4E DCC

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

numbering system

Post by joela »

Harley Stroh wrote:
Keolander wrote:Im not so sure about the artwork for the new DCCs. While I will be buying the 4E PHB, I'm merely doing so to rip stuff out for Castles & Crusades, but the new art seems to dispense with the 'Classics' element in favour of the new high fantasy drek. I had thought the DCCs were supposed to appeal to the 'old school'-style, only with modern production values.

::shrugs::
I'm sorry you don't like the cover art, but I can assure you that the content is still old-school DCC goodness.

//H
Mr. Stroh,

Congrats on writing two of the new modules. I'm curious: do you know why GG continued the module number schema instead of starting at #1?
What do you mean no?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Re: 4E DCC

Post by Harley Stroh »

At some point we hope to convert all 50 previous adventures to the latest edition of Dungeons and Dragons. Madness, but that's what editors like Blackdirge are for.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

conversion

Post by joela »

Harley Stroh wrote:At some point we hope to convert all 50 previous adventures to the latest edition of Dungeons and Dragons. Madness, but that's what editors like Blackdirge are for. //H
You may want to double-check that with Joseph if what Lisa over at Paizo states is true.
Lisa Stevens wrote:
joela wrote: According to this flyer, there will be a free conversion pdf available after August 1st.
Just to let everyone know, that flyer was done back when Joseph Goodman thought that he would be able to do PDF conversions. Now it looks like the GSL is going to make that impossible (of course, we still haven't seen the GSL, so that could change). Joseph was giving Scott Rouse a bunch of crap at GTS for making his flyers obsolete and full of wrong information. :)

-Lisa
What do you mean no?
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

:) Here I have to note that *none* of us have seen the license yet.

Why did we not begin renumbering? Because we hope to convert past DCCs to 4e.

Will that be possible? Don't know until we see the license.

It will be an interesting time, for sure, once this all shakes out. :)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
bsf
Gongfarmer

Post by bsf »

Based on WotC's statements on what appears to be in the GSL, it sounds like you would need to remove all the DCC that are not GSL as soon as the first one is released. Then you could release them as they are converted.

If that actually holds true, then all of us looking for DCC released under a different license would have until the first GSL DCC was released to pick up stuff we like.

IF this turns out to be correct, it looks like we will have until October 1st to pick up older stuff. Or perhaps a little later, if the new DCCs aren't ready for release before then.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

interesting times

Post by joela »

Harley Stroh wrote:It will be an interesting time, for sure, once this all shakes out. :)
What's the proverb? May you live in interesting times.... :wink:
What do you mean no?
PeelSeel2
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by PeelSeel2 »

At issue is the D20 logo. All products that use that must be liquidated. Now a publisher could have stickers printed up that block the d20 logo, thus replacing it on stock, and making the product perfectly sellable past the d20 liquidation date. However, that may be a big pain in the $$s and in the end not worth the money. Liquidation of previous stock is where it is at.
joela
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

liquidation

Post by joela »

PeelSeel2 wrote:However, that may be a big pain in the $$s and in the end not worth the money. Liquidation of previous stock is where it is at.
I've already posted asking Mr. Goodman when's the GG massive sale. :twisted: Sorry, but 20% just doesn't cut it. :wink:
What do you mean no?
Hybban
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by Hybban »

I really hope that you will be able to produce 4th edition material for GenCon, because WotC people said that they want third party release only for october this year to be sure that people would have enough time to produce quality material for their game.

I hoped that I could get my hands on some books during GenCon (and run some modules ;) )

Hyb'
trancejeremy
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by trancejeremy »

Looking at those covers really drives home that it's an end of an era. Not that they look bad, just a completely different vibe that the previous DCCs had. These actually look a lot like Pathfinder modules from Paizo (especially ironic given they are sticking with 3.x)

Hopefully I can snap up all the 3.x DCCs I don't have before they are gone for good, especially Whiterock.
welland_warrior
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Post by welland_warrior »

I would have gone with the look of the Basic D&D "B" series modules like Horror on the Hill. Very cool and sticks with the Dungeon Crawl Classics theme.

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”