4e goodman covers.

For discussion of DCC modules published for D&D 4E.

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, Harley Stroh

xredjasonx
Deft-Handed Cutpurse

Re: 4e goodman covers.

Post by xredjasonx »

I pictured my wizard to be a sort of frail bookwormish type with shoulderlength blonde hair, so when we start Thunderspire Labrynth, I'm going to use the new eladrin pyromancer mini:

magehammer
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by magehammer »

As you have no doubt noticed, our resident Eladrin wizard is currently represented by that very figure...

Here is the page of our Hall of Heroes. Also accessible from the link on my magehammer's realm website.

http://magehammer.googlepages.com/stars ... llofheroes

D&D is fun, no?

:D
"Sometimes I feel like a 1st level wizard in a 15th level dungeon." -- Eliot Resol
Ramone
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Ramone »

So far, I'm liking the covers. Though, one of the charming things about the first series was the variety of artists and styles. I hope GG is continues that tradition.

:D
Tyger77
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Tyger77 »

How 'bout alternate covers for the PDF versions?

If GG can't spare the resources, someone else with a little Photoshop experience could probably whip up some alternate classic covers for all the new 4E DCC's. That would even make a great web enhancement to post on the site.

I'd try it myself, but someone would have to tell me the correct fonts etc (I'm sort of a perfectionist), and I'm sure there's plenty of people who could do it better than me.

The new ones look nice, but I really prefer the 1E look. That's kind of what DCC is all about for me.

Ty
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

Tyger77 wrote:If GG can't spare the resources, someone else with a little Photoshop experience could probably whip up some alternate classic covers for all the new 4E DCC's. That would even make a great web enhancement to post on the site.
Can't spare the resources? C'mon, Tyger. :)

We've heard and noted the desire for the traditional DCC covers and have alternatives in the works. Nothing we can announce yet, but know that you haven't been ignored.

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
tacojohn4547
Hard-Bitten Adventurer

Post by tacojohn4547 »

magehammer wrote:...
I will reiterate what some have stated here: It is the adventures feeling old school that is important...even if the old school is 2E, which is indisputably old school, that is fine with me....
As one of the certified old farts that hang out here, I'm going to have to respectfully disagree with this opinion. Realizing that what constitutes 'old school' for any one person is a subjective thing, 2nd edition is pretty uniformly recognized as not being old school. Out of print, yes. But old school? No, not really.

Indeed, in my experience most self-labeled old school gamers are of the opinion that 2nd edition came along about 5 (or 8) years after TSR quit doing old school.
magehammer wrote:...
Punjar definitely feels old school and pleasingly gritty, almost Greyhawkian...
This observation I would agree with. Punjar is very similar in flavor to the grittiness of Greyhawk (and Lankmar for that matter).

tacojohn
JediOre
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by JediOre »

Hear, hear, Tacojohn.

Second edition has numerous fans (I'm not one of them) and many still use that rule set to game with. However, as Tacojohn so aptly states, second edition is not often considered "old school."

When it comes to Dungeons & Dragons, only three systems are referenced in the "old school" fold: AD&D, Basic D&D, and the original white box D&D with the various supplements that came after it.

I don't really know why Second edition is not considered "old school." It seems to me the Second edition falls into the same pit the Persian Empire does. It is often not considered when discussing Ancient History, but at the same time the Persians are glossed over quickly in the transition to the Hellenistic Age.
Tyger77
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Tyger77 »

Harley Stroh wrote:We've heard and noted the desire for the traditional DCC covers and have alternatives in the works. Nothing we can announce yet, but know that you haven't been ignored.
That is fantastic news! I'll be checking here for updates on the alternate covers. Thanks for being awesome.

Can't wait!
Tyger77
Ill-Fated Peasant

Post by Tyger77 »

Well, as promised, I've checked here often over the last 7 months looking for updates on "Classic" covers for the 4E DCCs. Does anyone have any news? Perhaps this project fell through the cracks after all. :(
Harley Stroh
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by Harley Stroh »

:) No cracks. The 4E DCC with a brilliantly demented cover by Erol Otus has been out since DundraCon. I've been selling them hand over fist, here at KublaCon. Where have you been? ;)

//H
The lucky guy who got to write some Dungeon Crawl Classics.

DCC Resource thread: character sheets, judge tools, and the world's fastest 0-level party creator.
Keraptis
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by Keraptis »

Harley Stroh wrote::) No cracks. The 4E DCC with a brilliantly demented cover by Erol Otus has been out since DundraCon. I've been selling them hand over fist, here at KublaCon. Where have you been? ;)

//H

:shock: :shock: :shock:

What module is this???!!!! I just went through the whole site and didnt see this in any announcements.

How come it wasnt announced on the main Goodman Games page???

Who wrote it??? What does the cover look like? What's it called?

How do we get it if we arent lucky enough to go to a convention with you guys anytime soon???

We've been here waiting for stuff like this, man! Why arent you announcing stuff like this loud and proud???

I'm sorry but I do think a ball was dropped ... :? :? :?
goodmangames
Cold-Hearted Immortal

Post by goodmangames »

You guys have gotta go to the right cons. :) Retailers still need a way to differentiate editions quickly and easy, so the old-school covers on 4E modules probably will never go through stores, but we'll put them up on the web site sooner or later. After KublaCon, the next con to have them for sale is North Texas RPG Con.

As for other old-school-style projects, there are several in the works. I'll let them get announced as they're complete.
Joseph Goodman
Goodman Games
www.goodman-games.com

Return to “DCC Modules - 4E”