for Ogrepuppy's multi-octave, high-pitched squeeing with delight*

[Yes, I typed 'squeeing'...]
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

:: deep basso baritone a la Isaac Hayes::

Thanks.

(I like to zig when Gnomie expects me to zag)
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Ogrepuppy wrote::: deep basso baritone a la Isaac Hayes::
Cripes! With my fingers in my ears, I felt that from the toes up!

Nice zig. :)
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
Istor
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Istor »

I'd like to subscribe, but I bought everything that was available at Gencon, everything new that is. Should I wait to send in the form until those modules are exhausted? I don't see anywhere on the form that says "start after 'this' module has shipped".
Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Nahat Anoj »

Does anyone know if major chains like Borders will release these adventures on the 2nd?
Mongol Warlord: Dungeon Master, what is best in life?
Dungeon Master: To crush the characters, see their sheets pile before you, and to hear the lamentation of the players.
Mongol Warlord: That is good!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

The hobby trade will get these modules before the book chains, and even then the book chains are ordering light because these modules don't have spines (e.g., stapled binding). You can still place special orders, and some book chains have placed orders. Our later releases for this year, the ones with spines, will have a deeper presence in the book trade.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Nahat Anoj
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Nahat Anoj »

goodmangames wrote:The hobby trade will get these modules before the book chains, and even then the book chains are ordering light because these modules don't have spines (e.g., stapled binding). You can still place special orders, and some book chains have placed orders. Our later releases for this year, the ones with spines, will have a deeper presence in the book trade.
Thanks!
Mongol Warlord: Dungeon Master, what is best in life?
Dungeon Master: To crush the characters, see their sheets pile before you, and to hear the lamentation of the players.
Mongol Warlord: That is good!
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

Istor wrote:I'd like to subscribe, but I bought everything that was available at Gencon, everything new that is. Should I wait to send in the form until those modules are exhausted? I don't see anywhere on the form that says "start after 'this' module has shipped".
Mr. Goodman is generally very good about asking questions when you sign up for the subscription. If you jot down a note "begin after DCC #56" or somesuch I'm sure he'll accomodate.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Yes, exactly what Ogrepuppy said... just enclose a note letting us know when to start.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
Xeveninti
Gongfarmer

Post by Xeveninti »

Subscription? One can get a subscription? Very nice!

This is my first post here. Hello!
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Xeveninti wrote:Subscription? One can get a subscription? Very nice!

Hello! Welcome to the boards. The subscription details can be found by clicking the "Subscription" button on the left of this page:

http://www.goodman-games.com/dungeoncrawlclassics.html
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JZavoda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JZavoda »

goodmangames wrote:
Xeveninti wrote:Subscription? One can get a subscription? Very nice!

Hello! Welcome to the boards. The subscription details can be found by clicking the "Subscription" button on the left of this page:

http://www.goodman-games.com/dungeoncrawlclassics.html
It's a shame you don't take paypal for subscriptions.

Also, can you update your linking page? Your new realease of DCC#30 boxed keeps getting my hopes up only to have them dashed when I realize that this is sold out.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

JZavoda wrote:Also, can you update your linking page? Your new realease of DCC#30 boxed keeps getting my hopes up only to have them dashed when I realize that this is sold out.
"Linking page"... which is that? Can you give me a direct link?

Thanks,
Joseph
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JZavoda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JZavoda »

goodmangames wrote:
JZavoda wrote:Also, can you update your linking page? Your new realease of DCC#30 boxed keeps getting my hopes up only to have them dashed when I realize that this is sold out.
"Linking page"... which is that? Can you give me a direct link?

Thanks,
Joseph
The link you provided in this thread takes you directly to a page of new releases, one of which is DCC#30 tournament edition. which is unfortunately sold out, so it is a bit of tease to leave it up there. Just try clicking the link you provided in your post and you should see what I mean.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Ah. It's sold out in our warehouse. Some retailers and distributors may still have it on our shelves. We continue to promote it to assist them in selling what they have purchased.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JZavoda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JZavoda »

goodmangames wrote:Ah. It's sold out in our warehouse. Some retailers and distributors may still have it on our shelves. We continue to promote it to assist them in selling what they have purchased.
Believe me I've contacted just about every retailer out there. This puppy is gone, baby gone. I wouldn't even mind paying ebay inflated prices but no one is offering up a DCC#30 tournament boxed set.

NOTE: The DCC series has moved into legendary status and some of the tournament editions are only going to become available when they are pulled from the cold dead hands of collectors. Of course that all comes to a crashing halt with the appalling non-classic look of the new releases and 4e. The end of an era sale going on right now will be remembered fondly by collectors and resellers like a dream of finding buried treasure. I know several collectors are stocking up, waiting for all the old classic DCC series to be sold out. the funny thing is that some of these modules are selling for more on ebay used then you guys are selling as new.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Last time I was at Games Plus, they still had a shrink wrapped copy...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JZavoda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JZavoda »

goodmangames wrote:Last time I was at Games Plus, they still had a shrink wrapped copy...
I'll have to check, but some places list them as in stock, like troll & toad till you try to order them then you find out they are listed as being on back-order.

And, please, go back to the classic look or call them Dungeon Crawl Modern. Calling the new artwork 'classic' makes no sense.

NOTE: Games Plus doesn't have their inventory online, they don't accept paypal and their contact info requires a download since it doesn't seem compatable with windows vista.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

JZavoda wrote:And, please, go back to the classic look or call them Dungeon Crawl Modern. Calling the new artwork 'classic' makes no sense.
Have you read one of our 4E modules yet?
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
JZavoda
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by JZavoda »

goodmangames wrote:
JZavoda wrote:And, please, go back to the classic look or call them Dungeon Crawl Modern. Calling the new artwork 'classic' makes no sense.
Have you read one of our 4E modules yet?
I have to convert all these back to 1e. What made the pre-modern art DCCs so appealing to start with is that the artwork was immediately useful to me to show players. Your content may be excellent or it may be crap, I don't know yet, but I do know your artwork isn't classic anymore.
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

It's interesting to me to hear how the 4E modules are being perceived. All the interior art is by Doug Kovacs, who has been illustrating the DCC series since #17: Legacy of the Savage Kings. He's famous among some of the hard-core DCC fans for dating his illustrations from the 80's. The cover art is by Eric Lofgren, who has also illustrated assorted DCC's over the years, as far back as #35: Gazetteer of the Known Realms. The 4E cover design is new, but it's the same artists, writers, editors, playtesters, etc. And of course the DCC series started with digital art... the covers to the first printings of DCC #1 and DCC #2 were 100% digital. Those digital covers were popular enough to launch the series.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”