Getting to know the forum and to introduce me.

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

JoanofArc
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: Secret Door Games

Getting to know the forum and to introduce me.

Post by JoanofArc »

I got to know DCC RPG around two years ago, so 2016. In the beginning I didn't like it. The funnel seemed too deadly and I didn't like leaving a game where all my PCs had died without getting to the treasure. And it felt like the judge was out to kill all the PCs from the very beginning. It took some months before I agreed to try it again with the same judge. After a discussion of what I experienced in the first introduction, the games after that went well and we had lots of fun. Over the course of a few months, our judge was unable to continue running games and it was handed over to me to take on the weekly games. Curious about becoming a judge and also Road Crew, I stepped up and began introducing this gonzo-type playing OSR RPG.

Since May of 2017, I have run weekly games and bi-weekly games at two different FLGSs. I have to admit that there were some missed weeks and weekends as I or other players were not available, but Road Crew games are scheduled and we keep in contact as to who will be there and who will not.

All my games are open table games. Anyone may come and play or just watch. It is so much fun to see the faces of newbies and for those who haven't played in a long time, come to know DCC RPG.

Now it is on to MCC RPG as I have players at my table wanting to try this futuristic game.
Bacon the Zealot
Ill-Fated Peasant
FLGS: The Citadel RPG

Re: Getting to know the forum and to introduce me.

Post by Bacon the Zealot »

That's great that you are running so many open table games! I have trouble keeping a regular schedule at my FLGS. I love the deadly nature of the funnel... I think it sets a very different tone compared to modern RPGs and video games.

Return to “DCC RPG General”