DCC hardcover 7th printing info?

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Alaric
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: The Devil's Bench

DCC hardcover 7th printing info?

Post by Alaric »

Hey gang, I read a post on the main page that right after Gen-Con (the estimate then was late August into early Sept) there would be a Kickstarter campaign started for a 7th printing of the DCC hardcover rulebook, but since that time I've not saw anything posted on the Goodman Games page or KS. Does anyone know of an update out there that I missed?

EDIT: For those asking, this is what led me to believe the 7th printing would be done via Kickstarter:

"The final thing we’re going to talk about today is the next big Kickstarter for DCC fans. This one is right around the corner, as we expect to take it live in late August or early September! It will combine three awesome projects: The DCC Annual (at long last!) takes center stage, and is bringing along add-ons of the 2nd printing of DCC #83: The Chained Coffin, and the 7th printing of the DCC RPG core book."

Source:http://goodman-games.com/blog/2018/08/0 ... round-one/

SWEET VINDICATION: The Kickstarter for everything mentioned above is now live: https://www.kickstarter.com/projects/14 ... =user_menu
Last edited by Alaric on Fri Oct 26, 2018 6:36 am, edited 2 times in total.
Bradshaw
Gongfarmer

Re: DCC hardcover 7th printing info?

Post by Bradshaw »

I hope everything is still on track. Any new info on this?
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Alaric wrote:Hey gang, I read a post on the main page that right after Gen-Con (the estimate then was late August into early Sept) there would be a Kickstarter campaing started for a 7th printing of the DCC hardcover rulebook, but since that time I've not saw anything posted on the Goodman Games page or KS. Does anyone know of an update out there that I missed?
I don't remember that being planned as a Kickstarter, but that it would just be available once printed... I could be wrong, tho.
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
NickxBaran
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Board Game Barrister

Post by NickxBaran »

I think they said the Kickstarter would have the 7th printing coincide with a reprint of the Shudder Mountain content (box set and supplemental stuff into a hardcover?)
Judge.Jeffers
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: The Round Table

Post by Judge.Jeffers »

Yeah I've also been waiting for the end of August mid September kickstarter. The way it read it did sound like all three would be part of a joint kickstarter. This could be the reason for the delay, so they may end up kickstarting one or two or all three on one kickstarter or three different kickstarters. Though I do believe that they stated that they had no more hardcovers (thus the 7th printing) and the newest GG news post showed Mr. Goodman holding a hardcover with literally stacks at the docks leading me to believe that the 7th printing has printed, though those could be old photos or book that are reserved for retailers etc.. Like everyone else I have no idea what I'm talking about, so really just speculation and deductions on my end. Like you I'd love to hear from someone who had definitive info what's going on. But I hope it's all posted somewhere at some point, as soon as I read it I started working OT to be able to throw money at it! :D
c4mp3ur
Gongfarmer

Post by c4mp3ur »

Hello,
I'd like to know a bit about the 7th printing
I just saw a video about the 4th printing, i noticed there was a physical chapters divider (thumbs shape)
Is it the case also for the 7th printing ?
Thanks in advance for your replies thos who know
Julien
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

c4mp3ur wrote: Tue Jan 21, 2020 1:58 am Hello,
I'd like to know a bit about the 7th printing
I just saw a video about the 4th printing, i noticed there was a physical chapters divider (thumbs shape)
Is it the case also for the 7th printing ?
Thanks in advance for your replies thos who know
Julien
The 7th printing does not have the thumb tabs which the 4th printing had, and it doesn't have the gilt page edges... The rules content is the same, the second adventure included is a new one, the licensed publishers info at the back is updated, and there may be some other minor stuff that I'm not remembering at the moment...
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham

Return to “DCC RPG General”