4e screen

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

4e screen

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

Are we going to see a 4e screen quickly from GG?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

Maybe... it depends on how the Wizards screen turns out. If theirs has room for improvement, we'll see what we can do...
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com
N'Haaz-aua
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by N'Haaz-aua »

Let me ask you this, when was the last time that any incarnation of tsr/wotc/etc ever produced a decent screen? :wink:
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

N'Haaz-aua wrote:Let me ask you this, when was the last time that any incarnation of tsr/wotc/etc ever produced a decent screen? :wink:
...That one with the orange edges and the separate psionics screen had pretty cool art....
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

goodmangames wrote:Maybe... it depends on how the Wizards screen turns out. If theirs has room for improvement, we'll see what we can do...
This is the reason I just signed up for the forum here.

For 4E I plan on subscribing to and running the DCC's, as an adventure path if I can, and I'm hoping that a DM Screen will come out early on. This game will be a side game to the ones my DM will be running and so I know he's gonna use the WotC one, plus I want one with the look and feel of the old school as that's the type of adventures that mine will be. How can we convince Goodman Games to release a screen along with the first 4E module? ;)
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

GnomeBoy wrote:
N'Haaz-aua wrote:Let me ask you this, when was the last time that any incarnation of tsr/wotc/etc ever produced a decent screen? :wink:
...That one with the orange edges and the separate psionics screen had pretty cool art....
Yes, the screens put out by TSR in the early '80s were excellent.
Last edited by JediOre on Tue Mar 11, 2008 1:04 pm, edited 1 time in total.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

I'd love to see a Goodman 4E DM screen. If you could incorporate something like the Paizo combat/initiative pad (the one with the magnets) for 4E, I would be so pleased that I'd throw sweaty wads of rolled up cash at Joseph Goodman.
Dark Oracle of Gaming
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Post by xredjasonx »

fathead wrote:I'd love to see a Goodman 4E DM screen. If you could incorporate something like the Paizo combat/initiative pad (the one with the magnets) for 4E, I would be so pleased that I'd throw sweaty wads of rolled up cash at Joseph Goodman.
Paizo has been very wishy-washy about whether or not they are going to support 4E, about how much they are going to support it. They've also been a little jerky about it. I've actually stopped buying from Paizo altogether.

I think right now would be the best time for Goodman Games to step up and compete with Paizo more that they already are on these types of things. If GG gets the ball rolling now for 4E they can gain a lot of business by providing to those of us who will be playing 4E right off the bat with all the gaming materials we need. A Pathfinder type adventure path/campaign setting would be cool too. I also think most people who are hesitant about it will eventually make the switch after it's been out for a short while, so I think as a business decision it would be a smart one to pump out these products as early as possible. I'm ready and waiting anyway... 8)
Ogrepuppy
Tight-Lipped Warlock

Post by Ogrepuppy »

fathead wrote:I would be so pleased that I'd throw sweaty wads of rolled up cash at Joseph Goodman.
Man. Tell me about it.

Like we aren't going to do that anyway.
fathead
Cold-Blooded Diabolist

Post by fathead »

Has anyone seen the Kenzer Co. Hackmaster GM screen? I always thought that was well done (minus the joke material like a pizza chart with toppings).

I'd love to see Goodman Games produce the "Ultimate DMs screen".
Dark Oracle of Gaming
xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: 4e screen

Post by xredjasonx »

So has there been any plans regarding the 4E screen?
jason.richardson
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Re:

Post by jason.richardson »

fathead wrote:Has anyone seen the Kenzer Co. Hackmaster GM screen? I always thought that was well done (minus the joke material like a pizza chart with toppings).

I'd love to see Goodman Games produce the "Ultimate DMs screen".
Back when I ran HackMaster, the Pizza Matrix was used almost every game session.
Hamakto
Mighty-Thewed Reaver

Re:

Post by Hamakto »

xredjasonx wrote:
fathead wrote:I'd love to see a Goodman 4E DM screen. If you could incorporate something like the Paizo combat/initiative pad (the one with the magnets) for 4E, I would be so pleased that I'd throw sweaty wads of rolled up cash at Joseph Goodman.
Paizo has been very wishy-washy about whether or not they are going to support 4E, about how much they are going to support it. They've also been a little jerky about it. I've actually stopped buying from Paizo altogether.

I think right now would be the best time for Goodman Games to step up and compete with Paizo more that they already are on these types of things. If GG gets the ball rolling now for 4E they can gain a lot of business by providing to those of us who will be playing 4E right off the bat with all the gaming materials we need. A Pathfinder type adventure path/campaign setting would be cool too. I also think most people who are hesitant about it will eventually make the switch after it's been out for a short while, so I think as a business decision it would be a smart one to pump out these products as early as possible. I'm ready and waiting anyway... 8)
I hope that GG can profit from the 4e release as they are one of the best 3pp out there... if not THE best. But regretfully, all I am going to be buying/stocking up on is the 3.5e DCC's and will not being getting any 4e modules/supplements in the forseeable future.

Good luck!
Andy
Blood Kings
2007 & 2008 DCC Tourney Champion

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”