Training Table!

If it doesn't fit into a category above, then inscribe it here, O Mighty One...

Moderators: DJ LaBoss, finarvyn, michaelcurtis, Harley Stroh

Checkyboy
Far-Sighted Wanderer
FLGS: Bayshore Hobbies

Training Table!

Post by Checkyboy »

Hey folks -- inspired by the many carousing tables out there started by Balthazar, I created a training table for wayward adventurers looking for a mentor to teach them secrets and skills ...

http://archadestower.blogspot.ca/2018/0 ... table.html
Murlynd
Far-Sighted Wanderer

Re: Training Table!

Post by Murlynd »

A little different than I expected, since it is not training done after experience points are achieved in game to potentially rise to the next level, but rather a way to gain experience points through training. Given Dungeon Crawl is pretty tight with experience points, perhaps these training periods could replace most of the experience given out for adventures, reducing session experience to a flat 1. Not likely I would employ experience gains that are not from actual game play like this, though. Some of the other training results are nice background (the results without modifying elements), though. The reputation of the trainer affecting how a population views the trainee is a good example. I liked those parts of the table, less the experience awards and the modifying bonuses. If it works in your game sessions though...

Return to “DCC RPG General”