Level 0 questions

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Devastation Bob
Ill-Fated Peasant

Level 0 questions

Post by Devastation Bob »

Was wondering how this works in actual execution. Do the players play their 3-4 characters all at once? Do all 4 go on the player's initiative? Was hoping to find some play examples/campaign journals with more details, but couldn't find any. Any assistance would be greatly appreciated. Thanks.
DavetheLost
Wild-Eyed Zealot

Re: Level 0 questions

Post by DavetheLost »

Yes, players run all 3-4 characters at once. Initiative is by player, with each player using the best character initiative modifier for their group.

The zero levels often end up being a sort of gestalt character for the first part of the funnel.
BernieTheFlumph
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Post by BernieTheFlumph »

What Davethelost said. You play all your zeroes at once.

Seems like most GMs have the players use the best initiative in their group of zeroes, but I've also seen some GMs use the worst. I once made the mistake of having each player track their zeores' initiatives individually. That was an epic mess.

As a player I like giving my group of zeores a common background--they're all siblings, they all have the same mysterious tattoo, or they're all part of the same bridge club. Light roleplaying the banter between my zeroes is also great fun.
-Josh Burnett-
Bernie the Flumph
GnomeBoy
Tyrant Master (Administrator)
FLGS: Bizarro World

Post by GnomeBoy »

Devastation Bob wrote:Was hoping to find some play examples/campaign journals with more details...
This was a funnel run on these boards a year ago:

http://goodman-games.com/forums/viewtop ... 79&t=47582
Gnome Boy • DCC playtester @ DDC 35 Feb '11. • Beta DL 2111, 7AM PT, 8 June 11.
Playing RPGs since '77 • Quasi-occasional member of the Legion of 8th-Level Fighters.

Link: Here Be 100+ DCC Monsters

bygrinstow.com - The Home of Inner Ham
mutazoid
Wild-Eyed Zealot
FLGS: Comic Connection

Post by mutazoid »

Last time I played, I wrote one number or letter or a symbols on a bunch of dollar store poker chips.
Shuffled them up. When there was an encounter I would assign numbers to each player and letters to each monster and symbols maybe for the big bad boss.
Shuffle them up.
Then draw one at a time to see who went first, then put the poker chip to the bottom of the stack.
I did this prevent fights over ties the only unfair bit was there was no bonuses given to the initiative roll.

You can do the same with a black bag and let the players draw one out and seal their own fate ;)

Return to “DCC RPG General”